The online racing simulator
Reqest: Need app to give different assortment of rights to each admin
All we know, that in server is main admin, who heve access to server, admin pass, etc, and is good to give some plaeyrs rights to kick/ban crashers, cheaters... But as well, I don't wont to give them admin pass becouse it gives too more possibilites to reconfigurate server.
Admin and rotator is not good choice, becouse it is not so flexible in configuration, in then can't turn off rotation.
I will very thank, if sombody did it.
Admin Hierarchy Plugin Anyone?
Yes
you got a link for this plugin ??

Was told it couldnt be done, ???

tia
Mick
Quote from Mikjen :you got a link for this plugin ??

I've not seen any evidence that it's been written yet. If it has then it's not been publically released.

Quote from Mikjen : Was told it couldnt be done, ???

It can't be done without an insim modification, but then you're not going to be giving people the admin password, but using a completely different mechanism where people login via the insim addon and running commands through that.
InSim:
If users login is xxx, he can do !kick username and !spec username
If yyy, he can !kick, !ban, !spec, !end, !restart
If zzz, he can do all, except !pass and !reinit

Easy doable, but insim must /kick user only if !kick user is received from one of admins
InSim isn't sent the password that the user connects with...so there would have to be a list of who's who (of people who do)
Like an admin.cfg file?
# * - All
#A - !Admin
#B - !Ban
#K - !Kick
#P - !Pass
#R - !Restart & !Reinit
#S - !Spec
#--
#LFSName,AdminLevels,Priority
Dygear,*,1
the_angry_angel,ABKPRS,1
mcgas001,ABK,2
Mikjen,S,1
Rooble,SKB,3
dougie-lampkin,K,3

I was thinking more like a xml/txt file for each "level", with the usernames of everybody in that level in it
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I was thinking more like a xml/txt file for each "level", with the usernames of everybody in that level in it

You're arguing over implementation details. If you're discussing design then that seems irrelevant.

I'm not sure how you'd differentiate between a ".cfg" and ".txt" file though.. XML. Meh..
Quote from by.corner :Admin and rotator is not good choice, becouse it is not so flexible in configuration, in then can't turn off rotation.

Gratitude these days...:rolleyes:
by.corner insulting one of the many people who would do this for you, wasnt a smart move,

p.s Anyone made one )
Quote from mcgas001 :Gratitude these days...:rolleyes:

Ego much?

Quote from Mikjen :by.corner insulting one of the many people who would do this for you, wasnt a smart move,

p.s Anyone made one )

He never insulted him and he never directly asked him or anyone for that matter to code it for him.
Quote from by.corner :All we know, that in server is main admin, who heve access to server, admin pass, etc, and is good to give some plaeyrs rights to kick/ban crashers, cheaters... But as well, I don't wont to give them admin pass becouse it gives too more possibilites to reconfigurate server.
Admin and rotator is not good choice, becouse it is not so flexible in configuration, in then can't turn off rotation.
I will very thank, if sombody did it.

I'll try to code it in the next 24h
I've actually already done enough to make it work but I'd like to add a quick panel with Insim Buttons to edit Admin rights and the list of commands.

It works like this:
hosts.txt = file containing all the hosts that this software will connect to.
admins.txt = list of all the "admins", containing their usernames and the list of commands they can execute (e.g. !kick, !restart....)
commands.txt = list of all commands with their translations (e.g. !kick must be translated to /kick and so on).

Whenever someone types a message beginning with !, the software will check if it's a command and if that user is authorized to send that command. If he's authorized, the software will translate the command and send it to the server to execute it.

Starblue

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG