The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think about LFS?

LFS is definitively more than a videogame.
LFS is a videogame, and nothing more.
I have a different opinion about this (please explain it).
it's a game. can be fun, but remains a computer game.
LFS is my hobby
LFS is the closest to real life, but it's still just a game. This isn't a good place to ask such a question mainly because the community is heavily fanboy populated.
Quote from hadesko :LFS is my hobby

There you go.

LFS is definitely not a game. There is no gameplay at all coded into LFS. LFS is a simulation of track racing. For me, it replaces the fact that I don't have the money to buy a car and take it to the track to race. It is definitely not the same as racing at the track, but it is trying to simulate it as best it can.

That's not to say that the community hasn't added to LFS and created gameplay out of it. The cruising servers are not LFS. Those are a community driven add-on to create the game play. For some it works and for some it doesn't. I don't think it works very well. There is gameplay stuff that is missing from within LFS and from withing the add-on coding capabilities that cause the gameplay to fail. I type this after buying GTA San Andreas and trying out the SA:MP servers not long ago. LFS just can't produce the gameplay.
LFS is what you want it to be
#34 - Dac
For me , LFS is a community , friends , simulator , game ... its my life (nah ,that with life is a joke )
Quote from Dac :a hot naked girl that never leaves your room

lol I think you didn't understand what I mean :P
If you want to play LFS as a fun game you play it as a fun game if you want to be more serious you can too with the leagues
Quote from jonny__27 :I have seen some different opinions about what exactly is LFS, so i decided to create this thread to see what you have to say about this.

Do you think Live for Speed is to be considered just as a videogame, to play in your free time, or is it more like an intense training, driving sim?

In my opinion LFS is nothing more than a game. Simply driving a few laps per session (too much time in front of the screen is no good for my health :razz and just having fun, but always racing and respecting others around me, so you won't see me wrecking, for example. I believe it's not to be taken seriously, as if it were a full-time job, because honestly i don't think i can get any productive work from it. Although i know LFS is also used for serious purposes (for example i once saw the BMW Sauber F1 drivers training in it) i don't believe the same applies for the 'average person'.

If you call Lfs a game - You have simply not understood anything about it.
Your loss, not mine
Quote from alland44 :If you call Lfs a game - You have simply not understood anything about it.

You can't say he didn't understand it.

If he uses it his way then it's perfectly fine, IMO. There are many ways to enjoy LFS.
Quote from zeugnimod :You can't say he didn't understand it.

If he uses it his way then it's perfectly fine, IMO. There are many ways to enjoy LFS.

+1

However, overall I think it should be considered a simulation. Although people may do with it what they please, of course.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG