The online racing simulator
Quote from Fischfix :at the moment you are losing control of your car (spinning, going of track, whatever) you lose all rights of way on the track and at that point you are free to be passed even under caution. its up to the race marshalls to let you retake your position or not but most of the time you end up at that spot where you picked up enough speed to not being passed by the car behind you.

Yes and I didnt spin nor did the guy i passed it was a slow down.
Why are we still arguing about this...

You slowed down unreasonably, and got passed... No penalties should be given...
Quote from Falcon140 :Why are we still arguing about this...

You slowed down unreasonably, and got passed... No penalties should be given...

Unreasonably...Are you out of you mind? A rule is there to follow not for only select few to listin to.

(Who does he think he is)

Quote from evilpimp :It's not Greg's fault for following what the rules clearly state.

Rules say that you may not pass before the S/F line under any circumstances. Not you may not pass before the S/F line unless people are going really slowly.

As he said I am not in the wrong, all i did was listin to a SET RULE
The thing is Greg, we (at least me) aren't saying you are in the wrong, I am saying that your situation is a prime example of why this rule is wrong. Fischfix's rule of making it a "free track" once the green comes out is not the best thing, but probably the best for LFS.
Quote from PMD9409 :The thing is Greg, we (at least me) aren't saying you are in the wrong, I am saying that your situation is a prime example of why this rule is wrong. Fischfix's rule of making it a "free track" once the green comes out is not the best thing, but probably the best for LFS.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to resort to this but unfortunately I'm forced because of this low standard of driving.

Guys, give me a day and let me sort everything out. Racing was great except for the lapped car incident and the caution incidents. What happened there I have absolutely no idea...

I haven't watched the replay yet but I'll do so tomorrow

Quote from Fischfix :

when is the next race? i might help you with administration.

Fischfix, thank you for your advice and help, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to effectively contact you. I never see you on MSN.
Quote from Stefani24 :The ppl are just too stupid too brake, and crash then in the sc lines. PPL LEARN TO DRIVE UNDER SC. Otherwise it was great racing. finally got the xrt under control

Like you should talk.... you were the cause of at least 5-6 incidents on track that i can think of off the top of my head without even looking at the replay. 3 of them with me alone... With the poor driving that you exhibited today, you should be booted from this league. You clearly do not have control over your vehicle and are a danger to others on track.

Anyways... the race was great up front until the mandatory pit window... that set me back to about 16th for a while.... where 100% of these incidents happened.

I honestly think that you guys should implement a cutoff time for qualifying. This would ensure that the drivers who are going to be IN the race are safe and able to control their vehicle. At least for the road course races...
I've been thinking, and rule no passing before line is there only if leader dictates tempo. Why? Because not to make unfair positions.

In situations like this, where Green flag is dropped down, when cars are driving on certain speed, no passing before line has no sense!

Here is one example from last years IGTC, when guys had slow react on green flag and therefor they've been passed before line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ7M3RDt_ls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-9kuIC8gG4
Quote from AjRose :#12 N.Demec passed multiple cars before the S/F and Had an Incident with me on lap 20.

I left some space and then i speeded away and then there was green and i started passing guys...that was my tactics!About incident....that was my fault but i am sorry if i caused any harm to you ....but anyways u fliped it so it doesnt matter! =) have fun
Quote from teedot :I honestly think that you guys should implement a cutoff time for qualifying. This would ensure that the drivers who are going to be IN the race are safe and able to control their vehicle. At least for the road course races...

Bad idea for us people that aren't really fast but are clean, and safe. I am not a really fast driver but I know how to save my tires and put in consistent times, so I can finish near the front if I don't get taken out by idiots!
i am on msn, icq and skype most of the day actually... msn keeps loging out from time to time so maybe thats the reason...
I have 2 ideas that will be posted in another thread. Feel free to read.

They're up.
Maybe i dont have the full contorl of the car, but pileups under caution is a no-go
Quote from N I K I :
P.S. i just youtubed and there are lots of crashes in NASCAR on restarts and stuff like that, that's what makes it interesting lol

TBH Niki, NASCAR does allows passing before the start/finish line in certain conditions (has to be on the outside and only if there's slow traffic in front of you or a crash). But sometimes there's no room at all being NASCAR's 43 field and some ovals are just too small to pack all of those cars in start/finish line
From what I saw, I think that one of the big causes of the SC pile-ups was everyone accelerating out of the corner onto the back straight. I even noticed in the practice races that you had to go up to 80mph to catch up with the safety car. By the time that the people right at the back had caught up, it was halfway down the back straight and IMO, that's what caused the pile ups - people coming in too fast into the train. Also, people at the back tend to be the ones that are more likely to cause a pile up anyway

The accelerating effect also happened after the last corner too
This is why we did about an hour's worth of SC training before the event! It seems that it didn't teach most people much...
I Lurned hukd on phonx, and teh saftey car prctice did me good!

Seriously though, i watched as it helped a few people.
I made an application that is hopefully less error-prone and easier then what the race admins use now for race control messages:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=832606

If the admins need any tweaking to this program, just pm me.
When are points going to be done?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG