The online racing simulator
Is it really that easy to get pregnant?
(77 posts, closed, started )
#26 - Jakg
Is this a joke?

The pill, on it's own, isn't 100% effective, but it's effective enough that people rely on it all the time. However, the odds of getting pregnant on the Pill are slim, but scary enough tbh. You can't lose if you go for the Pill AND a condom.

You can risk it, but from this post so far I don't think it's a good idea - if you don't have a condom (i.e. your too drunk, to lazy, just didn't bring one) - do you really think it's a good idea to do anything?

IIRC theres an injection you can have that makes you infertile for 3 years though, currently in testing - could be worth a look.
#27 - JJ72
Pills will do the job imo, at least it has a higher safety rate then condoms and if people think going with condoms alone is alright, just pills will be fine.

and who can say pills + condom are 100% fail safe.

I have something against condoms, first it feels better for both party without one. Second while sex is a beautiful thing between two naked bodies, a piece of plastic in between the most important areas is just odd.
#28 - Jakg
The pill is better than a condom - you can't "forget" it etc, but if it's only effective 99% of the time, if I have sex with my GF twice a week for a year, statistically she'll be pregnant by the end of the year...

It might feel better without a condom, but I certainly wouldn't risk it.

Your life....
#29 - JJ72
if it's really 99% for everybody then all of my friends will be pregnant now, and had 3 childrens while in fact in real world it doesn't even reach such figures, it's more like 95%

sperm making it inside doesn't always create babies, in fact most couple take several tries even if they intend to, so you have to take the natural success rate as well.
Quote from Jakg :The pill is better than a condom - you can't "forget" it

Course you can, not only that, but if the women is ill, it can reduce it's affect.

I know of a lot more interesting forms of contraception
Dan, high-speed collision in car != contraception.

#32 - JJ72
and btw, those statistics of effectiveness, are they calculated under the condition of cumming inside the virgina or else?
Quote from Klutch :My advice?

You shouldn't have sex.
Ever.

You're to ****ing stupid.

Wrap it up, get her on the pill also.
If you're not going to do that, don't have sex.
You'de make a lousy father.

Troll.

Mind you some kinds of education aren't up to date in the old eastern Europe.
Quote from JJ72 :cumming inside the virgina or else?

As that can only happen once the chances are slim.

Now if it's a vagina you're talking about, it's a different matter and differs from woman to woman depending on hormonal (im)balance at the time which can affect the efficacy of the contraceptive pill. Generally speaking there are several grades of "potency" for pills. Usually a prescription works best because, speaking from experience, if they get the stronger-than-necessary ones you'll have one of the best forms of contraception ever: the woman turns into an over-estrogened psychotic bitch with a complete lack of libido and that's one major turn-off (usually). To clarify, roughly speaking, testosterone level in a woman is what causes her to be more sexually active and fertile - contraceptive pills usually increase the levels of estrogen.
#35 - Jakg
I know people who've had sex for 2 years all the time and NEVER used a Condom, and who aren't pregnant - but I've met people who only ever did it once and ended up having a Baby though it.

I, personally, wouldn't run the risk.
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :Troll.

Mind you some kinds of education aren't up to date in the old eastern Europe.

No, its common ****ing sense.
Seriously, so the education aren't up to date.

Guess what?
He has the internet, researching isn't hard.

I hope he never spreads his seed, we already have too many stupid people in the world.
Just remember if you're going to rely on the pill that there are a whole load of medications and other treatements that negate the effects, making the drug useless.

A lot of antibiotics can stop the contraceptive effect of the pill and bizarrely enough St. John's Wort can apparently also do it.

With a long-term partner the odds are the pill will be fine, but if for one-nighters or at the start of a new relationship I wouldn't go unprotected. It's just not worth the risks. Kids are the least of your problems.
And even if you are clean, STD tests are f*cking nasty. That is no place to stick a cotton bud, I'm telling you.
Quote from xaotik :if they get the stronger-than-necessary ones you'll have one of the best forms of contraception ever: the woman turns into an over-estrogened psychotic bitch with a complete lack of libido and that's one major turn-off (usually).

thats what i never truely undersood about the pill... the whole basis of operation is by making contraception not only unlikely but impossible in the first place
not to mention that if youre the kind of person whod marry a goat and walk around in a shirt that says "peta" on it youd (rightfully) complain about animals being pumped full of hormones... and then theres the issue of of hormones and sports im guessing if you pumped as much testosteron in a female or male athlete on a day to day basis as millions of women do with estogens theyd be allowed to pee in front of an officially exactly once before being carted off to the special olympics for female ex soviet swimmers who need shave their chest
Quote from Klutch :My advice?

You shouldn't have sex.
Ever.

You're to ****ing stupid.

Wrap it up, get her on the pill also.
If you're not going to do that, don't have sex.
You'de make a lousy father.

Why shouldn't he? Personally I think you should never be allowed to type on a public forum because, and i quote, "You're to ****ing stupid."

At one point in your life you didn't know what sex was did you? Does that mean that you would also be a lousy father? People have to learn things at some point in their lives, its better he's learning now than not at all.
Good morning.

I see there has been a lot of "action" going over the night To straighten some things up:
a) Slovakia is not in Eastern Europe. It's in Central Europe. In fact the geographical centre of Europe lies in Slovakia. I was just making fun of some people's ignorance.
b) Sex education is very good here. I'd rather doubt about the american educational system to be honest (no flame).

As for the thread itself, I see that even here the people cannot agree upon the topic. Some say that you can get pregnant after a single try and other say that they have tried a lot with no results. I guess it's really that way. Thank you

Concerning the discussion about pills, I was having sex with my girfriend for some 4 years while she was on the pill and we have had no babies (at least none that I know of).

Oh and I would like to defend Slovakia a little. People, please stop thinking of Slovakia as of some underdevelopped third-world country. We are in European Union. We have teh internetz (optical fibre at home etc.), we have HD television broadcast, we play XBox360 and PS3 games, we have a working government, we have McDonald's and we wear clothes in public Despite our past, we are gaining very quickly.
Quote from breadfan :Actually the last thing I want right now IS to become a father Now I have just realized that I have asked a wrong question. I should have asked: "If you already have had a baby, how many times have you tried to, before being successful?"

Wrong question.

If spawning a junior is the last thing you want, then always assume:
1. You're fertile... full of sperm ready to rock and roll.
2. Your lady is also fully capable of producing offspring at any moment.
3. Unprotected sex = pregnancy.

Therefore, always use protection. Actually, use two: condom and birth-control pills (I accidentally typed b!tch-control pills. ).

Quote from breadfan :we have a working government

Good glory! Even developed countries don't have that! You must be living in bliss.
Quote from samjh :Good glory! Even developed countries don't have that! You must be living in bliss.

You are making fun of me, but seriously, I was in France on a student exchange trip. They were asking serious questions like: "Do you know what this is? (pointing to a television)" or "Are you still without any president? (that was some 20 years ago and lasted for a week or so)". Then a guy pulled out the old PSX console and thought he was cool. When they came here, they made complete idiots of themselves.
Just stereotypes I guess, I have lost count of the amount of times I have been on xbox live and some yank and said to me "why don't you go drink some tea you limey bastard", sad really.........
Quote from breadfan :You are making fun of me, but seriously, I was in France on a student exchange trip. They were asking serious questions like: "Do you know what this is? (pointing to a television)" or "Are you still without any president? (that was some 20 years ago and lasted for a week or so)". Then a guy pulled out the old PSX console and thought he was cool. When they came here, they made complete idiots of themselves.

yeah but those are french dont take them too seriously according to them anyoe who isnt french or doesnt at least speak french must be stuck in the stoneage... although im a bit shocked by how little they know despite being so close to sk
but if sk is anything like cz at least the cars the majority of slovaks have are rubbish... although i rather fancy the lada thats in the parking lot where i work every day
speaking of exchanges to countries full of stupid misinformed people... someone i went to school with was in australia when the kosovo war started... the exchange mom was worried about sending her exchange child back into a warzone
Quote from breadfan :You are making fun of me, but seriously, I was in France on a student exchange trip. They were asking serious questions like: "Do you know what this is? (pointing to a television)" or "Are you still without any president? (that was some 20 years ago and lasted for a week or so)". Then a guy pulled out the old PSX console and thought he was cool. When they came here, they made complete idiots of themselves.

I'm not making fun of you at all. I have had acquaintances from that part of the world (Czech Republic and Poland, specifically), and am aware that you guys are not backward.

Rather, I was making fun of the "working government" thing. I've yet to see a government that actually works effectively and efficiently.
Quote from samjh :Rather, I was making fun of the "working government" thing. I've yet to see a government that actually works effectively and efficiently.

Yeah but that's not suprising as you come from Australia

The gov doing really well over here in West Aus they have made billions from the minning boom in taxes but negleted to ensure our gas supplies are safe
Quote from Glenn67 :Yeah but that's not suprising as you come from Australia

Pfft... nice one.

Seriously, I've lived in three different countries, and government bureaucracy always:
1. Does their job, but blows their budget.
2. Keeps within budget, but can't do their job.

Can we get back to sex now?
Quote from samjh :Can we get back to sex now?

Makes sense though it's hard enough to get 1 dozen people to agree on something let alone a hole cabinet

Sex - no idea what your talking about been married for 20 years
This thread is closed

Is it really that easy to get pregnant?
(77 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG