The online racing simulator
Because it suxxors.
Does not.
It breaks my speakers.
Actually, it would be a good idea. You would have to make more than one or two pitstops, so it would be more like the real thing.
LFSCART 09 would get a problem then
I'm keen to keep it FO8, because, let's face it. During non-KY500 season, just about every Oval server is BF1s. So boring .

Why change it? You all enjoyed it (most of you), you won't need to do a whole new set of laps and stuff for next year, and it works. Don't fix it if it isn't broken
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm keen to keep it FO8, because, let's face it. During non-KY500 season, just about every Oval server is BF1s. So boring .

The above is true
Quote from hyntty :Why not use bf1?

Seriously, do people read my mind or something??

What I was maybe thinking of was restricting the BF1's engine to a more suitable power and ballasting it if necessary. The problem is I cant find any power specs for the IndyCar engine anywhere (help anyone? I've tried wikipedia, the IRL site and Honda's engine site - nothing yet.)

What I'd ideally like to do is just put more power into the FO8, but unless that's possible by next June then we'll either have FO8s again or a restricted BF1.

EDIT: Oh bollocks i missed those posts on this page!

See my post below.
The Dallara IndyCar has about 650 HP IIRC, but there would be no point restricting the BF1 since it has so much downforce slowing it down even with the wing angles at 0 degrees.
Also, an IndyCar going around Indianapolis can reach speeds of up to 235-240 MPH on the long straights. Maybe we will get lucky and Scawen might put a Dallara lookalike into the game
Previously, I have done lots of tests with the BF1 and the FO8 on the oval, and the FO8 is basically a brick wall aerodynamically compared to the BF1.

Given the same power and weight, the BF1 is still miles quicker because its so aerodynamically efficient, this means that it is closer aerodynamically to an IndyCar then the FO8 is.

The downside is that, even with full pressure R4s, no wing and no TC you still have to try hard to make it spin @ T3 - so the racing will be less interesting

I'm sure something might have changed in LFS by then that may influence our decision - but we've got a while yet
Scroll down you moron!
Quote from JO53PHS :Scroll down you moron!

Oh shit lol

I missed that the two times I saw that page

By making the BF1 as close as I can get to an IndyCar - i get a Top Speed of 210 mph and an average of about 194 mph

Yes, headbanger is right in that a BF1 is a brick wall compared to an IndyCar.
Me and a few others are trialling the use of R2 tyres with FO8s. They heat up quicker, and wear quicker (from my understanding), and would increase the need of use of pit strategy for the race.

The tyres are not significantly slower than R3s, and do provide better starts so far.

I will continue to trial them, maybe in some longer runs also, for the next week or three. Then I will make what my reccomendation will be for next year's run.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG