The online racing simulator
broadcasting lfs
(77 posts, started )
which screen capture software do you use? i can only select my webcam which is... useless
Quote from J@tko :Can you add commentary to it?

Yes you can, should be fairly simple.
Overlays on the other hand, that's tough I reckon.
Quote from morpha :Yes you can, should be fairly simple.
Overlays on the other hand, that's tough I reckon.

Err, that is doable as well. You just need to be able to type goddamn fast I can't do commentary now because I don't have extra audio in slots.

I just simply used VH sreencap, condfigured it, opened zaplive studio (the browser based program you control your broadcasts with) and that's it. Fairly simple.
Quote from hyntty :Err, that is doable as well. You just need to be able to type goddamn fast I can't do commentary now because I don't have extra audio in slots.

I just simply used VH sreencap, condfigured it, opened zaplive studio (the browser based program you control your broadcasts with) and that's it. Fairly simple.

My channel, now streaming Oval Junkies with sound
Framerate is horrible though
If you added TV director it would be great
I'll see what I can do but first, could anyone join the TS ts.xigmo.org:8767? It should be streamed so anyone can comment
Quote from morpha :I'll see what I can do but first, could anyone join the TS ts.xigmo.org:8767? It should be streamed so anyone can comment

Did you stop already? Naah

BTW I'm genuinely proud of myself. I managet to get the video on my preview screen upside down
Quote from hyntty :Did you stop already? Naah

Nah just trying to get the window right, looks funny with the frame.

Quote from hyntty :BTW I'm genuinely proud of myself. I managet to get the video on my preview screen upside down

Anyway guys, please try the TS-commenting thing!

€: Oval is pretty boring to watch, what should I stream instead?
Ok it's now streaming CTRA Single Seater 1, any talking in the Livestream channel on ts.xigmo.org:8767 is broadcasted!
Yeph.... Mine is now as good as it can be and it still sucks.... I'll leave it on for a while so you can consider if it is reasonable enough considering the costs...

BTW Soeren, The tv Director is quite cool, especially when it know's by itself to switch to onboard picture...
There seem to be a lot more services like zaplive available:The quality of what is visible on other livestreams varies from very excellent to crappy. So the quality seems do depend only on upload bandwidth instead of being restricted by the service.

I wonder what quality is possible with a dedicated capture card (loop from TV-out to SVHS in).
I wonder what quality is possible with zaplive.tv-Publisher instead of the zaplive.tv-Standard-Plugin.
I wonder what quality is possible with 2 PCs to make LFS running smoother.
I wonder what quality is possible with a decent upload of maybe 600kbit/s.

And of course I wonder how all these services pay all this huge amount of traffic?

kind regards
Quote from Soeren Scharf :I wonder what quality is possible with zaplive.tv-Publisher instead of the zaplive.tv-Standard-Plugin.
I wonder what quality is possible with a decent upload of maybe 600kbit/s.

I'm using the Publisher, max upload you can actually set it to is 406kbit/s though, so at least with zaplive.tv the low quality is due to a restriction (I have ~1.2mbit upload).

ConeDodgers 1
TS is still up, ts.xigmo.org:8767
morpha, how is your gear? do you think your computer limits the quality?
i'll try out now Ustream.tv... lets see if the quality options are better...

as far as i can tell, the handling is exactly the same on ustream, but it has much more options on how your stream is presented on the website, it lets you even start polls, co-hosting and much more.

about the quality: its basically the same i think its a bit worse though, as i could set the framerate only up to 23 frames/s maybe there is some tricks with it though
i've tested mogolus now as well and must say, this one is by far the best. it lets you put overlays over your stream, blending between different streams or movie files (replays *g*), live-ticker messages, and i think also the quality was the best.

it lets you put "intro" pages and inserts in your stream and also other text messages.

although the handling needs to be "learned" first i think this has the best overall capabilities.
morpha you should broadcast the Kyoto 500 pratice sessions
i bet there is a service from google as well... which will be the best one probably...
Quote from Fischfix :i've tested mogolus now as well and must say, this one is by far the best. it lets you put overlays over your stream, blending between different streams or movie files (replays *g*), live-ticker messages, and i think also the quality was the best.

Hmmph, Lags like hell. I bet you have to have a supercomputer for mogulus. Also, I don't think the quality (pixel-wise) was any better than zaplive's.
actually i have a 4 year old laptop with centrino cpu.

you can set up how much lag you want. the more lag you have, the better the quality.
Quote from Fischfix :i bet there is a service from google as well... which will be the best one probably...

Youtube is owned by Google
broadcasting service: multi-bc
There are good news about the broadcasting topic.

Last weekend I visited the annual get-together of the Virtual Racing e.V., where I was talking to Martin Bals of multi-bc. He told me, that they have a good infrastructure supporting large numbers of spectators and that they sublet their servers to different leagues. So it is not for free, but of course it is cheaper than to lease the servers on your own. So if you are really interested in broadcasting a race (or a league), this is a very good opportunity.
The advantage is that you can use dedicated computers for broadcasting with e.g. hardware encoding, thus resulting in an excellent picture quality. Resolution is high (PAL) and with about 800kBit/s you will never notice block artefacts. Afterwards broadcasts are available as downloads, check them to see the picture quality.
Currently they have not yet broadcasted LFS, but he told me that they would just install LFS, so LFS leagues can use their service too. LFS is running on their servers and you will control this broadcasting machine remotely (contact multibc for further technical details).

with kind regards
Soeren Scharf
Pff, but it's still a lot .
[B]Priceing for livestreaming of three hours 2008:
[/B]- A single event cost 75€(100$)
- For ten and more events we want 50€(75$) each
- other contracts ask us
[EMAIL="contact@multiBC.de"]mailto:contact@multiBC.de[/EMAIL]

If I would like to livestream one hour event, will it cost only 25€ instead of 75€?

broadcasting lfs
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG