The online racing simulator
RPM Hitting / RPM Redline
(52 posts, started )
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :Also adjusting the gear ratios is too complicated for beginners.That's why we need better rev limiter.

BAHAHAHAHAA :ices_rofl
yeah yeah i agree with mrpdr!!!!!!rofl
#28 - feat
Kindergarden fight yo
He thinks that he is smarter than anybody here.
Presumably that's a reference to me? I don't think I'm smarter than anybody here, just smarter than most who post in threads about redlines, rev limiters, and gear changing, which tend to be populated entirely by fools and morons.
Quote from tristancliffe :Presumably that's a reference to me? I don't think I'm smarter than anybody here, just smarter than most who post in threads about redlines, rev limiters, and gear changing, which tend to be populated entirely by fools and morons.

No, no, no! Sorry if i expland wrong. Sorry! That was not mean to you. I said it to ''ProDemoDrifter''.

I know you and i would never say to you similar like i said now.
No need to apologise I don't get offended easily (which is why I get surprised when other people get offended by some of my tamer posts!)
You say that cause i'm demo??????You don't even know how difficult is to keep a big drift with xrg!!
Nobody cares.
Sucks for demo users, guess they get used to it or buy a license. :P
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :You say that cause i'm demo??????You don't even know how difficult is to keep a big drift with xrg!!

You do know that licenced users get to drive the XRG too, don't you? We do know what the car is like.
But i dont think that s2 users drive the xrg that much.Anyway in some days i might get s2 too
Don't they? I though it got used a fair bit in XFG/XRG races? It's very entertaining, as the racing is very close (how close depends on the track, race length, and drivers' abilities)
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :But i dont think that s2 users drive the xrg that much.Anyway in some days i might get s2 too

Each time i'm in LFS, each time i visit CTRA Race 1 server and race there with XRG sometimes for a lot. You really don't know how much we in S2 actually drive with XRG.
uhh
shouldnt we get back on topic
im sure the misfiring system would be great by how to make it?
How should i know how much you play with xrg?????Anyways as said i'm getting soon s2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And yeah we should get back to the topic.....
It's enough to use one exclamation / question mark. Using multiple just makes you look stupid.
#43 - feat
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :And yeah we should get back to the topic.....

OH MY GOD NO WAY ? That's what i said already twice ..
I'm excited that's why.Anyways as feat said 3 TIMES let's get back to topic.I had seen somewhere a programm named ''shiftbuzz'' i think which made a special noise when your shift light goes on.Maybe we could change the sound.
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :I'm excited that's why.Anyways as feat said 3 TIMES let's get back to topic.I had seen somewhere a programm named ''shiftbuzz'' i think which made a special noise when your shift light goes on.Maybe we could change the sound.

But the shiftlight does not go on at the rev-limiter, but at the suggested shiftpoint. Also depends on gear ratios which means the pitch of the engine sound (rpm) varies. Every car's pitch is different. So i don't think that will sound anything decent. You need to match the frequency to that of the engine at rev-limiter otherwise it will sound horribly dislocated. Can't see this happening any time soon. The only right way is to implement it into the game, but i don't think that's very likely to happen.

So get over it and stop this ever lasting limiter requests
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :...

There's severals reasons which make the XRG less popular as a drift machine...
But as long it's RWD & N/A engine, its tamer enough to be a good trainer to learn driving RWDs & to drift...

Btw I personally prefer it to XRT or FZ5, it's definitely make you drive like a "kamikaze" to keep a drift last...

About the gearing tweaking, its not as hard as most people think (a calculator would do a fine job).
#47 - feat
Quote :its not as hard as most people think (a calculator would do a fine job).

Well, that's what i though.
well this ever gonna get made....
#50 - T.J.
Quote from tristancliffe :Rev limiters (which are not unrealistic in LFS at the moment) and anti-lag are completely different things. Please don't make yourselves look silly by suggesting they are the same.

Try changing gear before you hit the rev limiter - your drifts will be longer and faster, and/or your laptimes will be lower.

I knew that when I was 8 :P

RPM Hitting / RPM Redline
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG