The online racing simulator
broadcasting lfs
(77 posts, started )
The increasing number of sim racing series being broadcasted is interesting. There is more demand to create than there is to consume. Now that the emerging industry has saturated itself with so many productions at varying levels of quality before there was ever an audience I can't imagine the consumer is going to find it easy to get into the sport as a viewer. This was never a concern of most broadcasts as they're made with the competitor in mind, but for me its an area of grave concern and has been for some time.

Each broadcast produced is a showcase/ambassador for any non-simmer seeing the sport for the first time. If a broadcast or the series it covers is not designed to appeal to a new audience, then it is having a potentially negative impact on the sport.

For this reason i'm keaner now than ever to get my second series off the ground so I can replace my first series where I feel the quality was - well, "learning the ropes".

As for what to do about the market saturation, i've no idea... I tried to get all the broadcasters together into a union before to share ideas, skills, technology and expertise but, meh, they no likey the idea.
Quote from Becky Rose :The increasing number of sim racing series being broadcasted is interesting. There is more demand to create than there is to consume. Now that the emerging industry has saturated itself with so many productions at varying levels of quality before there was ever an audience I can't imagine the consumer is going to find it easy to get into the sport as a viewer. This was never a concern of most broadcasts as they're made with the competitor in mind, but for me its an area of grave concern and has been for some time.

Each broadcast produced is a showcase/ambassador for any non-simmer seeing the sport for the first time. If a broadcast or the series it covers is not designed to appeal to a new audience, then it is having a potentially negative impact on the sport.

For this reason i'm keaner now than ever to get my second series off the ground so I can replace my first series where I feel the quality was - well, "learning the ropes".

As for what to do about the market saturation, i've no idea... I tried to get all the broadcasters together into a union before to share ideas, skills, technology and expertise but, meh, they no likey the idea.

it's a very nice approach to see all broadcasts as summery to represent that kind of thing and you are totally right: a bad made broadcast is the worst promotion for lfs-broadcasts itselft. so it is very important to set standards, and if i understand you correctly, that's the aim you are going for, but noone wanted it like this ?
that's crazy, because all would profit of that. my first goal was to evaluate non-cost way to broadcast lfs, additionally some kind of software like TVDirector is neccessary to give all the information to the viewers.
the lack of viewers is really a problem and i think it can only be solved, if broadcasts are all available from a central place (like lfsvideo for videos), something like a lfs-boadcastTV with different channels.

broadcasting lfs
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG