The online racing simulator
G25 Wheel Mod
(10 posts, started )
G25 Wheel Mod
I'm a open wheel driver so the g25 standaard wheel was not really a option for me.
With a official MOMO wheel and a old microsoft racingwheel for the buttons, I came up with this:
Attached images
DriverSeat.jpg
MOMOWheel.jpg
that's a very organised setup!
#3 - sam93
How did you go about removing the wires from the original g25 wheel as i am thinking about putting either a sparco or momo wheel on my myself as soon if my dad will let me im building myself a rig with working gauges and other stuff.
Thats awesome, i've been wanting to put a real momo wheel on mine, but I don't want to lose the buttons.

Any chance of a how-to guide for this?
The button part is easy, I had a old Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel (no FF). It had 8 buttons on the wheel, I just took the electronics out and put it in my G25.
Next project is a little dash with gear indicator (bleu 7 segm LED) and RPM bar.
I had the software (VB.NET) working with the old insim version but now I must start all over again.
#7 - sam93
Demon as you said that you are going to build a little dash why dont you get gauges from beta innovations because i have been talking to leo who is the guy in charge said in about a couple of weeks they are releasing their new module what means that you only need one module so now you want need to buy a plasma lite and a nitro card.
If you email him from their site he'll tell you what you need i think its the new nitro module what isn't released yet a air-core for every gauge.

Heres the link for their site:http://www.betainnovations.com/ just click support and you'll find the contact us page.

This is just an idea for you because this is also what i am thinking of doing building a cockpit and putting gauges in a 20x4 lcd display with a gear indecator and maybe a button box.

Sam.
That is really nice stuff they have there, but nothing is more satisfying then building it yourself.
I mean the programming and building. I'm sure I can do it if I only had more time.
Else I can always go to http://www.betainnovations.com/
Just wanted to say, very nice setup Demon... I like it.

That wheel in the above link is nice as well, i've been keeping up with that project on betainnovations site for a while now and the guy that did it did a great job.

I cannot wait till I start my wheel project.. mmmm i'm just cleaning out my garage so I can make room for the full shop i'm going to need to make this stuff :P but I think it's time to start getting crazy

G25 Wheel Mod
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG