The online racing simulator
New Forum Upgrade = FAIL.
(103 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
I absolutely DEPLORE the new forum upgrade - the profiles are now multi-paged, and the tags feature has been shown to be abused on a number of different forums, and the del.ico bits at the bottom suck.

This thread is worth a reado too.
Agree. Is it possible to turn all that crap that isn't a direct moderating enhancement off?
Meh, looks ok to me
#4 - Gil07
I've now idea what these bits at the bottom are for, except for taking up space, and the new profile looks a bit like myspace...

What are the other changes?
I don't mind the profile tabs, even though they are much less user-friendly than before. But the tags and the bookmarks thing is NASTY!

Hopefully Victor will see sense and remove them - perhaps they are just installed and enabled by default during the upgrade and he hasn't turned them off yet.
#6 - Bean0
Im not sure about the Social Bookmarks, I don't have them enabled on the vBulletin forum I admin. They could possibly have some use here though.

Thread tagging can help with searching, but is VERY open to abuse.
IIRC the tags shown in the cloud are not forum permission based, so any tags added to a thread in eg, the moderators area, can be seen by joe public but they will get a permission denied error when trying to view the thread.

You also can't tell who tagged what, and can end up with all sorts of crap in the tags cloud.

There is an auto thread tagger mod which pulls the tags from thread titles, given time this should help a lot with searching.
Control Panel looks nice, but Profiles are a bit weird. I can live with it to be honest.
Viewing attachments (images) update is perfect.
Are the picture attachments view thing new? Haven't noticed them looking like that before...
its ok for me
Thorvertonian, whats the problem in those? if you dont like to view it that ways just click it and you get the image the way it used to be
The new posts aren't that good either.
And check my post. That last edited stuff. You can check the original post, the one you edited before.
Jack, you're just upset because I won't accept your friend invitation.
It also seems like the favicon has reverted back to default again.
I don't know why, but i like the new profile page. Other than the tags and the bookmarks, it's all good.
Stats need to be resync'ed
Quote : Threads: 40,830, Posts: 808,145, Members: 0
Welcome to our newest member,

i hate all this social site bookmarking crap, im not a great fan of the profile system, it was perfectly good how it was before, if it aint broke dont fix it
Quote from james12s :i hate all this social site bookmarking crap, im not a great fan of the profile system, it was perfectly good how it was before, if it aint broke dont fix it

If it needs upgrading, it needs upgrading. Not all improvements are visible.

Last time it ran an old version for months on end, something happened
I will point out that a lot of the social networking gumpft has already been disabled As for the bookmarks and tags.. meh I think other things were being concentrated on at the time.
Quote from LFSn00b :No no no! Please get rid of the "Image viewer"; It's as annoying as the one in rFactorcentral!!! Never liked it, never will.

I didn't even notice, as I always middle-click on the images...
ok the book marking bits at the bottom i can live with and i understand it was needed for security but surley there must be a way of removing that awful profile thing, the way you have to ask for freindship and all this shite is like all these social networking sites and i hate it, im hating it more by the second......................ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG
Hmm, I was under the impression that the friend stuff was gonna be disabled Guess not..
Quote from the_angry_angel :Hmm, I was under the impression that the friend stuff was gonna be disabled Guess not..

Does not seem that way at all ... friend .
So this new profile thing that is the spawn of the devil, what're the differences to the previous one? I visited a few profiles and saw pretty much the same info that was there originally, only re-arranged...

Apart from those new lines with bookmarks and tags (which I wouldn't of had noticed as I rarely scroll down that much) and the inclusion of a lightbox-alike image viewer I really see nothing so horrible or nag-worthy.
I remember when 'social networking' was havin' a few jars with friends n pinchin the odd bird or 2's arse.

Used to be only geeks that had "virtual friends" and were often laughed at for it.

Oh how times change. The more the generations tick over, the more retarded everything becomes.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from the_angry_angel :Hmm, I was under the impression that the friend stuff was gonna be disabled Guess not..

A lot of it is.

YHPM btw.

(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG