The online racing simulator
different pit speed limt in different track.
do anyone agree this?
in the real world, different track pit speed limt is different
e.g.
Indy 500 is 110kph
shanhai is 90kph
macau is 40kph
It's the same with most series with limited exceptions. In F1 it's 60 km/h in free practice and 80 km/h in quali and the race. In the BTCC it's 64 km/h, except for Croft and Knockhill where it's 48 km/h.

I can't think of any LFS track where a different speed limit would be needed, other than possible SO.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's the same with most series with limited exceptions. In F1 it's 60 km/h in free practice and 80 km/h in quali and the race. In the BTCC it's 64 km/h, except for Croft and Knockhill where it's 48 km/h.

I can't think of any LFS track where a different speed limit would be needed, other than possible SO.

but Monaco is slower
Quote from scania :but Monaco is slower

Yes, Monaco is 60km/h during race and qualifying.
Most of LFS' pits are wide-open and straight-ish, with the exception of SO. 80km/h is fine across the board IMO, except SO, where it could be reduced to 50/60 maybe? I haven't seen any accidents in the pits caused by speeding, but maybe when pit lights are introduced, a lower limit might be needed to stop a Hamilton moment?
i agree with scania, cooler with differente
I would also like to edit the speed limit my self
40 km/h min 100km/h max
KY1 & WE1 should be faster

maybe allow host to set it
Quote from scania :KY1 & WE1 should be faster

maybe allow host to set it

I'm with AroX on a minimum pit speed limit tho. I dont want a stupid admin to put a limit of 1km/h in pits.
-1 for changeable pit speed.

I find it hard enough trying to see the bitty speedometer and keep 80kmh. I don't want to have to figure out the limit for each server. Besides, that would require new speed limit signs.

Bryan
i can see the idea, im sorta behind it and sorta am not, you would need like digital pit speed signs that would change
I dont think it actually needs to be change, 80kph is good enough for most races, and really the ammount of time your in the pits should be pretty limited seeing as you should be racing not cruising the pit lane.

And the reason the Indy 500 would be 110 is because the indy pit lane IS MASSIVE! atleast thats what i think
Good idea! +1

On kv-tracks, it is very annoying the speedlimit is just 80kph. 100kph or 120kph would be a lot better.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG