Kyoto 500 Post Race Discussion
Discuss here what you thought about the race and how it went for you.

Complaints and penalties will have their own thread shortly
Great race guys. Have a storm coming through and had a slight power outage which threw me out of the race.

Good times though, looking forward to the next event
+1 was a great experience before I lost connection, sadly, once again.

At one point we were 4 wide and that was reallllyyyy crazy. :P Great, long battle/ 4 man draft ¨:P
-
(major_syphillis) DELETED by major_syphillis
-
(major_syphillis) DELETED by major_syphillis
Man, I screwed myself over, I ran down into turn 2 a bit too hard and hit the 44, which spun me, then Tea hit me and I ended up in the fence. Great race from what I saw afterwards though. Congrats #44 on that well deserved win
I'm very sorry I screwed some racer's race, because I spun and I caused the final caution
#6 - J@tko
That race was the shit.

What a great race it was for watching - so much drama. We will be back next year for the same thing - we will have a full-race stream with commentary (hopefully with Michael and probably not Greg).

Hope you can join us!
Quote from J@tko :That race was the shit.

What a great race it was for watching - so much drama. We will be back next year for the same thing - we will have a full-race stream with commentary (hopefully with Michael and probably not Greg).

Hope you can join us!

THANX JACK.....Not very nice. I had fun driving until someone (Ken) sent me a private mesage in vent and it poped infront of my lfs and it made me into a rocketship into outerspace.

But had fun and hope i get to drive a little more next time!
Quote from J@tko :That race was the shit.

In what way was it shit? From an adminning point of view, we did miles better than in the KY250, and the racing standard was miles better, and everyone was miles happier, and the server was miles less laggy
the race was THE shit means it was great!

The the makes it greatnes!
and you are goin to get a kick up the backside which will travel "miles" up the backside
Eh... didn't see the 'THE'

edited Jack's post to reflect my fail
Quote from major_syphillis :There was a complaint because 001 pitted and got lucky dog and was on lead lap. Leaders were complaing that he pitted and no one else did.

In my opinion, leaders should have pitted under yellow instead of whining because someone had the upper hand. Then they even accused him that he started 3rd and not at the end, which he did. lol

Just race strategies, gotta be smart.

Here's that situation with Car 001.

He had pitted. Came out, one lap down, tail of being two laps down. When the SC came out, he got picked up by the SC along with Car 52, IIRC. He and 52 got waved around by the rule that has the leader being the first car behind the SC.

Then, once the lucky dog was decided, he got that. On review, I might have miscalled the free pass car, because I usually declare it before pits. I think I might have called the free pass car a bit after opening pits and people had slightly advanced or changed position as they were coming in pitlane. I think that whole situation had a lot of stuff surrounding it that complicated it.

d
where can I download the live broadcast back?
Quote from JO53PHS :Eh... didn't see the 'THE'

edited Jack's post to reflect my fail

Haha Joe
Quote from scania :where can I download the live broadcast back?

Err, I don't think you can. Morpha probably forgot to press the record button
... I'm going to record the stuff tomorrow and doing my full race broadcast thingy. As schools over now, I have enough time for doing this. Stay tuned OneGP and LFSCART recaps will follow soon.
Quote from major_syphillis :Looks like the leaders crashed and quit, instead of finishing the race.

Great sportmanship

I guess if you can't win you just disconnect lol

They probably could taken back the lead if they'd dived straight into the pits, repaired and got going again. #808 Telepitted mid-accident... maybe he's so used to the (FM) servers that it's just a natural instinct
is 500 miles too long for FO8?
Hi,
thank you for the well organized event.
Car 808 (me) basically crashed because the DT penalty i received in lap 240 confused me so much, that i simply lost control of the car in turn 3.
Yes after 3 years of daily public oval racing my instinct forced me to tele-pit.
At the time i received the penalty i had absolutely no explanation for it, so i got confused. I admit that i am guilty of not properly pitting in, i drove across 2 or 3 pit boxes. However, after reviewing the replay i found several incidents where some drivers violated the pitlane the same way, and they did not get penalized. I was hoping, due to the fact that there were several admins present, that all drivers get monitored properly.
Deko did a hell of a job, but surely he cannot watch all the drivers.
One word to Mr. Syphillis. Please dont call it whining, i simply asked for clarification.
Again many thanks for the event, we surely wont miss out the next one! Looking forward to it.
Quote from J@tko :No. I took about 4 hours.

how long Indy500 take?
Indy car is faster than FO8 around 100km/h
Quote from FM-Failure :
Hi,
thank you for the well organized event.
Car 808 (me) basically crashed because the DT penalty i received in lap 240 confused me so much, that i simply lost control of the car in turn 3.
Yes after 3 years of daily public oval racing my instinct forced me to tele-pit.

Instinct is a bloody bastard! Thank you for the comments on our organisation

Quote from FM-Failure :At the time i received the penalty i had absolutely no explanation for it, so i got confused. I admit that i am guilty of not properly pitting in, i drove across 2 or 3 pit boxes. However, after reviewing the replay i found several incidents where some drivers violated the pitlane the same way, and they did not get penalized. I was hoping, due to the fact that there were several admins present, that all drivers get monitored properly.

I think that in the post race penalties thread deko has reviewed all the pit stops and reviewed their 'legalness'

Quote from FM-Failure :
Again many thanks for the event, we surely wont miss out the next one! Looking forward to it.

The next 500 will be same time next year

Hope to see you and all your alien friends there
Quote from scania :how long Indy500 take?
Indy car is faster than FO8 around 100km/h

3 hours, 28 mins, 57.6792 seconds in 2008 for the winner. This is because FO8 is a hell of alot slower than an Indycar and Indianapolis is faster than Kyoto.
Quote from J@tko :FO8 is a hell of alot slower than an Indycar and Indianapolis is faster than Kyoto.

Why not use bf1?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG