The online racing simulator
Texas indy 550k crash of marco andretti and Ryan Hunter-Reay
what do you you guys think of this accident last week?

did marco give enough room as he said? or was Hunter-Reay too eager on that pass?

in my opinion marco gave room, maybe he gave just the amount of room someone needs to do a pass if everything is going fine, but the race was at the edge and the tires were pretty much worn out. so he did not take that into account. maybe he did not want to give another guy room as he let dixon pass. but maybe Ryan was not 100% safe with his line too or he thought there is not enough room and went too far down to the white line. i'd love an helicopter cam view of that accident.

i'd say a classical racing accident with no one or both of them to blame
Definitely not Marco's fault.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Definitely not Marco's fault.

+1

I watched it around 5 times and Marco did squeeze him but there was enough space and Marco did not make any maneuvre to push him out he kept a steady line even though it was close.

Ryan simply made a mistake and jumped a little on the apron or whatever. Maybe seeing Marco so close scared him but it could have been avoided if Ryan kept his line aswell, imo.
maybe they realized the fact that they will be never able to do a right turn for the rest of their life,and while they were too deep in the mind teh accident happend,as shit happens very fast.
Quote from evilpimp :
Ryan simply made a mistake and jumped a little on the apron or whatever. Maybe seeing Marco so close scared him but it could have been avoided if Ryan kept his line aswell, imo.

i agree with you. i've watched it now again several times and probably yes thats the reason. marco did not move more to the inside, he just kept his line and ryan maybe was scared and went down to the white line...

Quote from e2mustang :maybe they realized the fact that they will be never able to do a right turn for the rest of their life,and while they were too deep in the mind teh accident happend,as shit happens very fast.

whats the problem with you? if you do not have any clue about a topic and are not interested in it, why do you read or post on this thread anyway?
Is there a link to the crash?
There wasn't enough room there, Marco should have given more room, you couldn't fit a car in that area and not have an accident because once you touch that line your going for a ride.
Marco should've gave more room, but I don't think that was the problem. Hunter-Reay just looks like the car got a bit loose and drove up the track.
Both's fault.

The inner Car should not overtake where is no room, rather try it after another lap.

The outer car should leave a bit more room, but he can also say why because he dont wants to be overtaken of course.
I think Marco gave enough room and that Ryan should have stayed as close as possible to the line without crossing it and in that case if Marco did hit him then he probably would have taken all of the blame.

And bash0r that was a 100% legal move on the insde specially that they both came out of the other turn almost side to side.
If you ask me, Ryan´s fault :smash3d:
the move was legal and logical as andretti was the whole race going on the outside line, he just switched in the final laps before the crash to the inside line everyone else was going. then he got passed by dixon because he gave him the inside. right after that ryan tried the same but this time marco did not let the door open that wide.

after some more reviews i saw ryans car jumping just a little bit before the crash. maybe he got lose on the front end, tried to compensate by more steering, when the car got grip again on the front, he went down on the white line because the steering was too much and... up he went. could be possible as ryan was on his 3rd??? oval race...

racing accident however i see the problem more on ryans side. marco definitely did not move downwards or something.
Marcos fault.

Ray couldnt go any lower, he went so low as to stay away from marco whos squeezing him down, he got 2 wheels on the apron, resulting in what we saw.

Regardless, its a racing incident.
Quote from Fischfix :whats the problem with you? if you do not have any clue about a topic and are not interested in it, why do you read or post on this thread anyway?

coz i can
Quote from RMachucaA :Marcos fault.

Ray couldnt go any lower, he went so low as to stay away from marco whos squeezing him down, he got 2 wheels on the apron, resulting in what we saw.

When he hit the apron this is where the car started to become upset, not before.

It's racing, but he should have had more room.
Quote from RMachucaA :Marcos fault.

That's the thing. Marco didn't keep on squeezing him. He gave him just enough room to fit his car and that's it. And Marco kept his line too he wasn't getting any lower. It's just that Ryan decided to go lower cuz he got scared and touched the white line and lost control. Tbh, Ryan could have avoided it or could have avoided it being called a racing incident if he did stick to his line as low as possible without touching the line aswell. If Marco would have hit him in that case it would have been 100% Marco's fault.

From what I see, Marco gave enough room for them both to make it alive but Ryan simply made a mistake and ended a bit on the apron and lost control. Marco COULD have left more room but he certainly doesn't HAVE to. He left JUST enough room imo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG