The online racing simulator
Darn. i give up on LFS
(72 posts, started )
Darn. i give up on LFS
Was giving up after the patch-release after S!-o.3-E, cause its became impossible too steer with kb.
But as I remember the game as the greatest, i gave it another try today with S2-Alpha Demo. I couldnt steer my favorit car, XRGT and Turbo,
but with GTI it was possible. Ok I ran a few rounds, and would try online......
No servers. Ah, ok, i thought, there must be an update.
Yes. I downloadad the Q-version, installed, and */***/*/*//xxx***. The same happened, as when the S1-o.3 E was updated to the next.
Suddently it was impossible to steer again.

What is the meaning of annoying the costumers like this. I dont get it :o(
#2 - Vain
There are still keyboarders in the current version. But use the mouse, for the sake of your tyres.

Vain
There is no difference between P and Q patches in terms of controller support and physics, so any 'change' you felt is purely imaginary.
the meaning is you need to buy S2 lol cause very very very few people own S1
Quote from Carsten_DK :What is the meaning of annoying the costumers like this.

its a conspiracy led by infidels
LFS is a great game (read: sim), keyboard isn't the best controller for it though. XFG, XRG & XRT are drivable with mouse (or keyb & mouse combination), and even fun. Why not have a go at changing the controller before giving up? You may have to resort to demo hosts though as there are no S1 hosts, or players for that matter.
Quote from Carsten_DK :Suddently it was impossible to steer again.

Have you tried playing with the Keyboard Stablised settings? maybe the default values need some tweaking to suit your style .

SD.
Keyboards and sims don't mix, I'm sceptical with mouses too. Buy a proper force feedback wheel, or there's not much sense in playing a sim. Think about playing a flight sim with keyboard / mouse.. it's plain stupid. It's all in the feeling, which a proper wheel will give you
Quote from Matrixi :Keyboards and sims don't mix, I'm sceptical with mouses too. Buy a proper force feedback wheel, or there's not much sense in playing a sim. Think about playing a flight sim with keyboard / mouse.. it's plain stupid. It's all in the feeling, which a proper wheel will give you

I Have a wheel (Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP). Tried it for a couple of month with S1, before giving up on that. But I dont like it, and dont want to switch controllers all the time. I must realise, that the developers and I obviously want different things. Thats why I must give up...
This is getting tiring too now...

Sorry, its my opinion (to which im allowed), that If you want to give up on LFS S2 Alpha, you first have to play it. The Demo is only a demo. There are a lot of Keyboard Players in S2 Alpha, some of whom are in some good Teams and Regularly beat Wheel and Mouse users.

Buy S2, give it a go, then give up.
Its surely not impossible to drive with keyboard. UF1, XFG, FXO, RB4, MRT, FOX, XFR and FXR are all not too hard to drive with keyboard. Of course, not wr times, but 1 or 2 seconds slower than that, which is enough to finish races at the top.
Im driving for more than a year with keyboard now and am still enjoying it (and Im driving often, look at my stats ).

Maybe you should first get S2 and try these cars to judge, if they are impossible to drive.
Quote from zeugnimod :Its surely not impossible to drive with keyboard. UF1, XFG, FXO, RB4, MRT, FOX, XFR and FXR are all not too hard to drive with keyboard.

hmmm.. try rwd cars instead.. those are a lot easier with kb than fwd illepall and yes try it

edit: got you z!
Quote from Tukko :hmmm.. try rwd cars instead.. those are a lot easier with kb than fwd illepall and yes try it

They are not, you are a special case.
Quote from zeugnimod :They are not, you are a special case.

hmphfff.. fwd needs gentle throttle control to be fast.. rwd's dont mind that much if your having on/off throttle and imo current fwd cars arent too realistic in lfs hey is this off topic blaah
IMO rwd cars mind it very much if you have full throttle on, because they spin then, lol.
Quote from zeugnimod :IMO rwd cars mind it very much if you have full throttle on, because they spin then, lol.

that's why you can steer can't you ziggy
Quote from Carsten_DK :I Have a wheel (Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP). Tried it for a couple of month with S1, before giving up on that. But I dont like it, and dont want to switch controllers all the time.

Not using your wheel is probably a worse decision than giving up on LFS all together!!!!!!! :zombie:

Think of it this way, in an order from worst to best:

Keyboard --- Can control car somewhat, but still the slowest of all control types
Gamepad --- A bit better steering and control, but too quick and easy to spin out
Mouse --- HIGHLY recommended for struggling keyboard users, and is a very fast control type. Easily can be withing seconds of a World Record with adequate practice.
Joystick --- Fairly good, but accelerating and braking while turning on the same axis is difficult and slow. But you can still be fast... but it is hard
Wheel --- Fastest of all, easiest of all, full control over your car... because it IS a car's control type

:zombie:

So really, it is your own fault for giving up on something you could be really good at, not the games fault You have a wheel just sititng there, but you choose not to use it, because you like keyboard? Keyboard is awful.

Funny costumers.
I´d say picture number 2
..jonesy.. common, all of us here know it's obviously picture 5..
Quote from Carsten_DK :I Have a wheel (Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP). Tried it for a couple of month with S1, before giving up on that. But I dont like it, and dont want to switch controllers all the time. I must realise, that the developers and I obviously want different things. Thats why I must give up...

Err, you PREFER keyboard over wheel? Why in the earth? You say you didn't like driving with a wheel, what didn't you like about it? You are honestly the first person I've ever seen who prefers a keyboard over a wheel.

Since you've already decided to give up, it's your call. We're not the ones missing the great fun this game (sim) has to offer.
Have a look on Ebay for a wheel you can buy them for less than s2 costs.

Driving with a wheel is not about better laps times, greater splits, its just a LOT more fun driving with a wheel .
Cars have steering wheels, LFS is a racing car simulation, get a wheel

I know many fast and clean KB and mouse driver's, but I really believe they are missing out on a tacticle experience that can only come from a FF wheel.

All the best
John
It doesn't need to be solved. If the noobies want to play LFS and experience it fully they will eventually buy a wheel. The whole point of LFS is to be realistic, and keyboards just can't provide that. If they don't want to play LFS or buy a wheel that their loss.

I personally think one of the main reasons people quit LFS in the demo is because the demo is too good - all the features, unlimited online play etc. I say remove or reduce the online content - time limited sessions, demo usernames, no pitstops or something. Then people will be more inclined to buy LFS to see what it's really like (the demo isn't and shouldn't be a fully representation), and then they'll be more inclinded to spend money on a cheap wheel. LFS isn't expensive and wheels don't have to be either.

When are you going to buy a licence Naburu? Same for Wheel4Hummer too
Quote from Matrixi :Err, you PREFER keyboard over wheel? Why in the earth? You say you didn't like driving with a wheel, what didn't you like about it? You are honestly the first person I've ever seen who prefers a keyboard over a wheel.

Since you've already decided to give up, it's your call. We're not the ones missing the great fun this game (sim) has to offer.

Hmm. We had the very same discussion when the S1 G patch came out.
We had a hole family-like community before that, but I dont see any left...
So, there are many, like me, that stopped then.
Of course, other came inn in stead, and I must accept, that the game now is for mechanics/hardcore sim-drivers only,
and not for people, that just want to have fun, living out their boydream..

I´ve heard all the arguments before, so there is no point in going on..

See you in another game...
bye

Darn. i give up on LFS
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG