The online racing simulator
Fake LFS Email
(52 posts, started )
Fake LFS Email
Hey guys
just letting you know I've recieved an email claming to be "Eric Balley" asking to send my account details.

Quote :Dear Customer,

I would like to inform you that there is a problem with your current LFS account, please send your account information back to this email including user name and passwords, we will fix this error immediately, sorry for any inconvenience. Your account will be updated with the all new 2008 July modifications.

yours faithfully Eric Balley.

--

The email address is

" Your account will be updated with the all new 2008 July modifications. " LOL!
And his name is WRONG! Not Eric Balley.... it's Eric Bailey. Amateurs...
Didnt Eric was only 3D modeller? LOL
WEB admin is Victor.

Very bad fake. Even my grandma could do better
Quote from Danzig :Hey guys
just letting you know I've recieved an email claming to be "Eric Balley" asking to send my account details.

The email address is

added contact to msn so i can send him/her an email regarding there lfs account , and i need to update with patch z
And the award for amateur scamming goes to ...
God damn it, how come I never get those kinds of messages?

I would really mess with them
#7 - Nobo
#9 - doyal
[removed utter stupidity from this post]
Quote from doyal :[removed utter stupidity from this post]

You're either:
  1. Stupid
  2. Being sarcy
  3. Or trying to scam people into sending details
I think its the second one - but I'm not sure
-
(doyal) DELETED by SamH : Foolish
Quote from J@tko :

You're either:
  1. Stupid
  2. Being sarcy

Well, I'm pretty sure its the second one.

And therefor since when does lfs admin use a @doramail.com email adres? I never heard of that before
Quote from J@tko :

You're either:
  1. Stupid
  2. Being sarcy

or
4. bad driver
pecause hes XRT is always spinning
lika all other online services:

LFS developers or the others involved into this project will NEVER ask for your username or password!
#14 - SamH
I've removed the foolish content from doyal's post, just in case anyone reads it and falls for it.

Seriously, doyal, that's not clever at all.
One of the devs should make an S2 account with a random name on it and then send the password to these spammers, they think they've struck gold and bang the devs get their IP and permaban it from LFS and remove the account.
Quote :I've removed the foolish content from doyal's post, just in case anyone reads it and falls for it.

Ok, but now that 'we' know it's not meant to be taken seriously, it would be mind easing to know what it was ?
I hate it when there's things I don't know.

Quote from mcintyrej :One of the devs should make an S2 account with a random name on it and then send the password to these spammers, they think they've struck gold and bang the devs get their IP and permaban it from LFS and remove the account.

Not exactly reliable, unfortunately.
#18 - SamH
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :Ok, but now that 'we' know it's not meant to be taken seriously, it would be mind easing to know what it was ?
I hate it when there's things I don't know.

He was saying that the fake email was really true and that everyone should send their details immediately.. and that's a very dangerous game to play, frankly.
ffs those damn noobs
Yeah, person/s who made it are pretty stupid. Can easily tell by the email address, the name was spelt incorrectly and the LFS devs will never ask for your password etc.

Just letting you guys know.
another victim for spamyourenemiesdotcom;p Not that I would advise anyone doing so, but hf wading through all the mud!
ban doyal!
That reminds me of this.

That was an Eric Bailey with a Hotmail account though.
I wonder what would happen if somebody sent them their demo account details And as for the fake email - the creator was obviously lazy. I am used to far more creative explanations of why should I send someone my login details.
Tip: If you're going to send out fake emails from the LFS devs, at least pick one of the devs who actually exists.

Fake LFS Email
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG