The online racing simulator
Hotlap did not pass HLVC check
(99 posts, closed, started )
Hi guys,

I uploaded a hot lap last night, and got this email this morning...

" you have recently uploaded a hotlap at www.lfsworld.net, driven at SO6 with the XFG.

Unfortunately our additional hotlap checker did not validate your hotlap. As such, it has been removed from the LFS World hotlap charts.

The reason for the invalidity was: your hotlap did not pass the current HLVC check."

Not sure if anyone has received this before. As far as i remember, the lap was valid while i was driving it, and hence my ability to upload it...

Can anyone shed any light, so that the same thing doesnt happen again?

Thanks
You may have touched the wall.
but doesnt that pick up in the ingame HLVC?
#4 - J@tko
The in-game and hotlap checking (external) HLVC checkers are different.

The LFSW one (the external one) is better than the ingame one. (Does that make sense? :tilt
#5 - Ian.H
Quote from J@tko :The in-game and hotlap checking (external) HLVC checkers are different.

The LFSW one (the external one) is better than the ingame one. (Does that make sense? :tilt

Certainly doesn't make _logical_ sense but lets face it, any kind of contact detection in LFS is hardly decent.. but that doesn't matter.. because we can now have the UI in multiple variations of [racist language removed]! \o/ That's what's _really_ important

Regards,

Ian
#6 - Jakg
The HLVC thingy was tightened in the latest LFS test patch. So the LFSW one is the same as the one in the latest test-patch, but tighter than the one in the standard Y Patch.

Ian - Stop being a "[..]".
Quote from Ian.H :Certainly doesn't make _logical_ sense but lets face it, any kind of contact detection in LFS is hardly decent.. but that doesn't matter.. because we can now have the UI in multiple variations of [..]! \o/ That's what's _really_ important

Regards,

Ian

I'm getting a bit bored of your continual cynical replies that serve no purpose other than to vent your own frustration with either LFS or something else we don't know about.
All you do is nag - nothing ever seems good enough for you. I wouldn't mind if you'd cut back on the nagging.
#8 - Ian.H
Quote from Victor :I'm getting a bit bored of your continual cynical replies that serve no purpose other than to vent your own frustration with either LFS or something else we don't know about.

Ironically, I'm a bit bored of the process (progress would be an incorrect term to use) of development of commercial software I purchased. It seems the "problem" is, everyone else sees LFS like someone handing over the keys to their new car for a friend to have a quick drive around the block in.. it's not, it's a commercial product that isn't moving forwards in any respectable fashion, and hasn't done for the past couple of years.

Quote :All you do is nag - nothing ever seems good enough for you. I wouldn't mind if you'd cut back on the nagging.

On the contrary, some things are very good.. but LFS (the game side of things) has become so stagnant over the past 18 months, it's nothing short of a bad joke. Bugs that have been in the game since day 1 _still_ not addressed, features that are barely usable (or just work in broken ways), arcade style crap being added patch by patch (yet I thought this was a sim? I guess I was wrong) yet Scawen pissballs about with multiple martian languages when there are _far_ more important things to do.

I wouldn't mind if LFS cut back on the pissballing about with pointless crap.
and how many times do you think you have to tell us that before you think we have heard it?
Quote from Victor :and how many times do you think you have to tell us that before you think we have heard it?

Well, judging by lack of substantial progress over the past 2 years, it would seem it's not been said enough.
"Have a break, have a KitKat."
Well, judging by your reply, I'm gonna conclude you're just being childish and will ignore you. Cheap shot answers don't do it for me.
I certainly admire your internet bravery Ian, standing up to one of our main men like that.

However, I see your point and take it very well. The message you gave about the development being slow but going in the wrong direction, away from huge old issues and just adding strange new content - thats a true message that I know many people here agree with silently.

Lets hope the Developers can take it in a constructive way, rather than kicking your pissballs.
Quote from Victor :Well, judging by your reply, I'm gonna conclude you're just being childish and will ignore you. Cheap shot answers don't do it for me.

Fine.. back away. That was no cheap shot (you have no idea what a cheap shot is if you think that was one), but as the common phrase goes: the truth hurts.
#15 - Byku
What kind of arcade styled crap You are talking about? O.o
Btw. I dont mind slow progress, at least there is one ^^. And I adore the community with developers on the top .

We bought beta... when we bought it nobody said that there will be x patches every x months.. and we agreed upon that. All we know that there will be S1, S2, S3. Personally I believe there will be , I hava whole live to wait for it. If You are bored... then play something else, You can go back to LFS anytime couse once You bought it, it is Yours forever .
Quote from Ian.H :...arcade style crap being added patch by patch (yet I thought this was a sim? I guess I was wrong)

Quote from mcintyrej :...the development being slow but going in the wrong direction

I'm curious, what things are you two referring to here? I'm not going to partake in arguing about anything, I'm just curious as to what you mean. What arcade style stuff has been added recently? And what recent changes have been in the wrong direction?
Quote from mcintyrej :

[ snip ]

Lets hope the Developers can take it in a constructive way, rather than kicking your pissballs.

I'd like to hope so too. I'd sooner be spending time on the track (preferably a new one!) (back in the day, I _really_ did enjoy the racing I did in LFS).. but it seems it slowly, but surely, becoming a lost cause.

If I get my balls kicked, so be it.. wouldn't be the first time and I doubt it'd be the last

Regards,

Ian
#18 - Jakg
I think he means the Clutch Temp Bar.

And by "wrong direction" he means new languages being added that Ian doesn't use rather than features he might use, which is an incredibly arrogant thing to say.
Quote from Jakg :I think he means the Clutch Temp Bar.

And by "wrong direction" he means new languages being added that Ian doesn't use rather than features he might use, which is an incredibly arrogant thing to say.

Jack said about the wrong direction (God there's so many Jacks!)

I do agree with Ian, though I think it's kinda obvious that the devs know that a significant minority here are getting very fed up with the lack of new stuff over the past year or so.

This is getting a bit OT too
#20 - Byku
I also thought so. Personaly I like the Clutch Temp Bar... at least we are changing gears in the correct way ^^. Agree with You Jakg, new languages are usefull for more people who dont know english well.

Btw. Guys... there is only one guys working on it. He's got family and stuff . Certainly there are going to be more tracks and cars... maybe in Z patch... and certainly in S3. There was already a lot of stuff made by davs which was not realesed(rally pack, new kind of cars as I read somewhere) and they might be working on them and at the same time working on all those minor things we get in test patches.
#21 - Jakg
Significant Minority? How are we significant?

LFS is NOT subscription based - it needs new people to sign up all the time for the devs to eat (almost like a Pyramid Scheme). Adding content may lure more people in, but supporting new languages was a god-send for the Korean (?) community, and probably attracted a hell of a lot more licenses.

I was getting bored of LFS, but i'm now starting to realise the "finer things", specifically things like the Baby-R, which is the first non-RWD car I would happily drive around a track on it's own and still have fun.

EDIT - I don't mean languages as in English, French or German, I mean Character Sets - all the languages except English are produced by the community, but Scawen is adding support for non-"normal" (can't think of the word - you know what I mean) character sets, i.e. Cyrillic, Arabic, Chinese etc...
Quote from Byku :What kind of arcade styled crap You are talking about? O.o

All of the F9-F12 displays (of which get added to at various patch stages.. such as clutch temp recently etc).. FPS displays on dash boards due to lack of actual working features.. big gear indicators on the dashboards of the equivalent of a £6k car (XFG).

Cars stall when idle for n seconds due to an unoptimised physics engine (I can leave my car running for hours, only stops when the fuel tank is empty).. there's more, but I haven't loaded LFS in months to go back through things.

Quote :Btw. I dont mind slow progress, at least there is one ^^. And I adore the community with developers on the top .

Yeah? If you think adding foreign languages is progress, when the likes of aerodynamics, engine modelling, turbo modelling are nothing but bad jokes, then good for you, you must be easily pleased.

Quote :We bought beta... when we bought it nobody said that there will be x patches every x months.. and we agreed upon that. All we know that there will be S1, S2, S3.

I bought a beta (alpha, incomplete, whatever) game over 4 years ago! Development is about as quick as m$ and vista.. and about as buggy too.

Seems everything went to pot after Scawen had kids. I've got a littlen too, just like many others in the world, yet we all manage to go to work for a living. I doubt my boss would accept a severe drop in my performance due to a family.

Quote :Personally I believe there will be , I hava whole live to wait for it. If You are bored... then play something else, You can go back to LFS anytime couse once You bought it, it is Yours forever .

I did that. I spent 2 years building tracks and understanding the ins and outs of rF modding hoping to come back to LFS to see some real good progress. Alas, all I saw was that the tyres had become a little more realistic since patch K or whatever it was.. not a lot of anything else.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Byku :

[ snip ]

He's got family and stuff .

[ snip ]

I knew someone would bring that up. It's got fsck all to do with development.

Many others do too, we all manage to perform the same at work.

Regards,

Ian
911... Hi, id like to report a crime... my thread has been Hi jacked....
#25 - Byku
Ok... bringing up the kids is kinda stereotypical(sorry for mistakes ). I partly agree with big indicators of gears... it is stupid... but also helpful for people without wheels. Would You rather like to have floating, unrealistic gear indicator?

I disagree with F9-F12, personally i dont use them when racing just when testing setups... well... at least tyre temp graphs :P. About the rest of them... I believe they are there for testing... and they might be fixed in the future. About car stalling... true, true... there should be an option to disable that :P.

About progress. What I "like" about slow progress is the fact that LFS at least is "alive". Of course I would like bigger updates(like those which You mentioned).

Kids... Ok, You've got kids... and You are working... but are You alone in the company You are working in? Scawen is almost alone there in the programming stuff of LFS. Yeah... I know he could "hire" more people... and yes... I agree with that... progress certainly would be faster. And people who are saying that it would create conflicts inside dev team... hell... Scawen would be the boss, he would decide :P.
This thread is closed

(99 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG