The online racing simulator
A Message from Your Race Director:
Right.

After this afternoon's practice session's first Race Take, I am not happy AT ALL.

I have several expectations of you, especially those who are experienced.

I expect that you will race cleanly and use your head and honor the requests of the Race Director.

I expect that you will make every effort to use sound and proper judgment to ensure that any situations do not turn into bigger situations.

I expect that you have the ability to be patient when needed, regardless of what's happening.

These usually seem simple to me, but today, they seemed to fail, for some.

To everyone who was in that session today, you were given credit for attendance. You still have my belief that this quite possibly was a one-off that won't happen again. But this needs to be said.

1. READ THE RULES OF WHATEVER EVENTS YOU ENTER. Do NOT assume that they won't change in the course of time leading up to the event. Check the forum/website/whatever regularly for new and improved rules. It is YOUR responsibility as an entrant to have read and understood the regs, and it is MY job as the Race Director and Rules Supervisor to make sure that any questions or problems that arise with them are dealt with.

2. When there is someone ahead of you on track in an unusual state, such as sideways, spinning, or upside down, SLOW DOWN AND DON'T KEEP YOUR FOOT PLANTED ! DO NOT assume that it will clear before you get there. DO NOT assume that it won't get into your line. It's exponentially harder to take safe evasive actions at 300 KPH than it is at 150, or even 200 KPH.

3. Finally, HAVE RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER'S THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS. It's NOT PERSONAL. It's a video game ! What happens in this, while it is very true to life, it's still a GAME. It is NOT in any WAY, SHAPE or FORM a life or death, friendship or not, battle. It's serious at times, yest, but it's never so serious as to take it personal to yourself. The incontrovertible #1 reason to play this game is to have FUN. The other reasons, money, ego, pride, etc are all nowhere near as high a priority as having FUN with it.

If you wish to comment/question/complain to me about it, do it in PM ONLY.

That is all.

dekojester.
This thread is closed

A Message from Your Race Director:
(1 post, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG