The online racing simulator
Penalties for overtaking before the line WILL be given post race, as it states clearly in the rules.
P.S. Pit stops were really fun. I was staying out waiting SC to show up again, but it didn't. I was kinda same speed as PMD so it was nice moment when i came back on track
TBH, There is way too many SC periods. Normally there should be just few, or a few, not this many. I had endu setup, with low camber... and never used potential of it, most laps driven were like 10 somewhere right on start of race, when i was faster then PMD cos of tires!
Also i had 8% fuel left at end because of SC periods :\
Ok, watched the replay and kenneth was not hit by Shank or Niki on the restarts but only passed by them. The contact was between Kenneth and Mischief and that is what caused ken's spin.
Not saying anything.
peoples ability to drive behind the safety car is just plain awful, how do you veer of onto the grass doing 50mph on the straight? and why so tightly packed? this made no sence, so dont blame the admins, blame the majority of people who couldnt drive...
Quote from lizardfolk :
Passing Before the Start/Finish Line
During a restart, if you pass before the start/finish line, one lap will be added to your time for a first offense. A second offense will result in a black flag

Yes rules says this, but we had special situation, and we passed them not because we wanted to gain positions, because we wanted to remain safe racing, and not cause TOTAL WRECKAGE!

Quote from lizardfolk :
Disconnected
Unfortunately, disconnected will be scored as a DNF. We'll use the same policy as the one used by the STCC.

And up to that BigTimes comments about that he was in same lap. Rules were excluded in here, and he was approved to continue driving and score points... Why not to do that with our little special restart situation?
Quote from anbiddulph :peoples ability to drive behind the safety car is just plain awful, how do you veer of onto the grass doing 50mph on the straight? and why so tightly packed? this made no sence, so dont blame the admins, blame the majority of people who couldnt drive...

I sow no problems with this... only that restart thingy.
Maybe at back, but not in front of me, or as far as i can see in my mirrors :P
Quote from N I K I :Yes rules says this, but we had special situation, and we passed them not because we wanted to gain positions, because we wanted to remain safe racing, and not cause TOTAL WRECKAGE!

And up to that BigTimes comments about that he was in same lap. Rules were excluded in here, and he was approved to continue driving and score points... Why not to do that with our little special restart situation?

I think the rule is going to be changed, where it will be investigated after the race. It is impossible to make a correct judgement during the race, unfortunately.
I think rules should be like F1 restarts. No green flags, leader decides when to put the pedal to the metal, then situations like this (lag Green flag massage) would not appear.
another point, this could be made into hundreds of blame games
yes maby hmm 10-15 blame games?
Quote from N I K I :Yes rules says this, but we had special situation, and we passed them not because we wanted to gain positions, because we wanted to remain safe racing, and not cause TOTAL WRECKAGE!

No i think any passing is agianst rules. NO MATTER WHAT!
the cars get too close while SC, & the lead car speed not linear, it let the car of the last be a sandwich
Quote from scania :the cars get too close while SC, & the lead car speed not linear, it let the car of the last be a sandwich

yes cars are too close, take a look at real life, like 5 car lengths between cars is nothing unusual when tires warming up. But when it's up to restart they bunch up together...
Quote from N I K I :I think rules should be like F1 restarts. No green flags, leader decides when to put the pedal to the metal, then situations like this (lag Green flag massage) would not appear.

+82 to you, that's how it is in NASCAR (to an extent) and kart racing.

(Niko, MSN me (Crackabob@Hotmail) and I'll send you the replay.)
I think that the start procedure Niki is saying we should do is good. However still no passing before the line O_O
Quote from evilpimp :I think that the start procedure Niki is saying we should do is good. However still no passing before the line O_O

yup no passing before S/F line, crazy example, leader can drive like 10kmh all the way down to line, but no one can pass him

P.S. i just youtubed and there are lots of crashes in NASCAR on restarts and stuff like that, that's what makes it interesting lol
Quote from Mp3 Astra :The pits were opened when the whole train of cars caught the safety car. This therefore meant that it took a long time to open the pits, because there were some cars a long way behind. Anyway, cars involved in a wreck are allowed to pit - they have their penalties cleared.

The pits were not open the last 2 SC's, and there is easy proof to this (which also caused the Niki and Shank thing at the green flag). Since you guys never opened the pits, when the green flag was thrown, a second before was "Pit Lane Open" which is the same color as "Green Flag" which threw ALOT of people off (causing the people jumping the start). Now in all honesty you should not give Shank and Niki a penalty for this, because it seems more of a admin problem then anything.
Quote from N I K I :And up to that BigTimes comments about that he was in same lap. Rules were excluded in here, and he was approved to continue driving and score points... Why not to do that with our little special restart situation?

Thats the only reason I continued to race... I really figured after the first time out that I would be kicked but since I didnt I continued to race. I was lucky enough to time out during cation laps so I figured I was on the lead lap. Really wish if that was the case I would have been kicked because I simply didn't know I would get a DNF.

Sorry for getting in the way there Niki but I was under the influence, after not being kicked, that my race would still be counted...
Quote from N I K I :yup no passing before S/F line, crazy example, leader can drive like 10kmh all the way down to line, but no one can pass him

P.S. i just youtubed and there are lots of crashes in NASCAR on restarts and stuff like that, that's what makes it interesting lol

Hehe im pretty sure that the leader is better off to just slam the throttle right away as it would be unexpected and he'd open up a gap :P

It's maybe true that in NASCAR there are crashes aswell but I doupt it's nearly as much as in SRcup and not for the same reasons probably.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6PdpwAq_s

Truex fails epicly, on start, and because the other drivers had no where to go...a serious wreck occurred because of the momentum already gained by the cars behind. (Feel free to note the cars all passing before the s/f line)
Our situation allowed us an escape route, much like a few cars in that video.

If we had chosen to get bottlenecked up, that would have happened *Points to video*

I know for a fact I passed before the line, it's just that it was justifyable.
Great example!
Yes, Allthough if you jumped no matter the situation you should pay for jumping. Thats how the rule reads.
Sorry
WOW WFT was that?
I had an alright race except for all the freakin crap driving while under caution.
Was passed more than once and crashed more than once under caution. Then to add insult to injury I calmly informed the Admins in the proper way, under caution, and was told not to chat!! It was the only thing I said the whole race and it was perfectly legitimate.

Quote :The field is frozen the moment the caution quick chat is displayed on the screen. If you are racing side by side with another driver and unable to determine who was ahead of who just give the inside guy the position and inquire a check to the admins calmly. DO NOT FORCE ANY POSITION

I think the whole race needs a good look at, and some of the drivers need to be asked not to return for the next race. To be perfectly honest they need more experience racing in a crowd.

Congrats to the winners and anyone who actually made it through all the mayhem.
I think the whole confusion was because of the Pit's now open in green. When it went on Shank pressed on it (I don't blame him I would have done the same) then it went off and the green went. Technicly, it wasn't Niki or Shank's fault that they passed before thinking that the green was on but they started they're passing maneuvre before the green and passed before the line.

This still didn't really cause ken's crash directly but might have been avoided if that didnt happen.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG