The online racing simulator
Pc dies while on s2
(33 posts, started )
In that video did the computer crash/restart it's self? Mine used to do that and my problem was, overheating
Hi

Ive rolled back my driver on my graphics card and now i have been playing on it for abot an hour and its brilliant no problems at all been on he akm server and onthe racing x server its awsome. I love the fxr

A
Quote from Ashley Williams :Hi

Ive rolled back my driver on my graphics card and now i have been playing on it for abot an hour and its brilliant no problems at all been on he akm server and onthe racing x server its awsome. I love the fxr

A

great
Quote from Ashley Williams :Hi

A

Ashley, what driver version WERE you running when having the problems? (and which one have you rolled back to?).
Up until this w/end I was using 174 drivers, and was getting weird texture bugs (trees appearing in the dashboard/ambulance textures on walls etc!), I've run the web update for Directx (it downloaded about 2MB of updates), and also installed the 175.xx beta drivers, so far no more problems ....
Well i had the original version im not sur ewhich one im affraid so i then up dated to the newsest version this is when the screen woudl freeze and the game would carry on. So i rolled it back and it still freezes and restarts on south city but i can play onthe rest of the tracks np. So ill leave it at that until i have the spare cash to improve graphics card etc.

A
#31 - J.B.
Quote from Jakg :STFU if you don't have a clue.

Please, tell me how an 8600GT (which isn't that good, btw), is better for playing back movies than an 8800?

Most 8800 have the old version of purevideo which is useless for AVC and VC-1 and not even spec compliant (no deblocking).
Quote from Ashley Williams :Well i had the original version im not sur ewhich one im affraid so i then up dated to the newsest version this is when the screen woudl freeze and the game would carry on. So i rolled it back and it still freezes and restarts on south city but i can play onthe rest of the tracks np. So ill leave it at that until i have the spare cash to improve graphics card etc.

A

Your graphics card has nothing to do with the crashes/freezes you are experiencing, at least not directly. It might not be the top-end one, but it won't cause LFS to crash. If I were you, I'd do following

1) Run some anti-malware program like SpyBot
2) Clean your CPU and GPU fan, no dust is allowed (overheating can cause serious trouble)
3) Update DirectX, graphics drivers, chipset drivers... you can update all of them
4) Defragment your harddrive. Altough it barely can help, cluttered disk with data entries shred all over it can cause windows go erratic when allocating additional swap space. And BTW, doing so by the default windows defragmenter is a waste of time, get some more advanced defrag tool like O&O Defrag. Altough it is shareware it can do the job way better.
5) As some guys already advised, check your PSU. Total wattage is not a value that tells you how powerful your PSU really is, it only provides just a general idea... But any ATX 2.03 24 pin PSU with at least 400W should be just fine.

If you are still suffering from crashes, the only way out is reinstalling windows.
a good program which is good for overheating is speedfan, it lets you control the speeds of the fans in your pc and also show you how hot it is.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Pc dies while on s2
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG