The online racing simulator
DediGUI ng
(43 posts, started )
DediGUI ng
Hi guys,
well, it was time to release the next generation of DediGUI because of the changes in patch U and above!

So, what is DediGUI:
It's a small but very useful tool which helps you to create and set up a LFS Dedicated Server by just some clicks.
Because of the graphical user interface (GUI) it is also easy for LFS beginners to setup a server.
Everybody will love and you don't want to miss it anymore!

Features:
- Define and change every parameter of the dedicated server
- Save different settings (track restrictions and welcome message separately definable for every settings)
- Load different settings fast and easy
- Multilanguage (customizeable; standard: English and German)
- Start and stop the running server
- Software update checker (can be disabled, see NOTE)

Download:
DediGUI ng: Download the latest version

If you have troubles or need help, just post here and I'll help you as soon as possible.

NOTE:
This tool my connect to the internet (hpr-network.com) to check if there is a new software update! You can disable this feature from version 0.9.9.5 and above! Just uncheck the checkbox in the footer of the tool!
out of bounds: pps

what does pps mean?
this the packets per second...
use 4....

i'm currently working on an update for patch X compatibility!
please be patient!
new version is now available...see first post for DL - Link

please repot bugs!
thx.....
#5 - X-Ter
Great program. makes my life easier
Quote from kaulgt. :I'm just wondering if I could run this on a Xbox running Linux through WINE? I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to this kind of stuff..

well, i don't know...
i'm not using linux. mybe you can test it!
Great program! Any way to turn on/off the cruise option now available?
Also receive error "Unknown autokick option"

Thank you.
od
The link does not work

Quote from broken_Link :chCounter: MySQL error!
SQL query:
  • UPDATE `chc_downloads_and_hyperlinks_logs` SET anzahl = anzahl +1, timestamp = 1206719170 WHERE id = 26 AND monat = 200803;
Error number: 1036
Table 'chc_downloads_and_hyperlinks_logs' is read only
Script stopped.

Theres no FBM?
ClientConnect
I'm a noob at network gaming so can someone help me,
after i've created my server i get a message while connecting to it that says client server, cannot connect
thanx,
joker-GTR
Quote from the_angry_angel :Take a look at this thread joker-gtr;
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572

Hi,

i have installed the DEDGUI on a 2nd pc at home and i have followed both your post above and the wiki, i have forwarded the ports 63392 and 29339 as described on my bt homehub and have no problems connecting to online servers etc, i have also allowed these ports on windows firewall on both pc's for testing i turned off the virus protection on the main pc that use to play LFS and 2nd (dedi server) pc doesnt have any installed as it on a fresh install of xp professional.

The problem i have is that i can connect to the server via a LAN connection but as soon as i try to connect using LFS over the internet, it just says CLIENT CONNECT: TIMED OUT or CLIENT CONNECT: CONNECT FAILED.

I have gone through lots and lots of posts where people have had this same issue and tried out the things which corrected their problem but still no joy??? i need help on this?

i have set up another topic but not had much success with the reponses?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=884967#post884967

Can you possibly help with this? I have MSN and SKYPE where a verbal session may be more of a benefit than the posting on the forum.

Thanks in advance
The problem is your router!
IF (and only if!) you are comfortable changing the loopback settings (IF your router allows it!) then you can overcome the problem.
I had this exact same problem with my old Zyxel router, but by mucking about in the configs, which are accessible via telnet of all things! I was able to connect normally. Since I changed to a Netgear DG834 I havent been able to change the loopback settings, I dont think that it is allowed, so every time I want to connect to my OWN server, I have to go in through a LAN connection. Others can join normally with no problems, and I can join others with no problems..it's just "One Of Those Things (tm)"
Quote from Deejayyaj :
I have posted some of what i did configuring my router and have a successful connection.

The problem he seems to be having is not quite as simple.
As I understand it, people can connect to his server from outside...which is OK and normal.
He can connect to his own server via LAN..this is also OK and normal...
What he CANNOT do is connect to his own server via the internet (using LFS Connect for example)..This is NOT OK, but due to the limitations of certain routers is a necessary evil.
As I said before, SOME routers allow you to reconfigure the loopback settings, and some don't..

I seem to have ALL my ports correctly configured..I am running 4 game servers from a spare PC...2*LFS, 1*Call of Duty 4, and 1*Neverwinter Nights; I have 6 computers currently using my network (4*Hardwired PC's and 2*Wireless laptops)..
On top of that I am running a website, a forum, a mailserver...oh..and finally a Teamspeak server.

The fact that ALL that is running correctly must hint at the fact that I know a little bit about networking
Quote from Bladerunner :The problem he seems to be having is not quite as simple.
As I understand it, people can connect to his server from outside...which is OK and normal.
He can connect to his own server via LAN..this is also OK and normal...
What he CANNOT do is connect to his own server via the internet (using LFS Connect for example)..This is NOT OK, but due to the limitations of certain routers is a necessary evil.
As I said before, SOME routers allow you to reconfigure the loopback settings, and some don't..

I seem to have ALL my ports correctly configured..I am running 4 game servers from a spare PC...2*LFS, 1*Call of Duty 4, and 1*Neverwinter Nights; I have 6 computers currently using my network (4*Hardwired PC's and 2*Wireless laptops)..
On top of that I am running a website, a forum, a mailserver...oh..and finally a Teamspeak server.

The fact that ALL that is running correctly must hint at the fact that I know a little bit about networking

you got it about spot on the only thing is i cannot see my server listed in the host list in LFS either, or is this related to the above also. I could do with someone checking it out????

server is: RedMistRacing 1 (not sure if case sensitive but this is how i typed it)

i will leave it running to see if anyone can connect?
Quote from Bladerunner :What he CANNOT do is connect to his own server via the internet

@Bladerunner:
I understand what is he trying to tell bout his prob.
Good to know that you are a Network Genius

Well in his case. for example:
In some users or server hosts is we mostly use direct connection like Modem to Internet so the Port is by default 63392 so automatically host will be in the LFS Master Server list. But in a router connection if we use 63392 we will be able to connect thru LAN but in Internet? we cannot. In able to see or connect your host in LFS Master Server in a routed we need to use a lower port like 29339. In this case we will now be able to see it in the LFS list.

Thats what I figured encountering this problem before. I tried it not once,twice or trice...

I have 4 routers.
  1. Dynex
  2. Motorola
  3. Linksys
  4. Belkins
and tried to experiment them all.

and it all works for me in a routed connection, using that configuration and just following those instructions in LFS Manual and Port Forwarding.

@CrazyICE: Thanks again for DediGUI, i tried it and it really works fine with me. very helpful
I tried it using the lower port number and i changed the cofig files to relfect the same lower port number, and i still could not see it in my multiplayer list on the main pc, however the server is now visible on LFSW in the online host listing (using 29339), so i thought i would change it back to the original port which was 63392 and with this port selected it can still be seen in the LFSW host list but not online and still couldnt connect via internet?????

so with this i can summise that the port number is not the main issue here as it can be seen in LFSW when using both 29339 and 63992 but i cannot connect to the server using the multiplayer selection screen whilst using either of the port ranges.

so as BLADERUNNER says it may just be one of those things with this particular router???

Can someone attempt to connect to the server from their machine as if that works i am happy? the server name is now

REDMIST RACING 1

its in the list look below?
http://i216.photobucket.com/al ... 9/justingt5/RMRONLINE.jpg
RIGHT, I have started to lose pateince with all this so i decided to research networking in a bit more detail, in doing so i think i may have stumbled across a possible problem!!

My set up is like this

INTERNET
-
-
BTHOMEHUB ROUTER
- -
- -
- -
PC 1 PC 2

PC 1 IS WHAT I USE TO PLAY LFS ONLINE

PC 2 IS WHERE THE DEDI SERVER RUNS FROM

Now what i have done is set 2 port forward rules in my router one for each of the pc's as they both need to talk to the lfs server etc, but reading online it mentions that only one port can talk to one internal IP address at a time........Does this mean that they are now conflicting as i have assigned the same ports to 2 internal IP address'??

Now something i am not sure of is do i have to forward ports for both apps i.e LFS S2 to play online and the LFS DEDI?? If so i am screwed beacuse my router will only allow 1 entry of ports maps to be assigned for each device.

for example:
PC1 has an internal ip address on the LAN and the router is set up to forward the ports 63392 and 29339 to it and i call this rule LFS PORT FORWARD, when i go to PC2 on the router i cannot assign the same rule as it is being used by PC1....this is why i set up 2 port rules with the same ports so i can assign the same ports to each pc...but as i found out this seems to be causing a conflict??

Now do i just forward the ports on PC1 so i can join online host and play online, or can i play online without forwarding ports for PC1.

OR

Do i just forward ports for PC2 so that the dedi server can be seen online?

Also regarding IP address in the dediGUi is it my external IP address for my router that i enter in that box or is it the internal IP of the device which is running the host on my LAN??? i ask this as i propose to run static IP address on my LAN to avoid any possible conflicts in IP addys (i have researched this in more detail so i can set it up properly now)

Thanks
Here is my screen and the ports I have open...notice I have LFS as LFS 1, LFS 2 etc....
Try that for example
Attached images
routerpic1.JPG
routerpic2.JPG
wow noone even uggesteed portforward.com?

k dude go to portforard.com pick ur router model then pick lfs.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :wow noone even uggesteed portforward.com?

k dude go to portforard.com pick ur router model then pick lfs.

k dude...no-one Suggested portforward.com....

because his problem is not a forwarding problem, it is a loopback problem
read here for some info:
http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/Cisco/loopbacktests.php

The problem is, different routers handle loopback in different fashions...see here: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=4662 for example

I admit that neither example deals directly with LFS, but the PROBLEM is the same.
OK GUYS I HAVE DONE IT.

for the records i have checked the portforward site god only knows how many times and the way i had forwarded the ports was fine.

Heres how i did it:

as above i told you how i had to set up 2 lots of fowarding rules on the router well turns out you cant do that, as the laws of networking say one port can only send traffic to one internal IP address at a time whereas i was trying to send them to 2 internal ip address' and they were conflicting so what i did is this:

PC1 - now has one rule and communicates to lfs on 63392
PC2 - now has one rule and communicates to lfs on 29339

so now each pc communicates to lfs on its own port and it all works perfect, i can see it on the multiplayer list on pc1 ans connect via the internet. so all is good.

Thanks to everyone who offered there help on this i really appreciate it.

DediGUI ng
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG