The online racing simulator
New Forum Upgrade = FAIL.
(103 posts, started )
Quote from SilverArrows77 :What a whining bunch of flaming tossers - get off your arses and away from the forum for once, and find something worthwhile to moan about.

Says the fanboi.
Quote from Ian.H :pinchin the odd bird or 2's arse.

I bet you're a real hit with the classy ladies.

Nonetheless, I agree with you about the social networking craze. Can't stand that crap. However, i can't understand everyone else either why it's such a big issue that there's now a few little icons there, whether they are at the bottom of the page or not. I suppose it does become an "epic fail" worth protesting loudly about if anything slows you down as you march past 14,000 posts. After all, that's much easier than getting some perspective on the issue...
I wonder how many of you "forum update defenders" would have shown up had Victor not made the post he did...

My guess is none.
Quote from AndroidXP :I wonder how many of you "forum update defenders" would have shown up had Victor not made the post he did...

My guess is none.

Ahem.
Quote from STROBE :i can't understand everyone else either why it's such a big issue that there's now a few little icons there, whether they are at the bottom of the page or not.

It's far more logical and convenient to have the quick reply box right after the posts, instead of below some bookmark and tag sections. It takes _very_ little to make web pages annoying, considering that essentially using a forum is repeating the same few actions over and over again. Making those actions as intuitive as possible is crucial, in my view anyway
how the F do I add a tag and what the F is it?

This all seems much ado about nothing...
Jakg is angry at the new forum updates just because now you can see who added you to his friend list. He added me...
Quote from Bean0 :Ahem.

Please read your own posts again and then tell me how you belong to the group I'm talking about. Nobody is complaining about the moderation and security updates, btw.
Quote from STROBE :

I bet you're a real hit with the classy ladies.

Heh.. I'm not quite as bad as that.. I do actually respect women

Quote :Nonetheless, I agree with you about the social networking craze. Can't stand that crap. However, i can't understand everyone else either why it's such a big issue that there's now a few little icons there, whether they are at the bottom of the page or not. I suppose it does become an "epic fail" worth protesting loudly about if anything slows you down as you march past 14,000 posts. After all, that's much easier than getting some perspective on the issue...

They bug me as much as ads do, simply due to what they stand for (the fact they're 16x16 (or whatever) icons matters not). I despise the "social networking" bullshit idea.. it's lame and for retarded kids (and ones that are old enough to know better)... if it had all been around 10 years ago, everyone who signed up to one would have had an AOL e-mail address.

fsckbook, mywasteofspace domains etc are all NULL-routed for me so I don't accidentally click on a link and take me to one of the cess pits.

That said, I'm not shouting about them.. I just resolved the issue

As for the profile bits.. couldn't care less.. I don't look at profiles anyway.. I use forums to glean info / post opinions etc, not to stalk people

Regards,

Ian
Oh come on guys, I am not going to say who's wrong and who's not. But seriously, if it's not apeel to you - don't use it. I see your point Jakg, but is it really that much of a deal? I am not saying this to be a fanboy or anything, but there are more important things to do than getting upsett of a minor forum upgrade. Do as me - go out in the sun Tho I look like a pink pig now it atlest gets the focus away from things I do not like on the computer / internett
#87 - Jakg
Don't use what? The annoying buttons at the bottom of the screen? Trust me, I won't - and most people never will. But I can't get rid of the bloody things!

...that was until Ian came along with his shmexy script :P
I dont like the new profile views, it seems unnatural
I like the new upgrades, and i like the profile thing too.
and lets not forget that the guest search has a captcha again
I look at the new profile screens, and to tell you the truth I don't know where the hell anything is.
I'm sorry but this was kinda fun in some kinderkarten-way:

Quote :tristancliffe has not made any friends yet

(must be his handwriting :razz

---
EDIT: So far I have only one complain (so far ). I really dislike any effects on menus and now when you click the user name or something that has a menu, the menu appears with the scrolling effect. Me not like that effect, the previous insta-appear was better... although it's reaaaaaally small thing

EDIT2:
Quote :You can't be friends with yourself.

Quote from Jakg :Don't use what? The annoying buttons at the bottom of the screen? Trust me, I won't - and most people never will. But I can't get rid of the bloody things!

...that was until Ian came along with his shmexy script :P

Oh comeone little man
I see these little buttons myself, but are they REALLY that anoying? Unless you have your screen resolution on 3xx/xxx you won't notice them much. Maybe someone will use them, if not - ignore them.
I think you need some more time out in the sun and not on forum
(and yes, this is not meant as an attack on you or anything, just don't agree that it's THAT a big deal) .
Quote from Hyperactive :I'm sorry but this was kinda fun in some kinderkarten-way:

(must be his handwriting :razz

---
EDIT: So far I have only one complain (so far ). I really dislike any effects on menus and now when you click the user name or something that has a menu, the menu appears with the scrolling effect. Me not like that effect, the previous insta-appear was better... although it's reaaaaaally small thing

EDIT2:

AFAIK the scroll was in previous versions.
Yeah, the scroll was in since quite a while.
OK, constructive critiscisms, here I come.
First of, everything on the forum should have a purpose

1. Friends. What is the point of that? What benefit does this give. All I think I could use it for is user-bookmarks, but heck, if you have a friend you should know him without looking at a damn list .
2. New Profile design - absolutely everything could be fit onto a single page from there (unless you have too much friends)
3. Tags - I think that is a pretty useful feature, but, thing is, it would only be useful for those that are searching and people only think about themselves and don't put tags.
#98 - arco
The profile tabs make things more organized imo. Anyway, it can't be changed back to the old look, so what you see is what you get.
Quote from Lible :OK, constructive critiscisms, here I come.
First of, everything on the forum should have a purpose

1. Friends. What is the point of that? What benefit does this give. All I think I could use it for is user-bookmarks, but heck, if you have a friend you should know him without looking at a damn list .

It's for those of us who have... ... what the hells the name of that disease, I've forgotten ... ... ... Alzheimers... I think?... Where am I??? WHAT AM I DOING!?...
Um, is it just me or have all the join-to-LFS links gone

That was one feature I used quite alot

New Forum Upgrade = FAIL.
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG