The online racing simulator
Kyoto 500 Pre-Race Discussion
FO8's instead of the XRTs. IMO, these cars are not so tricky to drive on their own unlike the XRTs, but the speeds and the amount of cars means this could be chess at 180+ mph.

250 more miles might make people think twice about going crazy... or not.
Quote from GTR_Yuni :FO8's instead of the XRTs. IMO, these cars are not so tricky to drive on their own unlike the XRTs, but the speeds and the amount of cars means this could be chess at 180+ mph.

250 more miles might make people think twice about going crazy... or not.

well the thing is that kyoto 500 is originally going to be run with FO8 (wich are great cars from my opinion), can't wait to drive them
just made 100 laps in FM event last week
I can't wait for official info / rules etc.
I'm already practicing.
Here is a preview of the new Race Control System we will hopefully (given the ok from J@tko) be using at the KY500. It will make cautions etc much easier and there will be much less confusion over when the pits are open.

Great thanks to burnsy1882 for making this great little insim app - and thanks to TFalke55 for the idea

As a competitor, you will only see the two boxes in the corner indicating the track and piltane condition
Attached images
RC System Admin View.jpg
That's very cool.
What's the penalty if we enter pit road when it was closed?
Quote from lizardfolk :What's the penalty if we enter pit road when it was closed?

configurable on the program, so whatever is determined in the rules.
That seems like a very usefull insim. Great job.
Im just wondering dates and times for this.
Quote from JO53PHS :Here is a preview of the new Race Control System we will hopefully (given the ok from J@tko) be using at the KY500. It will make cautions etc much easier and there will be much less confusion over when the pits are open.

Great thanks to burnsy1882 for making this great little insim app - and thanks to TFalke55 for the idea

As a competitor, you will only see the two boxes in the corner indicating the track and piltane condition

If J@tko doesn't go for this, I'll slap him silly !

PM me the info on how to use this...please !

d
Quote from dekojester :If J@tko doesn't go for this, I'll slap him silly !

d

I will do in a minute, once I have got used to using it myself

Quote from AstroBoy :Im just wondering dates and times for this.

Well we will have a poll to decide the exact date nearer the time
say, who is doing the SC for the 500? I'd like to help out in that area.
Might I suggest that this time we have the "real name" included in the sign up? If this is going to be a clean race (which I hope it'll be) a broadcast will be very welcomed and I'd prefer if the broadcast be "professional" with the real names instead of just nicks.
If you'll need extra marshals, I'm here if you need me.

If no, I'll just race, depending on the date.
Would be good if you can race with me as a teammate

I think Andrei and Blackbird wont be participating in the 500 (seeing as how the 250 went and you go full throttle through all three turns)
Quote from JO53PHS :Here is a preview of the new Race Control System we will hopefully (given the ok from J@tko) be using at the KY500. It will make cautions etc much easier and there will be much less confusion over when the pits are open.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: You should have seen my face after I saw that! WOW! +75000000

Quote from AstroBoy :Im just wondering dates and times for this.

See below on dates

Quote from dekojester :If J@tko doesn't go for this, I'll slap him silly !

d

See above - I love it

Quote from JO53PHS :
Well we will have a poll to decide the exact date nearer the time

My feeling is that we need a definitive date to make sure I'm here and avaidable. There will be seperate days for quali and race, one weekend after the other.

Quote from Zachary Zoomy :say, who is doing the SC for the 500? I'd like to help out in that area.

Thanks to all who have offered help. A 'helpers' sign up will be along shortly.
Quote from lizardfolk :Might I suggest that this time we have the "real name" included in the sign up? If this is going to be a clean race (which I hope it'll be) a broadcast will be very welcomed and I'd prefer if the broadcast be "professional" with the real names instead of just nicks.

+1
if your getting low 36.80's that that is pretty good and if your getting .70's on hotlap (no drafting) then your alien period!
BUMP ! :bump:

Qualifying's fairly well done.

Here's my prediction:

The field is on a small spread, and the competition will be close. There will be a front and a middle group, and a back group. The middle will be the biggest pack, the front the next biggest, and the back markers small.

The start will be one hell of a sight to behold, we'll have 9.667 rows of three, only 29 cars, but seeing them three wide will be completely breathtaking.

I expect some trouble early, but as the run goes on, it'll calm down and there'll be some brilliant green flag racing.

The start will be the most treacharous of it all. The pit straight feels small. It will feel like a linen closet on that start and until the field spreads.

Strategy: I don't know. I just want to see 29 cars running at the end if possible.

Give me your thoughts, discuss it all here. Tyre wear, fuel management, patience, the chess factor, everything.

It's less than a week away, boys ! Woohoo !

d:headbang:
Main thing to remember and to keep you out of trouble is.

It's a marathon and not a sprint.

Lot's of people will be going "balls to the wall" at the start and it might knock you out in the first lap. To avoid this, especially on cold tires, is to go easy until you get some space then just race your laps. Race against yourself until towards the last 50 laps of so.

There will be teams of 2 drafting, I suspect that these guys will start lapping the laggers within 10 laps of the start. Always let cars pass on the inside. Don't get in their way or it'll get messy quick. Use your mirrors and take the highline if your blue flagged. NEVER PASS ON THE OUTSIDE, if you find yourself stuck, ease off the throttle.

To see the correct way of 2 or 3 car drafting, I suggest you log into FM Oval server and just watch these guys race.

Looking forward to a fun race. Like Deco said, I'd love to see everyone finish the race in one piece.
After doing a 270 lap run last night, it will be one for the books. And its going to bring a long some interesting strategy thats for sure.
its all about who knows how to draft and can do so effieciently
im doing my Q run today, but yes i agree, strategy will be huge here. I think its may 70% of the race. The best car doesnt mean you will win by any means
Quote from J Myster :its all about who knows how to draft and can do so effieciently

i think it's all about who can survive... i have a hunch that atleast 70% of the field will end up DQ'd

looking forward to a fun clean race

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG