The online racing simulator
Head-Tracking
(10 posts, started )
Head-Tracking
hi,
I don't know if you've heard about Johnny Lee's Wii-Remote Projects. When I saw it, I asked myself if his Head-tracking could be made usable in LfS - so I just wanted to ask here

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/
Head tracking already works in LFS by default (Track IR, FreeTrack etc.) so what are you talking about?
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Head tracking already works in LFS by default (Track IR, FreeTrack etc.) so what are you talking about?

did u take a look at the link? I guess not.
I did actually, the question is, why this way of tracking doesn't work with LFS (does it?), while Keicha, TrackIR, FreeTrack work, it seems to me that this isn't an LFS's problem
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I did actually, the question is, why this way of tracking doesn't work with LFS (does it?), while Keicha, TrackIR, FreeTrack work, it seems to me that this isn't an LFS's problem

Interresting way of thinking. So if i create a software interface for one input device (trackir for example), all other devices that do roughly the same thing wil also work?
Obviously lfs doesn't magically understand the output from the wii controller, there needs to be some glue code between the wii controller output and something that lfs works with.
#6 - ReVoX
In the forum you can found a lot of threads about that .
I tried with Freetrack + webcam + white leds lights , my result = failed , but a lot of people said it's work perfectly.

I didnt try with a Wii.
i'd love to have a more 3d-ish impression when racing. did you see the thing he does with that ego-shooter game? i cannot find the link now but there is one... was absolutely brilliant...
Quote from LFSn00b :It is recommended to be in dark

well they say they've removed any infringing parts now, so feel free to bring it out of the dark.
#9 - Juls
freetrack is supposed to support tracking using a wiimote very soon. They are beta-testing this feature.

With a wiimote located below your display, and two tiny IR reflectors or leds on a cap, you should be able to have a head tracking with 100 or more updates per second (currently used webcams do 30 updates per second) without using the CPU as tracking is performed by wii hardware (currently tracking is performed with heavy CPU calculations).
#10 - Juls

Head-Tracking
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG