The online racing simulator
Walls, Barriers & cars...
(59 posts, started )
Hi, quite a number of people latley have been racing bangers on LFS S2. There are 4 bangers server ATM and we looking for hard walls & improved barriers so they dont bounce you 200ft in the air and spoil your race. We get alot of complaining and moaning as i run/own one of the banger servers. about 150-200 race bangers on LFS as i have seen a large number of new drivers wanting to race. Alls we need is hard walls and its would be amazing.. (hard walls that dont bouce when you hit them sideways, or anyother way). Another one of us banger lads would love to see if improved damage to cars and less bounciness. The cars at the moment damage is rubbish . Maybe a bit more realistic? the cars bouce too much aswell and you can be roofed in a matter of seconds. Maybe 1.. just 1 car that would suit us banger lads your be awesome! If anyone would like these improvments, add to the post to get LFS Makers to add the improvments in the up-coming future!

Goodluck, Daz#815 ( LFS Banger Racing )
Already suggested.

We will just have to wait for devs to fix this bug. Meanwhile, avoid buggy obstacles. Instead, try to use tyres and rails.
^^^^ If we used tyres or rails, when you got followed in, you just go through it...., and its hard to miss the bouncy fences because people crash into you and send you flying to the barriers so hard wall would have been good
Quote from Brian 200 :^^^^ If we used tyres or rails, when you got followed in, you just go through it...., and its hard to miss the bouncy fences because people crash into you and send you flying to the barriers so hard wall would have been good

Put restricted area -markers behind barriers to prevent cheating.
the max we need in hard walls.. but anything else is a bonus! LFS need to add and estate car.. more fun
I only recently purchased this great game and mainly because of the banger servers that I'd heard about.

I agee with Daz 100% as the bouncy barriers make trying to race extremely frustrating. Our object is to race but damage each others cars in the process. At the moment we just fly around the track. I do think that the car damage is pretty good but this could be improved.

I understand it's a racing game but to make a few minor items for us banger racers would benefit you - I'm sure as more would sign up.
Quote from russellsaunders :
I understand it's a racing game but to make a few minor items for us banger racers would benefit you - I'm sure as more would sign up.

It would also improve cruising.
#8 - Jakg
Its a bug in the collision detection model - whether it helps racers, cruisers, drifters or kerb crawlers it needs to be fixed.
mind about mention cruising if you mention somthing to help cruising some people will see no reason and hate it no matter what

but it would not just be for banger and the other use but racing when making barriered layouts for tracks

edit: same as jack
#10 - Jakg
It wouldn't need to be banger-racing - Bump 'n Jump often uses custom AutoX circuits (ie Parkway) which are great fun but often hard to race on because of the barriers.
Quote from james12s :mind about mention cruising if you mention somthing to help cruising some people will see no reason and hate it no matter what

I don't care what people are thinking about me. I cruise, and I let everybody know that I am doing it! Unfortunately, cruising has bad reputation, thanks to some immature jerks. One rotten apple can... etc
Quote from Gekkibi :I don't care what people are thinking about me. I cruise, and I let everybody know that I am doing it! Unfortunately, cruising has bad reputation, thanks to some immature jerks. One rotten apple can... etc

i admit i cruise as well i like doing it, its a laugh, and so what its not racing, i was just reminding you how some people get, and it winds me up to
Bangerwise, I have been a main player for about Three-and-a-half months now, and I think I have got to know a few things-

-Barriers are a big problem for us Banger people. It's causing us to have harsh lossy rules which can easily be done accidentaly. Harder barriers would really help

-A couple more slower road-going vehicles would be nice. Maybe even a van if it's possible, that would be a laugh!

-Bangers have become far more popular than EVER in the last few months. When I started racing it really was a select few. Now new regulars pop up all the time and hundreds of others love playing bangers once every now and then!

I seem to remember when in my earlier LFS days, there never seemed to be many people on any banger servers (thus i didn't become a regular) but now I do think the popularity has exploded!

I totally realise if the LFS masters (!) Don't have time to do this sort of thing to integrate into S3, but if the amount of banger users continues increasing at such a rate, it might be something to think about!

I do believe this would help other aspects of LFS as well like cruising (which I admit to doing a tiny tiny bit of) as I hit those barriers all the time then have to pay someone a vast sum of money for help, or if not just sit inconvieniently there not being able to do anything for 15 minutes.

Other things might benefit too like CTRA's Bump 'n Jump, or any custom layout of any kind.

OK, persuation Over, thanks a lot if an LFS official reads (and maybe even considers) putting these in S3. I hope this post will help push the idea a little bit.

More realistic damage would be nice too by the way
I Dunno I like keeping the bouncy ones, Then Stupid Drivers go flying off..
Yes, The barriers are the only major gripe that i have with LFS, even if you clip one you can fly such a long way, or land on your wheels and end up snaking down the track hitting everything until you do take off! The other things are, why dont the windows or lights smash when the car bends and why do you never lose a wheel or other bits, nothing falls off, it just squashes into the car. That and you can sometimes fall 'through' the track if you get sent over the fence. It would also be nice if you could have flat areas, like the car park area incorporated into a track, maybe somewhere in the middle that can be used to make a layout on. ( i think a big shale/mud/grass oval would be excellent fun. The last thing i have to mention is if you make your own layout, (i have made one using a part of the rallycross track) you cant have anyone else race on it offline as they try to follow the original track paths and if you pit and then leave the pits you end up back at your on track start point again. And finally, what is this cruising thing on LFS as i have no idea!!
been brought up hundreds of times before and is the one thing we all agree needs to get fixed, just got to wait for the devs to get their arses into gear and make it better

on the subject of better damages etc, axles need to be fixed so they don't shorten so they're a few cm apart.......make the front more solid, I could go on....
Remember they do have Lives And Loads of Other suggestions.

BTW Lfs isnt for bangers its for racing!
And children (Grats again, Scawen!).

I don't mind to wait upgrades/fixes. That would mean that when they are published, those are:
a) Made right, not with hassle and with lots of bugs
b) It feels much better when I can get something after waiting. It would be just like christmas.
Quote from mookie427 :been brought up hundreds of times before and is the one thing we all agree needs to get fixed, just got to wait for the devs to get their arses into gear and make it better

on the subject of better damages etc, axles need to be fixed so they don't shorten so they're a few cm apart.......make the front more solid, I could go on....

ah yh please go to http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41268 and realise they have lives and i think are doing a blimin sterling job with the constant patches and work and dedication
Quote from Jordan2007 :

BTW Lfs isnt for bangers its for racing!

if we had it our way it'd be the other way around rofl
driving into a barrier should ruin your race. get over it.
What if someone pushed you in by accident?
or on purpose?
I can't wait for it to be fixed, it would make LFS bangers so much more enjoyable

(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG