The online racing simulator
Walls, Barriers & cars...
(59 posts, started )
what is banger server?

and yeah, I doN,t know why the barrier do that, but I think its unrealistic to be able to turn a car into a UFO by hitting a barrier at 45km/h
Quote from Mazink :what is banger server?

and yeah, I doN,t know why the barrier do that, but I think its unrealistic to be able to turn a car into a UFO by hitting a barrier at 45km/h

Ever played game flatout? Banger is something like that.
Quote from Mazink :what is banger server?

It's pretty much like a normal race...apart from your trying to smash each others cars up whilst trying to complete the set amount of laps to be crowned winner.
i honestly dont know whats taking devs so long to alter the walls etc for autocross layouts, as theyv never worked right i dont think, so why it hasnt been fixed yet i dont know?
Quote from evilgeek :driving into a barrier should ruin your race. get over it.

Who said anything about getting annoyed about driving into a barrier?
Less bouncy barriers would be better IMO
But the thing is if theres a stupid driver going round each corner hitting someone, nothing will happen if theres like brick walls everywhere..

Dam why couldnt there be a thing where its just bouncy for the noobs who cant drive..
I will kinda miss these bouncy walls when they're gone. We will no longer be able to spin cars round at the speed of light or soar up to the stars in our little UF1s.

Kinda sad really

They wont go, just no one will use them anymore..

Cruise i think will be better with bouncy walls, just lfs bangers who need walls the most..
Quote from Jordan2007 :Remember they do have Lives And Loads of Other suggestions.

BTW Lfs isnt for bangers its for racing!

do you realise it is racing thats why its called banger RACING
Same thing like drag racing is racing.
LFS is not racing sim, it's RACING sim!
Quote from james12s :do you realise it is racing thats why its called banger RACING

U see Race Tracks

U See Drag Tracks

Wheres teh Banger track :o

Why does it bother u about banger racing iv never seen u at lfs bangers..
I would love to see these fixed aswell, nothing more annoying than telling friends about LFS and how realistic it is only for them to see you slightly clip a barrier and end up going into orbit >.>

Affects autocross drifting aswell as the others, and for those who keep saying LFS is for racing only...if that was the case why is there options to do all the rest then....seriously get over it, i like to play all aspects of the game.
why do you crash into a barrier in the first place?
Because mostly people cant drive..
No. It is because in real life there is no barriers in the middle of the street... (Referring to cruising servers)
Yeh, But it wouldnt make it That realistic Putting Brick walls there..But a bit more than bouncy walls
Quote from Jordan2007 :Yeh, But it wouldnt make it That realistic Putting Brick walls there..But a bit more than bouncy walls

...What I meant was that you say they lack driving skills if they collide to an obstacle what is in middle of the street...
Its not a question of driving skills...ppl make mistakes, dosnt matter who you are no1 is perfect.
The fact is the collision of the barriers are NOT meant to send you 200ft into the air when hitting them at stupidly slow speeds let alone high speed.
banger mods FTW! These lads posting in here got me into banger racing
Fences over fernbay
They are killing me!! PLEASE OH PLEASE do something!!
i play this game now since 2005 and all i can say is, this bug has been mentioned and discussed since then.

in the last 3 years there were many bugs-fixes and updates to the game but this MAJOR bug has not been fixed. i only see two real reason why:
1)´its not possible to fix this bug due to the way of lfs is calculating collision at the moment. this will mean, the collision model has to be rewritten and i do not see this is going to happen until S3 is going to happen (which will not happen in the next 5 years) as we are still in S2 alpha!

2) the devs did miss this bug-report for the past 3 years OR did not think this is important to the community the past 3 years

if someone has an other idea why this bug still exists please post, i do not really have another reason for it
Quote from Fischfix :i play this game now since 2005 and all i can say is, this bug has been mentioned and discussed since then.

in the last 3 years there were many bugs-fixes and updates to the game but this MAJOR bug has not been fixed. i only see two real reason why:
1)´its not possible to fix this bug due to the way of lfs is calculating collision at the moment. this will mean, the collision model has to be rewritten and i do not see this is going to happen until S3 is going to happen (which will not happen in the next 5 years) as we are still in S2 alpha!

2) the devs did miss this bug-report for the past 3 years OR did not think this is important to the community the past 3 years

if someone has an other idea why this bug still exists please post, i do not really have another reason for it

Scawen said it's on his to do list, it will get fixed. I think probably before S2 final.
i hope you are right. when and where did he say that?

Walls, Barriers & cars...
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG