The online racing simulator
Doppler
(22 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
Doppler
Finally.. it's been bugging me for months that something wasn't quite right, and the penny just dropped this last week. I don't know if it's an oversight or what, but can we PLEASE have doppler effects on car horns ASAP?
#2 - steve
how about some surround sound too
#3 - jtr99
+WAAAAAaaaaahhhnnnn........
New sounds would be nice, but thats been said many times already
+juan
Point.

+AWOOGA!
Like this?

From here.

If so, +1.
#8 - SamH
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :Like this?

From here.

If so, +1.

That's the blingblong, alright!
Attached files
Doppler_effect.zip - 795.8 KB - 208 views
i would probably be set on fire in a banana siut if i started another thread about this so here,

please can we have doppler effect on the horns? its been 2 years!
Quote from anbiddulph :i Would Probably Be Set On Fire In A Banana Siut If I Started Another Thread About This So Here,

Please Can We Have Doppler Effect On The Horns? Its Been 2 Years!

Holy Resurrected Mega Bump Tread Batman

@ontopick

It whould be cool !
Can someone explain to me what a doppler effect is?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Can someone explain to me what a doppler effect is?

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBWhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That explains it.
+1

also, maybe increase distance it is heard from? (at least in direction of front of car...)
agree, 2 years and it hasn't be implemented yet... and it's a pretty nice suggestion
Also, if you hold down the horn too long, it starts to run out of juice and decrease in pitch.

See you guys in two years! :rolleyes:
Yeah, considering that engine notes have always had doppler (at least as long as I've known) it seems a bit of an oversight.

+1
Quote from Electrik Kar :See you guys in two years! :rolleyes:

I'm sad to inform you that LFS' development cycles increase exponentially.
So make that four years.
Quote from AndroidXP :I'm sad to inform you that LFS' development cycles increase exponentially.
So make that four years.

LOL...

So sad...
But...
So true :-(
There are people who havent deleted/silenced the horn samples ?
+ 1 and helluva lot more.
If the whole soundsystem was a bit more sophisticated doppler-effects should be there automatically in every sound generated. It seems like the horn sounds are not really coming from the car, so there is no relative speed and distance according to the listener to be able to bend sound in the corresponding way. And the fact it's just a sample. EAX effects could easily make doppler-effects out of every audible sound. But that's not really the way to go. It could perfectly be done in software-mode as well. The fact the cars do have doppler is due to synthisized sound that's easily bendable in such ways to sound like doppler.
It still remains that just the whole soundsystem needs to be changed and everything should work fine. It's not just about the horns. And to request horns to be able to generate doppler-effects is not right becouse the problem lies somewhere else. Let's tackle the soundsystem first and we will have our doppler horns for free.

Doppler
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG