The online racing simulator
XFT, turbo version of XFG
(70 posts, started )
This would be a fun car I think, alittle more grunt, but still not like the XFR. Similar to the difference between XRG and XRT, but for front wheel drive. (and some more diversion in the TBA segment)
Kinda like, oh, I don't know... the FXO?
err, look at car sizes, FXO is much larger than XFG, so totally different cars.
Ricerz' tool, but yeah, it could be another car to TBO group. 240HP fwd hatchback with turbo, with road tyres.
That's more power than the FXO makes. The FXO is also already the lightest TBO car at near-as-makes-no-difference 200 lbs (90 kg) lighter than the XRT.
Redundant.
Taking in the account that XFG is about 860kg, it will need only about 170-180 hp, but even this amount of power is a lot for such a short wheel-base car
What about something totally different ... XF TDI?
Open top version of the XFG? :P
I thought you said totally different, not just more torque, fewer revs, mostly cancelled out by gearing.

Or have you fallen into the trap of actually thinking diesel is better?
Oh no diesels! It'd has such a big amount of grey exhaust smoke.

Oh wait, there isn't any smoke from the exhaust in LFS.
Quote from tristancliffe :...
Or have you fallen into the trap of actually thinking diesel is better?

Oh oh... This could become an interesting discussion. Would you care to explain this blunt affirmation, please? I do not disagree but would like more facts behind
For a given engine capacity, a petrol engine will produce more power than a diesel engine, and would almost certainly beat a similar car with a diesel (ignoring the additional weight afflictions of a diesel). They are also worse for the environment (unless you really think CO2 is the worst thing engines give out), and worse for your health (more carcinogenic).

The advatage of diesels, in the main part, is the dethrottling of the inlet system, which reduces the losses during the inlet stroke, and gives large gains in fuel economy.

I'm not sure of the regulations in WTCC (I could only find the sporting regs on the FIA website), but in LeMans, as I'm sure you know, the diesels are handing an instant advantage through more capacity - hardly proving diesel is better than petrol...
We can do this before we have XFT
Attached images
lfs_00000134.JPG
Quote from duke_toaster :Here you go Tristan

Super 2000 touring cars.
Diesel 2000 touring cars.

I can see a 35mm air restrictor in the diesel regs, and obviously the allowing of turbocharging. Petrol cars don't need a restrictor, but aren't allowed turbos? Is that how they make diesels look better?

I know that somewhere, somehow the playing field isn't level between the two fuels, because then EVERYONE would use a petrol...
Scawen said millions of times that including diesel engines in LFS is not on the schedule, but maybe when the game is nearly finish he introduce them
Quote from duke_toaster :Here you go Tristan

Super 2000 touring cars.
Diesel 2000 touring cars.

If the rules were simply 2 litre engines powered by a commercially available fuel, with free induction design I'm almost certain you'd find a field of very highly stressed forced induction petrol cars, no one would touch diesel, hybrids or any other alternative fuels unless the rule book was specifically designed to ensure that the politically correct fuel would win. The ACO could make a 3 wheeled steam engine win LeMans if they wanted to, it would prove bugger all other than a lot of people are stupid enough to believe marketing gimmicks.
Yes, I think an XFT would be great, and it is an item I have pindered about lots. Surely it's not that hard, as we have to things to base it on (XFG, XFR)

It would be a bit like a Astra VXR, Golf R32, Golf GTI, etc... A hot hatch to cut the story short.

The way I see it, we have a piddly run around, and a beast of a race car. Why not something for a "trackday" in LFS.

And maybe a UFT? Same as a Mini cooper S-works, or something?

Anyway, an XFT is a great idea, something to rival the FXO, RB4, XRT. I would love it.

And for that bloke who wants a 4x4 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=42294) , maybe we have an option to switch on 4 wheel drive, like this suggestion: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=42839 - See post #11

This has to be the longest post I have ever made.

This is Bob Bobbertson for Channel 4 news, signing out. Back to you in the studio, folks!
I would love a car like that. The option to switch it to 4x4 would be awesome too, a little closer to a wrc car than anything else we have.
Great idea! The XFT could be a XFR with two bucket seats, no roll cage, Road/rally tyres with a FXO engine!

+ a gazillion!
i reckon the developers should have a look at this thread. The XFT would be nice and diesel cars whoa might aswell have monster trucks for the people who play demolition derby in LFS

Regards

Paul
XFT + RWD
Well I don't want anymore versions of xfg or any demo cars..
I would like to get a whole new car in lfs.. not formula now, some another hatchback maybe what matches xfg..
XFW (XF WRC) ? (Rollcage , 4wd, bigger engine)
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri

(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG