The online racing simulator
For those that like challenging online FPS...
Red Orchestra is like....$4.99 on Steam till June 9, its a bargian! Buy buy buy.

Its a WWII eastern front 'simulation' fps, no crosshair, big maps, machines, realistic ballistics and slow gameplay for some true teamwork.

Highly recommended for that price...
but, you could go for Insurgency which is free and a great game too!

I think RO is excellent but I also think Insurgency is worth trying:

www.insmod.net
the leader of insurgency development team was the original leader of red orchestras developers
Yeah, that, and Insurgency fails.

If I were that cheap, I'd rather wait for Hostile Intent: Phoenix Rising, but it'll probably going to be horrible just like Insurgency.

Maybe Operation Flashpoint 2 will revive the dying breed of FPS simulators.

Anyhow, RO is good for those 5 dollars.
Quote from BullHorn :Yeah, that, and Insurgency fails.

If I were that cheap, I'd rather wait for Hostile Intent: Phoenix Rising, but it'll probably going to be horrible just like Insurgency.

Maybe Operation Flashpoint 2 will revive the dying breed of FPS simulators.

Anyhow, RO is good for those 5 dollars.

RO is amazing mate What can you expect from what was originally a UT2k4 mod...
Bought. Waiting for me to get home to DL it fast.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bought. Waiting for me to get home to DL it fast.

You wont regret it for $5 tbh, even if the game is painfully fustrating at times. I guess you'll get that with any games designed to be realistic.

The good thing about is the players...I've had the game for almost a year now and used to play it when it was a free mod and if you are looking for players that work as a team RO tends to be a good attraction to the organised team play. The only problem with them is they tend to speak in Russian or German......so just be good at interpretation.
Nah, I'll just scream "ACHTUNG!" or "NEIN" or "VODKA" and I can communicate fine.
^ Good luck with that

I have it, hit me up if you want a game, steam name of DieKolkrabe.
Is that just 5 actual dollars? Because for £2.60 I think I could probably afford it myself

And it's moddable, so the odds are even if the default game is a bit limited, there's bound to be a good mod available somewhere.

Only problem is if the offer stops today I could be out of luck. Maybe I can dive out at lunchtime.
The RO website details that the offer is because of the release of a mod lol, and yes theres a few mods for it but I havent tried them.

Also you may be lucky, I think Steam operates off PDT, which should hopefully give you another 7 hours to buy it.
Well if the offer only ends today, I should have up to midnight PDT to get there

I went home at lunchtime for something else, but totally forgot to do this. D'oh.
Red Orchestra is teh shiznits!
RO is awesome, I loved it. For people into FPS you have to try it. It's very different than CSS, but not as tactical as Ghost Recon.
i would get RO but my paretns won't alow me to buy games so my question is i've seen people saying Insurgency is a Half Life 2 mod is that true? or can i download Insugency and be able to play it wioth out halflife2? ond one more question what is a good free FPS game that has good team work?
I am playing Ghost Recon + Desert Siege + Island Thunder right now with a mate. Does anyone wanna join us?
The first GR and OF are the only fps simulators IMO
looks like it's back to 19.99 - was gonna buy when I got home from work, but I guess I'm outta luck.
Join the WAR ON TERRORISM!!!

Best bullshit FPS known to man!
Quote from Dajmin :And it's moddable, so the odds are even if the default game is a bit limited, there's bound to be a good mod available somewhere.

RO is not moddable. RO used to be modded on the Unreal engine, now it's moved to the Source engine, I think. Or maybe it's some other version of the Unreal engine, I don't remember.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :RO is awesome, I loved it. For people into FPS you have to try it. It's very different than CSS, but not as tactical as Ghost Recon.

you tried insurgency Chris?
Quote from BullHorn :RO is not moddable. RO used to be modded on the Unreal engine, now it's moved to the Source engine, I think. Or maybe it's some other version of the Unreal engine, I don't remember.

You might want to check out the recently released Darkest Hour mod. Focusing on the allied landings. Lots of new fun stuff, weapons, tanks, boats. There's only one RO mod but it's up to (or above) the quality of the original. It's the reason RO was $5 in the first place.

RO started as an unreal (2k4?) mod, but they went commercial. Still uses the unreal engine, so it's not the prettiest. But it plays nice. Simulated bullet ballistics, maybe folks here appreciate this touch. Insurgency is promising. They really need player models to point their gun where the user is looking. Also too easy to no-sight, army guys fire m-16's from the hip.
Quote from sweetreid :
RO started as an unreal (2k4?) mod, but they went commercial. Still uses the unreal engine, so it's not the prettiest. But it plays nice. Simulated bullet ballistics, maybe folks here appreciate this touch. Insurgency is promising. They really need player models to point their gun where the user is looking. Also too easy to no-sight, army guys fire m-16's from the hip.

Red Orchestra started out as a mod, but they won the Nvidia 'Make Something Unreal' contest...along with a nice cash prize they also got complete rights to the Unreal 2k4 engine to use it from thier own commercial use. I say it was well earned because I havent found an FPS with this sort of simulated realism yet. If you wiki Red Orchestra theres a section that details some mods on thier.

I once spent about 15 minutes trying to snipe an opposing sniper, he was that far away I couldnt tell how high I had to aim lol. Great satisfaction when I finally killed him.

Also the tank's dont take linear damage, its not like a 3 hits and your dead structure, you have to hit the right places. I survived 10 minutes of punishment in a German Panther tank simply because I parked the tank ontop of a hill just far enough for my teammate to have visual on the enemy tanks....and the tanks returning fire kept hitting the front sloped armour, their shells just kept deflected off. It was great fun.
Quote from spacedskunk :Also the tank's dont take linear damage, its not like a 3 hits and your dead structure, you have to hit the right places. I survived 10 minutes of punishment in a German Panther tank simply because I parked the tank ontop of a hill just far enough for my teammate to have visual on the enemy tanks....and the tanks returning fire kept hitting the front sloped armour, their shells just kept deflected off. It was great fun.

It often feels like my tank is made of peanut shells, while the opposition has adamantium armour.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG