The online racing simulator
Tank Simulations
(30 posts, started )
Tank Simulations
Hi, does anyone knows if there is a good Tank combat sim out there. I know about Steel Beats (Pro) wich isn't bad but i'd like to know if there are any other good ones

Grtz;
Kevin
get a good fps, Battlefeild, Warrock, anything like that and go on tank maps, great tank combat in warrock especially.
#3 - Lible
Steel Beasts Pro is the absolute best.

This year T-32 vs Tiger or something like that should come out, it features the best graphics, but it's unknown how sim it is.
I said Tank combat SIM not a dull controlable tank with shooting option. No, tank only game were u have to take all the controls.

@Lible: Ye, i know but 125$(82€ but i'm gonna buy that soon lol) , but Steel Beasts 2 will come out this year...
Thank you Mazz4200
pocket tanks?
Battlefield 1942. The only war, tank related game I've ever played with.
How about the new TANK MOD for rFactor? Apparently it was a bit of a rush job and the devs didn't spend enough time on the physics for the caterpillar tracks and as a result the beyond limit handling is not exactly satisfactory. However, it has been tested by real life tank drivers, and they say it handles JUST like the real thing, so they're not making any changes.

Red Orchestra? An FPS game I know but the tanks on that are pretty awesome.
Panzer Commander, it's quite old, I think one of the first tank sims out there. I used to have a demo, was quite good really (I think).
I dunno, try it
Not quite a simulation, but you can try the tanks in Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Panzer Commander, it's quite old, I think one of the first tank sims out there. I used to have a demo, was quite good really (I think).
I dunno, try it

I remember that it had dated graphics 10 years ago, but yeah it was a good game, the only tank sim I've played and probably fits the bill. That Steel Fury video looks cool though
Steel Fury does not work in WINE/Linux. Menus are fine, but no graphics.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Steel Fury does not work in WINE/Linux. Menus are fine, but no graphics.

Well the system requirements are Win Xp and DirectX 9, so i guess it won't work with Linux without a lot of tweaking.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of the demo. Some of the comments on the youtube clips make it sound pretty good.
i dl'ed the demo and still playing it again because its pretty hard and very cool, but you have to get use to the controls lol
BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY the demo is awesome
Steel Beasts Pro PE is pretty much the only "new" one. There's also T72 Balkans on Fire/Iron Warriors but it would have needed some more polishing to be good.
Kegetys said it all for the current sims

You should check www.subsim.com's tanksim.com forum.
Well i'm "getting" T-72 IW/BoF atm, subsims also intrest me
Is there one with a multiplayer demo? Mebbe we can get an LFS war going - those who think LFS should support modded against those who want it pure !
Quote from Becky Rose :Is there one with a multiplayer demo? Mebbe we can get an LFS war going - those who think LFS should support modded against those who want it pure !

Great idea, but I'm afraid the purists will be outnumbered.. So we get the better tanks
Quote from Becky Rose :Is there one with a multiplayer demo? Mebbe we can get an LFS war going - those who think LFS should support modded against those who want it pure !

I'd be up for a "LFS does Armed Assault Warfare"

I love the game, and the recent patch is great. But i've never played it online yet, on account of the fact i seriously suck at the game. But i don't mind playing folk who know how crap i am at computer games
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Red Orchestra owns at tank battles

Tank Simulations
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG