The online racing simulator
List of tracks used in the CTRA.
Would it be possible for a list of the tracks used, and on which servers they are used on? I, and I am sure others, would like to practice offline with AI so I would not be a moving chicane ONline.

Thank you!
Race 1 server has randomly most of the S1 tracks.
Race 2 & 3 has randomly every track in LFS.

It`s kind of hard mention a list, because I belive it`s just randomly picks one track out from the track list in the game
Quote from The Very End :Race 1 server has randomly most of the S1 tracks.
Race 2 & 3 has randomly every track in LFS.

It`s kind of hard mention a list, because I belive it`s just randomly picks one track out from the track list in the game

On SS1 at least, not all the circuits are in the list.
#4 - SamH
All tracks currently used by the X-System, per server:-
(Don't forget that Race1 is in S1 mode)
Race1
BL1_Standard
SO1_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE1_Standard
FE2_Standard
BL1R_Standard
SO1R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
SO6R_Standard
FE1R_Standard
FE2R_Standard

Race2 & Race3
BL1_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
KY2_Standard
WE1_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS7_Standard
BL1R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
SO6R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2R_Standard
WE1R_Standard
AS3R_Standard
AS7R_Standard
SO4_Standard
FE4_Standard
KY3_Standard
AS4_Standard
AS5_Standard
AS6_Standard
SO4R_Standard
FE4R_Standard
KY3R_Standard
AS4R_Standard
AS5R_Standard
AS6R_Standard

RaceUFBR
SO1_Standard
SO3_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE1_Standard
AS1_Standard
SO4_Standard
AS2_Standard
SO3R_Standard
FE1R_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2R_Standard
BL1_Standard
SO5_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
KY2_Standard
AS7_Standard
SO5R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2R_Standard
AS7R_Standard

Single1 & Single2
SO1_Standard
SO2_Standard
SO3_Standard
FE1_Standard
AS1_Standard
AS2_Standard
SO1R_Standard
SO2R_Standard
SO3R_Standard
FE1R_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2R_Standard
BL1_Standard
SO5_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
SO6_Standard
KY2_Standard
WE1_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS7_Standard
BL1R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2R_Standard
WE1R_Standard
AS3R_Standard

Single3
BL1_Standard
SO5_Standard
SO6_Standard
FE2_Standard
FE3_Standard
KY2_Standard
WE1_Standard
AS3_Standard
AS7_Standard
BL1R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
SO6R_Standard
FE2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard
KY2R_Standard
WE1R_Standard
AS3R_Standard
AS7R_Standard
SO4_Standard
FE4_Standard
KY3_Standard
AS4_Standard
AS5_Standard
AS6_Standard
SO4R_Standard
FE4R_Standard
KY3R_Standard
AS4R_Standard
AS5R_Standard
AS6R_Standard

Thank you.
I've been meaning to ask for the list but never got around to it.
#6 - Gil07
Quote from SamH :All tracks currently used by the X-System, per server:-
(Don't forget that Race1 is in S1 mode)

Are there really that many S1 users on the servers? I'd love to be able to race the STD cars on S2 tracks
#7 - SamH
If we run Race 1 as anything other than an S1 server, there is basically nowhere for S1 drivers to race against other people. If we change to S2 for this server, we'll need to give the S1 drivers a lot of notice, so they can upgrade if they feel they want to keep racing
#8 - Gil07
Quote from SamH :If we run Race 1 as anything other than an S1 server, there is basically nowhere for S1 drivers to race against other people. If we change to S2 for this server, we'll need to give the S1 drivers a lot of notice, so they can upgrade if they feel they want to keep racing

I understand, of course. Very selfish of me
#9 - SamH
Quote from Gil07 :I understand, of course. Very selfish of me

Nahh, not selfish

Scawen gave some numbers a few months ago, for S1 drivers. I can't remember if he gave those publicly or privately, but I think before I consider migrating the Race 1 server I'd like to get his view on it. Running the server as S1 was intended to get S1 licencees back into LFS to see how things have changed, but the intention in that was ultimately to encourage them to upgrade to S2.

I don't want to corner S1 drivers and penn them in so they feel forced to upgrade. I want them to *want* to upgrade. But ultimately, I do *want* them to upgrade. We all do
Well i would have thought an dynamic S1 filter on content could be built in LFS by Scawen. So only those cars and tracks are visible.

Then there would be plenty of servers. S1 users only would have to take it that they get kicked if a server goes to S2 content with a message perhaps.

Dont know if there were limits on number of players anymore but to me that is a physics change not a content one so they should that one slide.
Thank you very much for the info!
The only thing I ask for, Sam, is please please please please reimplement FE Rallycross back into the Race1 rotation. I think I've had the most amazing races of all my LFS races at FE Rallycross with the previous STCC servers.
#13 - Nobo
We just had Fe1 and the grid decreased from full grid to 3 players. This track is a driver killer on SS1
#14 - SamH
I've made some changes to the software today. I'll be uploading a new version when the servers are quieter, later this evening. I'll drop FE1 from SS1 and add BL2 to Race 1 at the same time
Can we have FE5 too?!
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
#16 - SamH
Cool! I implemented all your suggestions. I left out SO2 (Sprint 1), though, but I put in the short FE rally track rather than the longer one. I have bitter memories of the server emptying on the longer one, but I'm ready to yank the shorter, no-pit RallyX track if it becomes messy. Keep me informed, please. If it goes well, I'll drop in SO2 as well
-
The track list is nice, but I would like some of the smaler tracks to be enabled in race 2/3 aswell. Like So1, Fe1 As1, all those tracks are great with fast cars
I second that.

Shorter tracks = more laps = more passing possibilities.

The draw back is more lapping.
Generally speaking I think the higher the server the higher the laps should be. After all that hard work on CTRA 1 you should be able to get a nice race in. And be able to be consistent.

The more laps the beter if youre asking me. Stops people from hotlapping. Smaller tracks can be good fun driving on fast cars but gives more changes of carnage. On the other hand I been racing on CD2 and they restarted a full grid on AS 5 times just for the carnage. So a smaller track doesnt always mean more carnage. Still depends on who is driving and what skills they have.
Quote from niels1 :Generally speaking I think the higher the server the higher the laps should be. After all that hard work on CTRA 1 you should be able to get a nice race in. And be able to be consistent.

The more laps the beter if youre asking me. Stops people from hotlapping. Smaller tracks can be good fun driving on fast cars but gives more changes of carnage. On the other hand I been racing on CD2 and they restarted a full grid on AS 5 times just for the carnage. So a smaller track doesnt always mean more carnage. Still depends on who is driving and what skills they have.

It depends who is willing to give who room, especially on the first lap

Patience and awareness of your surroundings will easily get you through the first lap, not the ability to 'plug the hole' in front of you while heading into T1 =)

People just need to be more aware that someone is going to brake in unexpected places on the first lap for various reasons.
Or the second.

Or the third.

Or...

It's not just the first. It will most propably happen on the first lap because the field hasn't streched yet. But it can happen later. So you have to be on your toes for the whole race.
-
Some suggestions?

Add..
FE Gold

Remove...
FE Club, just too small for even a 11 car race

Keep Blackwood, I don't understand the hate..
FE club is an awesome track, it`s nothing wrong with it. 32 cars could easly go on it, it`s just people that need to be more carefull. Therfor, report everyone that ain`t carefull and causes accidents. Well, only if it`s bad, if it`s a racing accident it doesn`t deserve a report.
-
-
Quote from ussbeethoven :SamH, can you remove KY2/R from the Baby-UFR server, please? During peak hours there are rarely more then 5-6 people driving together, and this track isn't suitable to provide much fun plus people often disconnect in result. Instead of that I would like to see SO Sprint 1/Rev. as replacement; the missing pit lane shouldn't be a problem with such small grids.

KY2 is great, even for races with 2 or 3 people in my opinion. I have fun driving there alone in a UF BR.
-
Sam

Um, sorry to be a pain, but when you've got a minute could you possibly post an updated list please.

After all the suggestions above (some added, some not) I'm not too sure who's what or where any more!

Cheers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG