The online racing simulator
remove the useless building of AutoX in Patch Z
Do you agree?
Attached images
AU1.JPG
AU1 Patch Z.JPG
Part of me says yes, it should be replaced with tarmac, for a bigger area. But part of me says Nevahh!!! It's part of AU's heritage, so it should stay. We're supposed to be getting a HUGE new autocross area in the future anyway...
#3 - ajp71
I don't see any need to make the autocross area bigger, it is already big enough to autotests and banger racing on.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :We're supposed to be getting a HUGE new autocross area in the future anyway...

You heard this where?
it is enough big but not enough wide!
Take out the building and you're left with a flat and featureless void with some background scenery, without a real sense of depth. Add some tarmac area but don't take out the building.
or add a tiny dirt oval for some banging!
called sarcasm, hate dirt racing. Cept rally
hate. dirt. racing. except. rally. lol im confused

i would votefor getting rid of that building from where it is now, but moving it some place else like near the pointless unuseable kart track area. actually, come to think about it, would'nt it be better to remove everything large from outside the racing area to make track loading times faster, and maybe reduce lag? having less objects would mean less computing power required? i dont know if im right dont screw at me hehe just an idea
It would give you (slightly) better FPS, it wouldn't reduce lag though. TBH, if you need to remove all scenery to make LFS playable, you really need a better PC.

I've tried playing it on our very first PC (the original Compaq Presario, 64MB RAM, 800Mhz CPU), and it runs at about 20FPS in single player with everything turned down...
Quote from LFSn00b :how about a 10 km and 2 km wide dirt area where you could build your own rallystage layout?

+unlimited .. would be good to have trees as objects too so you could create a forest stage!
But it would have to have jumps and bumps in it too, even if they were pre-inserted
true.. damn you dougie-lampkin:splat: cant think of a simple solution
Attached images
test.png
Don´t worry guys, we can leave the AutoX as it is now because according to this thread we will have an airport track.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Don´t worry guys, we can leave the AutoX as it is now because according to this thread we will have an airport track.

And where does it say that?
Quote from h3adbang3r :And where does it say that?

Tracks:

+ More rallycross tracks
+ Kart tracks
+ Mountain track
+ A really long track, like 7-8 minutes
+ An alpine track, with 1000ft drops and sheer cliffs either side of the track
+ Airport tracks
+ American Route 66 style track / Nordschleife style track

All suggestions are rated:
- = Idea or feature considered bad for LFS or not possible/feasible to implement.
... = Hard to tell...
+ = Idea or feature considered good for LFS
So ?

They are just suggestions that are wanted by the community, not confirmed content for future versions of LFS.
Roger

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG