The online racing simulator
i'll shut up now
#27 - Migz
Awww fail

Well fair enough jakg you've got a point. But least he tried, thas what matters, even if it is all slightly wrong lol.

Btw may i just add i already have a Logitech MX 5000 Keyboard and mouse. Ive also got a printer alredady, and im not going for a shizzy 17" screen, more like a 24" one.

And the speakers i may be getting....
http://www.logitech.com/index. ... /devices/224&cl=gb,en

If anything sounds funny sorry, but im in a rush to get to school lol.
£280 for speakers!!!!

The ones that i do just the same job.

Oh and Jakg i meant the standard clock speed. My cpu is an amd athalon 64 x2 5200+
#29 - Jakg
So you rate a good mobo on whether your CPU runs at stock? If my CPU didn't run at stock I wouldn't even rate the damn thing.

Luke, those are in another league to the ones you have by far.

PS Z-5550 = PWN.
#30 - Migz
:d hell ye! They kick ass , hence the price. Does anyone know of a soundcard thatd use these speakers to there full potential?
Quote from Migz ::d hell ye! They kick ass , hence the price. Does anyone know of a soundcard thatd use these speakers to there full potential?

I would go for the Creative Fatility Pro card or higher because I have one and they are pretty damn good.
Right, i have priced up a Gaming Rig for you with Monitor and Keyboard/Mouse.

I know Jak G will probably want to change a few things but i think this is pretty good

Computer: £696.04

Antec Three Hundred Cool and Quiet Gaming Case - Nice and solid case.

LG GH20NS10 20x DVDRW SATA black bare inc SecurDisc - Good make DVD-RW but only cost £15.

Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.60GHz (Retail 775) - Will easily go 3.0Ghz + with a decent fan.

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO - Budget fan to overclock CPU.

XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog 512MB PCI-E2.0 - Slightly slower than GTX but doesnt need as much power etc.

250Gb Western Digital Caviar SE SATA 8MB - Good make and has 8mb Cache.

Corsair 4GB PC2-6400 C5 XMS2 (2x2GB) - Trust me, you will notice a big difference in Vista and newer DX10 games with 4GB over 2GB.

Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R P35 Socket 775 Motherboard - P35 Chipset which has good overclocking + supports Quad core, New 45nm Cores and DDR3 Memory so you could upgrade easily in years to come.

Corsair 520W HX V2 Series Modular PSU - Good make with enough wattage and a good 12V ampage.

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Pla ... Fatal1ty Champion Series - You will need a soundcard like this only if you are going to buy them speakers.

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 OEM - 64Bit = Future & will use all your memory etc.

Monitor: £164.44

22" Asus VW222S Widescreen TFT Monitor - Nice 22" TFT Monitor.

Keyboard/Mouse: £107.95

Logitech G9 Laser Gamers mouse - Could get much cheaper but IMHO best mouse out!

New Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboa ... sion - Official UK layout - IMHO best Keyboard out.

All this for £968.11 - You can probably get alot cheaper than this (Cheaper Keyboard/Mouse etc) but this gives you a rough idea of what you can get for your money at least
#33 - Jakg
Quote from spacedskunk :I would go for the Creative Fatility Pro card or higher because I have one and they are pretty damn good.

Don't bother - an XtremeMusic will sound the same.

That build looks ok (ish), although i'd definately put a quad core.
Quote from Jakg :Don't bother - an XtremeMusic will sound the same.

That build looks ok (ish), although i'd definately put a quad core.

Yeah i would of put in a Quad Core too but he only wants a Dual Core so thats what i put in
Quote from Migz ::d hell ye! They kick ass , hence the price. Does anyone know of a soundcard thatd use these speakers to there full potential?

Other way round mate. Few speakers/amps use sound cards to their full potential.

If you really want audiophile grade sound quality (and only need playback features, no recording or line-ins, etc), you won't use a sound card at all, and will just use an external USB DAC to process the decoded audio data, and then feed the analogue it produces into your amp. Gives the best audio output quality as the DAC is done externally away from all the electrical noise in the PC. Of course you can use a soundcard as well (something by MAudio perhaps?) to add the input features, if needed. The MAudio soundcards also have proper RCA outputs, rather than a 3.5mm jack, allowing you to use a hifi grade interconnect - I'd say the beat anything Creative churn out.
Slightly off topic but, Luke, You really shouldn't post here until you know what your talking about.
I have logitech z2300's (the 2.1 version of the z5500's)
They set me back just over £100..
And seriously, the logitech z series are in a different league to whatever speakers you have, hence the high price.

Do a review of the 2300's and you will see they're the best 2.1 speakers for that price range, same with the 5500's...

Just because your speakers 'play sound' doesn't mean they're the same quality as more expensive speakers. If i bought a £10 set of speakers id be pretty pissed if they played no sound at all. Your speakers DON'T do the same job as 5500's, hence why theyre 10x the price.

If your going to build a 1k system, theres no point sticking a £25 set of speakers on it, he wants the best of the best, not budget parts.

Back on topic:

From what i've read the AMD quad cores are really lacking at the moment, so if you really want to go quad core i'd recommend intel not amd.
Quote from Fire-Fly :From what i've read the AMD quad cores are really lacking at the moment, so if you really want to go quad core i'd recommend intel not amd.

Yep, Intel Dual Core and Quad Core Pawn AMD's Alternatives (Even the new Phenom from what i have read)
#39 - Migz
Ooh. I cant go into detail on those parts because im on my phone and id take too long. But mainly ive already got a mouse and keyboard, and 250 gb hard drive is too small. 500 gb ftw! :d lol anyways will be be on my computer in a minute.

Edit: At home now

and ooooh, thanks fire-fly, thats a huge discount lol.

I was just wondering, seeing as ill probably wait a month for the newer cards to come out, would theyre be any danger in moving my current old card to the new computer while i wait for the new cards? Or would it be just best not putting any graphics cards in until i get the new one?

And is there any real bonus to quad core? Apart from the fact it has four cores?

And is vista really worth getting it? My dad has it and i dont see anything performance wise thats better, to me it just seems like a pile of shniz. And it constantly asks you if you want to move a file!!!! |:| Which is really annoying because sometimes im trying to move lots of files and if vista keeps asking if i want to move the files ill go mad lol.

Thank ye all for your help so far
Quote from Migz :Ooh. I cant go into detail on those parts because im on my phone and id take too long. But mainly ive already got a mouse and keyboard, and 250 gb hard drive is too small. 500 gb ftw! :d lol anyways will be be on my computer in a minute.

I was just wondering, seeing as ill probably wait a month for the newer cards to come out, would theyre be any danger in moving my current old card to the new computer while i wait for the new cards? Or would it be just best not putting any graphics cards in until i get the new one?

And is there any real bonus to quad core? Apart from the fact it has four cores?

And is vista really worth getting it? My dad has it and i dont see anything performance wise thats better, to me it just seems like a pile of shniz. And it constantly asks you if you want to move a file!!!! |:| Which is really annoying because sometimes im trying to move lots of files and if vista keeps asking if i want to move the files ill go mad lol.

As long as your old gfx card fits (i.e. has pci-ex) it shouldn't be a problem.
Quote from Migz :And is vista really worth getting it? My dad has it and i dont see anything performance wise thats better, to me it just seems like a pile of shniz. And it constantly asks you if you want to move a file!!!! |:| Which is really annoying because sometimes im trying to move lots of files and if vista keeps asking if i want to move the files ill go mad lol.

When you start to copy stuff and it asks you want to do there is a tick box option to apply to all so you don't have to keep doing that.

If you're getting a new system and a DX10 card then you really have to go with Vista.
-
(Crommi) DELETED by Crommi
#42 - Migz
Quote from garph :When you start to copy stuff and it asks you want to do there is a tick box option to apply to all so you don't have to keep doing that.

If you're getting a new system and a DX10 card then you really have to go with Vista.

Nah, not what i meant not like clicking lots of files at once and moving. But i mean im always f***king about in my programmes folder. And everytime you move anything in or out of there then it says you have to provide administator things, so then you say yes, then a box comes up, and you say yes again, and then it asks if your sure you want to move the files over, and you have to click yes again.

Now if im going into that folder 10+ times a day at various times i dont want to have to click yes/ok 3 times before the freaking file will move

I bet in the next vista update when you move try to move your mouse it will ask if your sure you want to move it......

and oh, great, have to stick with vista then. Dangnabbit.
Thats the user account control. Turning that off was the first thing I did when I got Vista.
#44 - Migz
Quote from garph :Thats the user account control. Turning that off was the first thing I did when I got Vista.

AHA! You have saved my life lol.
Vista ftw!!!!!!

Although, are there any vista compatible programmes to change that but ugly skin of theirs?

(yes i ish have vendetta against vista lol)
Just change the theme or colours to make it look how you want. Right click on the desktop and then Personalize.
#46 - Migz
Quote from garph :Just change the theme or colours to make it look how you want. Right click on the desktop and then Personalize.

Nah i mean, FULL change, change everything... Not just colours. I hate that horrible start menu. Change it to a button that looks nicer. Change all the colours. Change the boot screens and log in menu's.

Although seeing as you know quite a bit about vista, do you know if theres anyway to set the start menu back to the style of xp? So you have all the programmes in their catagories, instead of scrolling in vista?
I've had Vista x64 for not even 2 weeks yet!!!

I don't know if you can make it look like XP but it can go back to looking like previous versions. You just right click on the toolbar, properties and then customize the settings. I like Vista you just have to get used to it.

Make Vista look like XP...kind of - http://www.cnettv.com/9742-1_53-25854.html
WHOOOO! GETS THE Z5500's!!

I got them and they fookin rock! You can get them for about £180 btw if you look in the right place. There such a great system though, and after some tweaking, you can get them to pump out 1000watts .

I also got another set in my loft, which i'll soon be coupling with this set. Should be uber pwnage :P.
Quote from Migz :Ooh. I cant go into detail on those parts because im on my phone and id take too long. But mainly ive already got a mouse and keyboard, and 250 gb hard drive is too small. 500 gb ftw! :d lol anyways will be be on my computer in a minute.

Get rid of the Keyboard/Mouse from my rig i posted, change to 500gb and change any other little things are you got a pretty decent gaming rig
#50 - Migz
Quote from garph :I've had Vista x64 for not even 2 weeks yet!!!

I don't know if you can make it look like XP but it can go back to looking like previous versions. You just right click on the toolbar, properties and then customize the settings. I like Vista you just have to get used to it.

Make Vista look like XP...kind of - http://www.cnettv.com/9742-1_53-25854.html

Sorry but pah :P

I just went on my dads laptop, and it turns out the devolopers of windows vista must hate windows xp.

If you click the taskbar and click properties you can then select if you want your start menu as
"Start Menu" Or "Classic Start Menu"
Now you'd be expecting classic to be the windows xp one aye?

Nope its the one before that, the one you can set your start menu to in windows xp as well.

And not only did they do that! If you go to that theme place you told me about, they have
"Windows Vista Theme" and "Classic Theme" once again, its not the windows xp theme, its one before that. Oh seriously come on, that must be operating system discrimination!!!!

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :WHOOOO! GETS THE Z5500's!!

I got them and they fookin rock! You can get them for about £180 btw if you look in the right place. There such a great system though, and after some tweaking, you can get them to pump out 1000watts .

I also got another set in my loft, which i'll soon be coupling with this set. Should be uber pwnage :P.

1000watts!! sweet!!

What kinda tweaks would these be? And are there any disadvantages? I.e speakers setting fire to themselves?

Quote from mclarenmatt :Get rid of the Keyboard/Mouse from my rig i posted, change to 500gb and change any other little things are you got a pretty decent gaming rig

i hope its not decent, i hope its kickass
The ammount of money im spending i could get me a supercomputer.

Although i do wonder what kind of fps you'd get with one of those xdxd

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG