The online racing simulator
Formel BMW Problem
(11 posts, started )
Formel BMW Problem
hi, i have a problem with the f1-car: when i will shift up a gear after gear 3 before i must take off the gas cant accelarate and shift up after the 3rd gear is that normal at the f1-car? hope u understand me (im from germany ^^) greetz michael
In the Formula BMX you have to lift off the throttle to change gears, every gear, otherwise you WILL burn your clutch.
Yes this is normal. You will have to lift off the gas in order to change gear in some cars.
1) Yes that's normal. You have to lift off during a shift, so that the transmission is unloaded and can change gears.

2) It's just "formula car", "single seater" or "Formula BMW" if you want to be exact - this is not a F1 car
ok...thx for your fast answers
Quote from The Radness :In the Formula BMX you have to lift off the throttle to change gears, every gear, otherwise you WILL burn your clutch.

This is incorrect, lifting the throttle is required to change up as AndroidXP explained. Clutchkick can be used aswell but it can be slower and will cause your clutch to heat up. On some tracks you can also use bumps to switch gears without having to lift throttle, for an example those tram tracks on SO6 main straight.

You cannot burn your clutch if you try to shift without lifting the throttle or using clutch, but you're not going to get on next gear either.
i change gears with full throttle just giving some clutch. not overheating
Quote from AndroidXP :1) Yes that's normal. You have to lift off during a shift, so that the transmission is unloaded and can change gears.

2) It's just "formula car", "single seater" or "Formula BMW" if you want to be exact - this is not a F1 car

I agree with AndroidXP its not a F1 car. :hippy::dnfnoob:
Quote from Crommi :This is incorrect, lifting the throttle is required to change up as AndroidXP explained. Clutchkick can be used aswell but it can be slower and will cause your clutch to heat up. On some tracks you can also use bumps to switch gears without having to lift throttle, for an example those tram tracks on SO6 main straight.

You cannot burn your clutch if you try to shift without lifting the throttle or using clutch, but you're not going to get on next gear either.

Maybe I'll have to check, but I do beleive we've said the same thing. You can shift into 1st and second without lifting off the throttle. but then you burn the clutch......like I stated previously.

Or you can clutch kick, and not lift off.....but then again thats not how you shift it properly is it?
Quote from The Radness :Maybe I'll have to check, but I do beleive we've said the same thing. You can shift into 1st and second without lifting off the throttle. but then you burn the clutch......like I stated previously.

Or you can clutch kick, and not lift off.....but then again thats not how you shift it properly is it?

If you shift from 1st to 2nd without using the clutch, the plates won't heat as they didn't came apart... If however you just let go of the clutch with full throttle from standstill and your tyres aren't spinning, the clutch won't grip properly and you'll get a massive amount of heat in it...
Quote from bbman :If you shift from 1st to 2nd without using the clutch, the plates won't heat as they didn't came apart... If however you just let go of the clutch with full throttle from standstill and your tyres aren't spinning, the clutch won't grip properly and you'll get a massive amount of heat in it...

You're probably right, all i know is something doesn't sound right if I go from first to second without lifting.

But I avoid the whole issue by just shifting properly.

Formel BMW Problem
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG