The online racing simulator
Quote from J.B. :So what do the fanboys say now that always denied FF was a slow system hog? Sounds like a great release but I'm not testing it until there's been some time for the extension makers to make sure their stuff works.

Or can I just install it in parallel to my current FF2 install (without having to jump through hoops!)?

ye just try to change the isntall path
#27 - J.B.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :ye just try to change the isntall path

Are you sure that'll work? Most of the important FF files aren't in the install path but in C:\documents...balabla...
judging from my experience with the ff3 beta (whoever came up with the idea of storing beta settings in the same folder as the existing versions should be shot) firefox will keep telling you that addons dont work anymore/that theyve just been installed whenever you switch from 2 to 3 and back
I installed it straight over the top of FF2, it clicked and buzzed and whirred a bit...then updated my plug-ins (after asking nicely, of course!) and now apart from an extra tab on the quick-links bar ("Most Visited"), and the faster speed...no differences noted yet..even Java didn't need updating! (Not been on any "Flash" sites yet tho...)

Spell checker still works...my preferred skin still shows correctly, and all other extensions and plug-ins are enabled fine...well, except for the WGA Plug-In, but don't want/need that anyway!
#30 - J.B.
I just installed it on an old laptop where it doesn't matter if it messes up anything.

-Out of the 25 extensions I use 5 were found to be compatible (after web update)

-the cursor keys no longer work properly for scrolling, they act like pgup/pgdn but not always

-I thought the URL bar was nice at first, until I realized I could neither set it to only search in my bookmarks (and not in history) nor disable it.

I'll try again in about a month.
That's strange, I can scroll just fine with the cursor keys :/
#32 - J.B.
Probably some kind of extension incompatibility.
Hm... Seems nothing on this forum works in Firefox 3 :/ Can't mark anything as read, can't add smilies to posts, can't change any formatting... Probably more as well.

Edit: scrap that, seems the forum options and search this forum options have moved to the bottom of the page... Why is that? Reply box still doesnt work though Oh and I need to type HTML to actually make a line break in a post... What is going on here?
must be you... the only thing thats doesnt work properly for me is alt s but thats something that never worked properly with firefox
maybe some greasemonkey script gone wild?
#35 - arco
Quote from Gil07 :Hm... Seems nothing on this forum works in Firefox 3 :/ Can't mark anything as read, can't add smilies to posts, can't change any formatting... Probably more as well.

Edit: scrap that, seems the forum options and search this forum options have moved to the bottom of the page... Why is that? Reply box still doesnt work though Oh and I need to type HTML to actually make a line break in a post... What is going on here?

Hmm, nothing wrong here. Everything is exactly where it should be. Moved to the bottom? w00t!? I suggest you uninstall all extensions, then firefox, and start with a fresh install.
Quote from J.B. :I'm not testing it until there's been some time for the extension makers to make sure their stuff works.

I've been using FF3 since beta 5, and all the plugins and extensions I use(d) work fine (Adobe Flash, Adblock Plus, Java, Mplayer, Totem).

But I use Linux so your mileage may vary.
A simple CTRL+F5 solved it
#38 - J.B.
Quote from samjh :I've been using FF3 since beta 5, and all the plugins and extensions I use(d) work fine.

You're the second one in this thread to make this claim. As I said, only 5 of my 25 extensions were accepted. Do I need to set a "run not updated extensions anyway" flag somewhere? Or is the auto updater perhaps not finding the newer versions?
No problems with plugins and addons etc, apart from Download Helper or something, which I can't update (I get an error when I try to update it manually)...
Quote from J.B. :You're the second one in this thread to make this claim. As I said, only 5 of my 25 extensions were accepted. Do I need to set a "run not updated extensions anyway" flag somewhere? Or is the auto updater perhaps not finding the newer versions?

Which extensions? Have you taken a look at the Mozilla add-ons page for each incompatible extension and checked if newer versions are available?

Many extension-makers were developing FF3-compatible versions since alpha, so most of the popular ones should work. If you're using something obscure, well, I guess you'll just have to wait for a few months.
Downloaded and tried it for a day, don't really like it much. I guess i'm sticking with Opera 9.5
#42 - J.B.
Extensions (enabled: 24, disabled: 0):

* Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.1.0
* Adblock Plus 0.7.5.1
* BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.6
* BugMeNot 1.8
* Converter 0.7.0
* Cookie Button 0.8.10
* DictionarySearch 2.0.2
* DownloadHelper 3.0.3
* Enhanced Bookmark Search 0.1.4.04
* EZNav 1.0.6
* Flashblock 1.5.4a
* FlashGot 0.5.99
* Google Images Re-Linker 0.4
* IE View 1.3.3
* Image Zoom 0.3
* InfoLister 0.9f
* Linkification 1.3.3
* Menu Editor 1.2.3.3
* Show Image 0.4.2
* SmoothWheel 0.44.9.20061102
* Super DragAndGo 0.2.6.1
* Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6
* TargetAlert 0.8.9.8
* ViewMyCurrency 0.3895
Works wonderfully for me.
#44 - arco
Which cookie add-on do you guys like best ?
pmsl
#48 - J.B.
Quote from arco :The version of these that I have installed is

Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.1.3
Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5

Ah, I see, so the auto updater isn't getting the newest versions. Which means I'll have to manually update the extensions one by one, or wait until the extension makers have fully updated their stuff.

Edit: up to 10 of 24 supported now.
Works good, but nothing new for me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG