The online racing simulator
Pc dies while on s2
(33 posts, started )
Pc dies while on s2
Hi all

My team leader marek bought me a s2 licenes tonight he is a true star Go team racingx!!

Anyway i started playing on it and was playing away and my pc keeps sort of freezing then turning off it will freeze the picture for abouta second go "dddddddddddddd" then turn of and restart i cant figure out why though

Im running xp sp2
intel pentium r 4CPU 3.2ghz
1GB of ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 turbo Cache

It did do it on demo a few times but it never ever used to do it. I can barely get around the track without it doing it.

A
Quote from Ashley Williams :
It did do it on demo a few times but it never ever used to do it. I can barely get around the track without it doing it.

I don't know why, but I would clarify that. Makes no sense to me.
It has done it on demo maybe 3 times since ive been playing on lfs for about 8 or 9 months now but now i have s2 it does it every lap.

A
#4 - AMB
Ashley this has happened to me and I have a new PC so I don't know what it is, I also use a nVida Graphics card 8 thousand something though, Bad thing about mine was I was winning a 1 hour race by 11 seconds and it did it, but hasn't done it since.

Ok thanks AMB i hope i dont need a new pc this one wasnt cheap.

A
#6 - Dru
Quote from Ashley Williams :

Ok thanks AMB i hope i dont need a new pc this one wasnt cheap.

A

I had this sort of thing with a memory and a psu problem, but why it would do it on S2 and not demo... maybe overload?
Quote from Dru :I had this sort of thing with a memory and a psu problem, but why it would do it on S2 and not demo... maybe overload?

Im not that great on pc's i get most of it so does this mean i might need a new psu? A more powerfull one to cope with extra load?

A
#8 - AMB
Yup this pc has not much memory, and i have a lot of stuff downloaded, so i think i will delete some stuff tomorrow, don't want it happening again.
I have lots of stuff i have about 62gb of stuff on my pc so im going to try and delete some stuff and maybe move some stuff to dvd's i have 27gb in my documents alone which is crazy lots.

A
#10 - AMB
Well that's more than likely to be your problem, although i'm not a PC expert at all.
I don't think cleaning your harddrive up totally will help. Although it might help to clean up some space (if needed) to run the defrag program to "clean up" the harddrive. The rest of your computer seems like it should handle LFS decently though, the only other guess I might add is faulty ram.
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
If you know how to access event viewer, (most newer drivers for graphics cards have a link in the tray icon) Look in system, and look for errors.

If you get an error that says something like "the device driver for device/display device 0 got stuck in an infinite loop" Then you have a serious conflict somewhere in your hardware or drivers. I get this EVERY time I play LFS on my new computer, it just crashes and restarts itself.

I have spent hours trying to fix it, but in most cases I have read about it requires swaping hardware out or handycaping your computer some how to make it go away.
#13 - xt
What i would do in same situation
Run scan disk first.
I would say its your cheap GeForce from not cheap PC. Try runing 3DMark 2006. (find best download site here. Size 580MB). Also try to test your RAM with Memtest86+, you can download zipped iso file here. Size 50KB) Unzip, burn just unzippd *.iso file to CD and reboot PC with it. Screen of program in action here.
If your PSU (power supply unit) is not more than 300W, then change it to at at least to 350W.
It sounds like an infinite loop error by the way you describe it, where it plays one sound in a loop and then just reboots.

People have blamed everything from bad PSUs to ram not being seated properly, but there are so many factors that if you have that issue, you might as well leave it alone and not play LFS on that computer. Because if you start messing with things to get rid of the infinite loop, you are likely to make it effect other games as well that where not effected before.

I researched that error for months, tried every fix, includeing handycaping my computer to PCI graphics (not PCI-E, just PCI) and nothing people said would work helped.

It only effected a fue games before I tried to fix it, then it started effecting more. I reformated my computer and it still effects a very large portion of my game library. I can't play LFS, HL2, absolutely no simbin products work ( no real loss there), but anything on the orange box engine works exept for TF2 for some reason.
Try upgrading your graphics card. I recommend an 8600gt if u are a bit strapped for cash. It plays movies back better thank an 8800
maybe just put everything in graphics on lowest, my pc crashed also. I got a blue screen and it turned off, then i put all my settings on low and it never happened again
#17 - Jakg
Quote from Luke.S :Try upgrading your graphics card. I recommend an 8600gt if u are a bit strapped for cash. It plays movies back better thank an 8800

STFU if you don't have a clue.

Please, tell me how an 8600GT (which isn't that good, btw), is better for playing back movies than an 8800?
Please dont argue lads

So far ive turned my graphics down
deleted 11gb of uneeded stuff
ive put my little desk top fan to blow cool air past the back of my pc to help cool it and it still does it im currently uploading a video of the problem to the tube so ill post a link ive also just updated the nvidia driver to see if that helps i havent tried it yet ill get back to you.

A
wwwhhhoooo!!! i might have solved the problem bt now i have another one lol

When im playing the game im driving along and the screen will freeze but i can still control my cvar and hear it so if i go shift +p it will pit and i can drive it i just cant see it a sit is frozen on one frame.

A
nice triple post

did you put all settings on low??
Hi ginho

I did lower the setting syes and i went into my graphics card setup and it was set for quality so i changed to to ajust for performance. ok this is going to sound mad but i was trying it on single player and it does it on south city im not to fussed about that at least s2 worked it didnt do it on any otehr track the rest of them where fine blackwood fern bay aston all of them fine bar south city so i went on a server and it was set to qually with about 4 or 5 other people and it was fine now ive just gone into a race and was going into the second corner and the screen frooze i dont know what mayhem i must of coursed. as there where cars all around me. Ill give it another go.

A
South City will punish your system the most. Turn the FPS on and see what you're getting alone and then with people.

Just do the normal things, cleaning your system, running spyware stuff and try updating the graphics card drivers. Don't have things running in the background when you're playing, like MSN or any torrent programs, that kind of stuff.

Does it crash when you play other games?
no only lfs

A
when im on multi player with say 7 people its about 68 72ish

A

Pc dies while on s2
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG