The online racing simulator
Some people really don't have any decency..
(88 posts, started )
So today, I was walking down the street from my school. Then I see my car, sitting at its usual spot... But just a bit different then normal:

Because I didn't want to risk any more damage, so the insurance company could pull out, I had it towed:

A little truck, was parked next to me when I arrived at school. Fortunately a witness saw what happened, wrote down the license plate of the truck, which company it was driving for and his own details.
The driver of the truck obviously didn't stop and left nothing, except my car in a bad shape.

If the insurance will pay out enough, the car will get a full respray and a fiesta MK5 2000 front and maybe rear too.
Good thing the witness was good enough to leave details, but that truck driver who knows what he was thinking, he proberly knows he did it but hoped that no one else saw it so he could come off scot free.
Yea about to say you're extremely luck that there was a witness.

Hey, don't be so pessimistic, look at this from the other side, at least someone else cared for your car and took the time to get you the information and get the other person's license and company etc.
lucky you!
I know that's the biggest luck I could have. I wanted to change the thread title to "Some people..", because I really appreciate what the witness did for me.
I'm kind of inclined to say "Yeah that witness had the indecency of jotting down the plate and info ", but I won't. I'll just say.. "sucks "
My mom lost 2 Puntos in a single month thanks to idiots like that. The first one was about 2 years old when it happened (parked, no witnesses) and just ~14 days later the second one (which was a year old I think) was totaled(!) the same way, again while being parked and again without any witnesses. She owned a driving school and only kept the two Puntos, both smashed to pieces only months after closing the driving school... pretty depressing.
I remember walking towards the car, asking myself "wtf, she didn't park the car there" and then we saw the front completly smashed on the right side, practically gone as if someone stole the remains (which is probably what happened).

I never had any serious stuff going on but there was an incident with one of those "bump bump bump in" kind of guys. I was standing right next to my car (a tiny Polo), parked uphill, no space at all at the front and just a tiny bit at the back.
A very clean Avensis coming to a standstill next to the tiny space, the driver looked around... and started bumping my polo up the hill onto the sidewalk. I was told I had one of the best "WTF?!" faces ever
Didn't last long though, the Polo being a worthless piece of crap (bought it for 400€), punished the guy at once as the handbrake cable ripped, resulting in sandwitching the avensis between the Polo and a C class (or something like that, pretty sure it was a merc). That was one hell of a laugh but quite some work for the cops and the involved drivers.
That is the only problem with small cars, they have no presence on the road, so when people hit them they think "who cares" I'd be so pissed if that happened to my car.

On the plus because they got the licence of the truck that hit you, the driver will be getting more than a bill to pay.

As for the insurance, if the damage costs more than 10% of the insured value of the car, they will write it off.
Every time I've been to Europe I see stuff like this. Holiday in Spain I watched from the hotal as a bus went down a narrow street, randomly taking wing mirrors off anything in it's way, didn't even slow down. Then from a cafe in Italy I saw a car smack the front corner into a parked vehicle, dented it (like soccer ball sized) and then PARKED NEXT TO IT. Madness.

But yeah, at least in this case you have someone to step forward and help you out.
#9 - arco
Quote :If the insurance will pay out enough, the car will get a full respray and a fiesta MK5 2000 front and maybe rear too.

Get some new tyres too.
#10 - SamH
Quote from sgt.flippy :I wanted to change the thread title to "Some people..", because I really appreciate what the witness did for me.

Well, at this time this is the idea, still depends on the insurance company how much they'll pay back:
1. repair the car only on the front, not too expensive, second hand parts and sell it, get a new one
2. repair the car all around, rear door too (was already dented) a complete respray and keep it
Argh, man. We had such a Fiesta once, I liked it... You should hire a hitman, just like Gekkibi wanted to... Poor Ford.
Always seem to be the truck drivers.

Same happened to my dad a while back with his accord. He parked it in front of the cafe we stopped at, and we sat outside. A truck came along later, and tryed to turn around in the middle of the bloody road. He backed into my dad's accord, with the rear protection bar ripping straight through the drivers side wing, and then popping the battery getting acid over everything. Also pushed the bonnet up and bent it, and crushed the bumper. My dad tryed to stop him but he drove off. We got his reg, and went to the company where the guy worked. After talking to him, it turn's out he was'nt insured, and so him and the company he worked for could get into some trouble. So, as an agreement, my dad said he would'nt goto the police providing the driver payed for the damage and a complete respray. So, the driver payed up and the car got repaired. Then, my dad put an anonomous report against the driver, and he got done for driving without insurance.

All fair do's.
Some dumb-ass coach driver almost smashed the side of my mums picanto today. Luckily she even managed to save her mirror but she had to go onto a grass verge to avoid him. Oh if only it was legal to set the lfs forum attack hounds on these people.

Note to scawen: buy some lfs forum attack hounds.
#15 - Jakg
I've been in cars being dinged by people in car parks and people just don't give a ****. If someone ever does that to my car things will not turn out well for them!
Some of the worst are when you just got a new car and some p**** keys it or dents it. i swear someone has keyed my mums car.

btw who ever finds when they get a new car they always decide to retarmac the roads?
Quote from Luke.S :i swear someone has keyed my mums car.

If there's any doubt, you've not been keyed. Trust me, you'll know if it happens.
How can you not know if It's been keyed? It either has or it hasn't. Scratches made by yobbos with the key to their ricemobile look very different scratches made by LukeS cleaning his Kia with a Brillo pad
Quote from JO53PHS :How can you not know if It's been keyed? It either has or it hasn't. Scratches made by yobbos with the key to their ricemobile look very different scratches made by LukeS cleaning his Kia with a Brillo pad

My ex-gf's car had a few weird scratches on it. They weren't deep enough to be sure key scratches, but they were too oddly shaped to be regular scratches from a little stone or something...

So you don't really know what it is..
Well when I've seen keyed cars its just a massive deep scratch that you can see a mile off

Maybe the person who did it to yours was try artistic keying, and varying the pressure of his strokes
I had a car of mine terminated by a Stagecoach bus ( yes, their here too ) while it was parked. Despite the fact that the rear quarter of the bus was peeled off ( the car went down fighting ! ) the driver claimed he didn't know he hit me.
Luckly it was seen by an ex cop & he gave me the details.

Stagecoach generously offered me a quarter of the car's value and suggested that I see them in court if I wanted more.

I suggested that I'd simply take the driver to court and point out to the union ( also mentioning that I knew the delegates ) that Stagecoach refused to support their drivers when it came to insurance claims, leaving them open to legal action. I also mentioned national media coverage, the advantage of having a wide group of aquantances in a small country. Stagecoach were trying to settle a wage claim at the time and it was turning messy.

We (un)amicably settled at 1.5 X the cars value. Moral of the story - don't take crap from corporates and hit them where it hurts.

I loved the part when the NZ General Manager accused me of extortion and unfair practice - LOL - too bloody right, teach them to try to screw people.
Quote from the_angry_angel :If there's any doubt, you've not been keyed. Trust me, you'll know if it happens.

The reason i'm not sure is because it's a lightish scratch but it is pretty much straight along the right rear quater panel.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :
As for the insurance, if the damage costs more than 10% of the insured value of the car, they will write it off.

100% wrong.

I've had £400 work done on a £1k car through insurance before.

Stuff like this though sometimes makes me wonder if there's any point getting a nice car. I've just given up caring about my little car now, barely worth anything etc. But if I bought a new car and this kind of thing happened I would not be amused.
Quote from sgt.flippy :A little truck, was parked next to me when I arrived at school. Fortunately a witness saw what happened, wrote down the license plate of the truck, which company it was driving for and his own details.

Reminds me of the time I chased down an idiot here who decided to take a left at an intersection despite there being a sign that prohibited such and while using his handbrake in taking said turn lost control and rammed a car parked on the inside, totally messing up all of its right side and leaving part of his front scattered along the road. I guess he panicked and his true self came out, so he decided to back up and leave. Didn't get very far though.
It seems to be people in bigger vehicles that are the less considerate. For example, last week, i was with my brother in his car (impreza, so that that big) and we were going down a normal sized road. up ahead, i seen a 5-series pull onto the road and 2 of his wheels were over the white centre lines. He then drove past at a fast rate and hit the mirror on the subaru. Luckily done no damage to my brothers car, but he must have been drunk or something. We tooted at him and flashed our lights but he did'nt even move over, just kept on flooring it.

(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG