The online racing simulator
Quote from Bawbag :Rob, it wasn't a close battle, he was about 2 seconds ahead when the incident occured and I wasn't going faster to catch him as his rear left would have been gone by lap 8, we raced again and the same happend, small gap openeded, his tyre went red then I cought up, that's all we wanted to do, test how well 15 laps went, not get smashed off by a back marker.

But he was hardly smashed off by the backmarker. Maybe you should have been just as quick to type a friendly warning as to ban (again, I don't know if they'd been warned in prior races).

When running a server I've only banned someone once for deliberate wrecking and foul language and certainly wouldn't ban or kick people who are at least trying to race properly - I'd rather help them learn by making their experience fun and positive. The driver in question had braked and raced cleanly into the first corner - usually a reasonable sign that they're not out to spoil the race.

Anyway, as the ban was only 12hrs, life can go on...
Quote from Bawbag :So going slightly right when about 10M away form him means i'm ovrtaking, yea right, then when i'm back in his slip stream he brakes, alot of denfense there. illepall:

Everyone can have a bad moment, raced Avih allot, or atleast enough to know hes a fair and clean driver.
Everyone makes mistakes now and then, even Michael Schumacher and Raikkonen.
I've raced Avih alot to and still race him from time to time, he is a good clean racer but the argument was started because I got the blame, I mean he clearly knew he made a mistake but blamed me, that's how these shit things start.
#29 - avih
thx for your support guys
Just to sum it up, I was leading him, i DID break on the main straight with the intention that he passes (just didn't like racing too close to him, from prior experience, he's too bad tempered for my taste), Appearantly I wasn't carefull enough on my breaking and he hit me from behind. I didn't mean to cause him to crash me, but I misscalculated his position (or lag, whatever). I didn't blame him, but he just went mental. The rest is history...

The guy just does bad rep for [400] guys. The rest of the [400] guys are very friendly imho. You can still change mate, you're a great racer, but your temper does bad for everyone.
oops
I dont thinks this kind of threads have any meaning.

hoo and you are wrong bawbag you are wrong abou the right/left light thing. You shoud use the light/side you are taking.

Anyway, i dont have any complaint about any 400 racer, and i personaly thing they are fair guys.

Greets
#32 - Jakg
at least you werent on a demo server, i was second in a race, was typing a message as i slowed down after the race, didt see a car infront of me, ended up rear-ending him @ 5 Mph, he banned me for being a "wrecker", then my friend joined, and got banned for joining!
Quote from avih :thx for your support guys
Just to sum it up, I was leading him, i DID break on the main straight with the intention that he passes (just didn't like racing too close to him, from prior experience, he's too bad tempered for my taste), Appearantly I wasn't carefull enough on my breaking and he hit me from behind. I didn't mean to cause him to crash me, but I misscalculated his position (or lag, whatever). I didn't blame him, but he just went mental. The rest is history...

The guy just does bad rep for [400] guys. The rest of the [400] guys are very friendly imho. You can still change mate, you're a great racer, but your temper does bad for everyone.

I still don't get why you braked though illepall You had to slow down because of a car ahead of you going onto the straight, I had just cought your slip stream while doing about 10mph more than you, it's not as if we'd be side by side round the next corner or have any "close racing" as I would be a long way ahead into T1.

I barely even remember racing you before that day Avih, i've been in the same server but never remember any close battles or anything with you, usually one of us is better at the combo and flys by, all I remember.

Obviously i'm to bad a racer for your standards Avih, maybe you should get some restriction set on me that I cant race within 20metres of you, then you would be able to race nicely, right?
Quote from Bawbag :Obviously i'm to bad a racer for your standards Avih, maybe you should get some restriction set on me that I cant race within 20metres of you, then you would be able to race nicely, right?

Can I have one of those please? ehrm.. just kiddin :haha::drink:
#35 - avih
I'm not going to turn this into a fight. sorry.
i kinda feel that this thread should be found on team 400's forum...

all in all it's pretty uninteresting to the rest of us..sure if bawbag banned every tom, dick and harry that entered the server then ppl would be warned and would stay away from the server, but afaik that is not the case

i wonder how this forum would look like if every person that had a bad experience on a server made a post every time :P
WOW! 35 posts later and the 1st one to make sense has finally arrived, well done HolyCow, you will now be unbanned from my server!!!!

Welcome to the world of competitive simultated racing where just as in real life the range of drivers is from young hot guns with fiery tempers to the old cool hands who patiently await their next move if it be this race or the next and nothing ever seems to fluster them

I've seen drivers in real life come to blows on the side of the track, it happens its a adrenalin filled competitive sport and although alot see this as just a game, some take it very seriously .

Alot of people come on here and winge about being banned too quickly and admins being harsh, well thats true, but thats because not every server in the list is good for new guys, LFS doesn't have an auto-grading system so you have to find racers with similar level to yourself.

While I'm all for helping new guys, and those that know me will know this is true, I think you also have to stop and consider where the fast racer is coming from too. I don't know this for sure as I haven't talked with Bawbag recently (we live on the opposite sides of the world ) but from reading what he has to say, they had setup a server for the purpose of doing some practise for an upcoming league event and most likely just left it open for other similar level drivers to come along and practise for that event as well... you just happened to drop in and start racing with them when you were clearly out of your league, so probably got banned just as much for that as anything else because their interest is in similar level drivers not drivers that are way off the pace don't take it personally, I'm sure Bawbag doesn't have a vandetta against you, go onto another server get better at LFS then come back at a later stage and get your revenge by beating Bawbag

When you enter a server try and get a feel for the atmosphere there and act accordingly, hey I've been arround for quite some time in LFS but there is still car track combos where I will not just jump in with other drivers who are near WR pace and ruin it for them, I'll go find the same combo with more average drivers or goto an empty server and set up that combo and do some practise first, then return when I at least know the proper lines for that track and are a little closer to the pace for the level of driver on that server. If I do race on a server where I'm not fairly confident, I'll deliberately get out of the way of everyone before turn1 and then try and catch the field if it looks like I'm going to be lapped I'd probably pit if I wasn't 100% confident I could let them through cleanly, as I'm still learning and not there to race competitively.

Also I just looked at the replay your friend was having alot of trouble just getting around the track (was loosing control an average of 3 - 4 times a lap) so was always a reciepe for disastor, one of the first things to learn is to re-enter a track cleanly when you have had an off... my guess is he is not even confident with mirrors, the map in top right hand corner and the look buttons, so you would have been much better off finding an empty server to practise with your mate first before bringing him onto a server with high level drivers. Just my 2cents

P.s. I would have the above opinions regardless of wether Bawbag was a teammate or not.
Quote from Bawbag :I banned your friend because he was just cruising around untill TPC 3ttan came round the outside of him and he smacked into him, I then stopped, awaited his reaction (none) and banned.

Awaited his reaction huh.....he said sorry in the demo i just watched....maybe if u cant see that maybe you got the crash wrong too :P

Yes he shouldn't have hit him but i think in that situation the fast drivers coming from behind should allow extra room so that inexperianced drivers don't make a mistake.
Quote from B2B@300 :Welcome to the world of competitive simultated racing where just as in real life the range of drivers is from young hot guns with fiery tempers to the old cool hands who patiently await their next move if it be this race or the next and nothing ever seems to fluster them

I've seen drivers in real life come to blows on the side of the track, it happens its a adrenalin filled competitive sport and although alot see this as just a game, some take it very seriously .

Alot of people come on here and winge about being banned too quickly and admins being harsh, well thats true, but thats because not every server in the list is good for new guys, LFS doesn't have an auto-grading system so you have to find racers with similar level to yourself.

While I'm all for helping new guys, and those that know me will know this is true, I think you also have to stop and consider where the fast racer is coming from too. I don't know this for sure as I haven't talked with Bawbag recently (we live on the opposite sides of the world ) but from reading what he has to say, they had setup a server for the purpose of doing some practise for an upcoming league event and most likely just left it open for other similar level drivers to come along and practise for that event as well... you just happened to drop in and start racing with them when you were clearly out of your league, so probably got banned just as much for that as anything else because their interest is in similar level drivers not drivers that are way off the pace don't take it personally, I'm sure Bawbag doesn't have a vandetta against you, go onto another server get better at LFS then come back at a later stage and get your revenge by beating Bawbag

When you enter a server try and get a feel for the atmosphere there and act accordingly, hey I've been arround for quite some time in LFS but there is still car track combos where I will not just jump in with other drivers who are near WR pace and ruin it for them, I'll go find the same combo with more average drivers or goto an empty server and set up that combo and do some practise first, then return when I at least know the proper lines for that track and are a little closer to the pace for the level of driver on that server. If I do race on a server where I'm not fairly confident, I'll deliberately get out of the way of everyone before turn1 and then try and catch the field if it looks like I'm going to be lapped I'd probably pit if I wasn't 100% confident I could let them through cleanly, as I'm still learning and not there to race competitively.

Also I just looked at the replay your friend was having alot of trouble just getting around the track (was loosing control an average of 3 - 4 times a lap) so was always a reciepe for disastor, one of the first things to learn is to re-enter a track cleanly when you have had an off... my guess is he is not even confident with mirrors, the map in top right hand corner and the look buttons, so you would have been much better off finding an empty server to practise with your mate first before bringing him onto a server with high level drivers. Just my 2cents

P.s. I would have the above opinions regardless of wether Bawbag was a teammate or not.

well is there some way to mark your server to say NO new people allowed? because its unfair to just ban someone off of the only rallyx server in the list. just because you think youre all too good to be practicing with new guys doesnt mean they deserve a ban. how about an explaination before u ban them? i think you are sticking up for him because hes your team mate, definately.

edit: i watched a replay of league racing, not rally cross i must admit, but on the track people got lapped too, being lapped is a part of motorsport, i dont think in formula 1 people get banned for starting out and not braking records.
The server owners/admins can do whatever they want. You are entering THEIR domain, under THEIR control. Don't you get that richy? And why must you create a thread about ANOTHER one of your problems online? Seems to me you still haven't taught yourself the concept of online gaming :zombie:

Now where is a moderator, because I'd be happy to see this end swiftly.... unlike your other thread.
i dunno if team400 still does it but they used to have certain rules like on blackwood where only those that could go under 1:33 were allowed on the server. Mybe making that more clear would prevent newbies from ruining races. Usually the faster someone is, the more predictable they are. It takes skill to avoid accidents from both people involved.
yeah i learnt my lesson before, i went about it the wrong way that i know now. but i will continue to make these threads because new guys are treated like crap and until they arnt these threads will still happen. i havent posted about servers i havent had issues with, only the so-called servers that hold the "good racers" who aparantly are fast but treat new people like crap. if an admin wants to do whatever they want in their domain they should expect the flak from it too, just like the users of that server get the flak from them.

why should a player walk away banned for not being fast enough or good enough, and the admin sit there on the server acting cocky with his mates laughing at the fact that another newbie just got banned, har har. no.

this time i got the replay, this time i didnt get angry. and this time i made a point.
Quote from richy :but i will continue to make these threads because new guys are treated like crap and until they arnt these threads will still happen.

I honestly hope it is your last. Because threads like these mean absolute SQUAT. You have to realize that people only see threads like these as an opportunity to tell the person in 'DIRE NEED OF ATTENTION' that stuff like this happens no matter what game you play online, and you need to face it, and not keep creating threads. Because they DON'T help in making noobies accepted more on specific servers.

As far as I know, there are tons of servers that have no problems at all with beginners. Everyone needs to stick around to learn. But if an admin decides you need to get out of their server, FINE, but don't complain about it thinking you will get flowers and chocolates for being heroic for all your fellow beginner drivers. It happens in all kinds of games richy. People will ban/kick you for having a crappy score, for swearing, or for nothing at all, some admins just do it. Which is one step in this concept of online gaming I speak of, which you clearly don't understand.

People will let you race on the server all the time, all this banning and kicking is no coincidence. If any beginner drivers are causing problems online such as crashing people in turns, causing accidents, going to slow and getting in people's way, being annoying or stubborn, or just all of the above, you will definitely be punted out of the server. So if you really aren't ready for online racing, you could practice offline possibly, get your skills up.

I can speak for the Team 400 server as being pretty fair in most cases, and if there were any issues with some drivers on their server, they will kick/ban them. Tough!

Quote from richy :this time i got the replay, this time i didnt get angry. and this time i made a point.

You might have made your own point, but you still aren't getting the point of the very first thread. So however much you think these situations are resolved, they are not resolved until YOU get the point and stop posting these threads!
Tweaker puts it perfectly, its there server they can do what they want. They pay for that server and they decide what happens. Just like if you bought some webspace, you are in control of what happens on your webspace.

One of the things all new people should do is get used to using the look buttons while driving to get used to looking out for cars around you. If your aware of your surrounding racers then there is very little chance you'll get into much trouble. Okay people make occasional slip ups but as B2B@300 says you really need to be careful while learning new tracks and making mistakes. If I make a mistake I'm always trying to look out for cars around me and try to do as much as I can to avoid an accident. Maybe it just comes from having experience in real life racing and constantly being aware of my surrounding racers, who knows but it's a very important aspect in racing if you are to race close and cleanly.

Just move on to another server or even host your own one. There really isn't much point in getting worked up about something which isn't going to change the minds of others. It's there server let them do what they want with it.

Keiran
Quote from Tweaker :I honestly hope it is your last. Because threads like these mean absolute SQUAT. You have to realize that people only see threads like these as an opportunity to tell the person in 'DIRE NEED OF ATTENTION' that stuff like this happens no matter what game you play online, and you need to face it, and not keep creating threads. Because they DON'T help in making noobies accepted more on specific servers.

As far as I know, there are tons of servers that have no problems at all with beginners. Everyone needs to stick around to learn. But if an admin decides you need to get out of their server, FINE, but don't complain about it thinking you will get flowers and chocolates for being heroic for all your fellow beginner drivers. It happens in all kinds of games richy. People will ban/kick you for having a crappy score, for swearing, or for nothing at all, some admins just do it. Which is one step in this concept of online gaming I speak of, which you clearly don't understand.

People will let you race on the server all the time, all this banning and kicking is no coincidence. If any beginner drivers are causing problems online such as crashing people in turns, causing accidents, going to slow and getting in people's way, being annoying or stubborn, or just all of the above, you will definitely be punted out of the server. So if you really aren't ready for online racing, you could practice offline possibly, get your skills up.

I can speak for the Team 400 server as being pretty fair in most cases, and if there were any issues with some drivers on their server, they will kick/ban them. Tough!

And then people will come post about it. Tough!

If you dont want to read about it how about admins make a point of not doing it, so the threads dont happen, you can tell me this Tweak, but you cant tell every single newbie this can you? if you want to stop these threads, telling people after they posted them is not the way. how about some rules for admins, like there is for drivers on the road.

yes this is online gaming, and you get bad admins, thanks for explaining that one.
Well then I think a moderator should write a new thread and sticky it.

"OMG! why have I been kicked/banned?!?!?" -- Basically a thread that explains it all. Would be nice to see something like that...

Then the moderators have a reason to close your thread and link you to the explanation. If the forum here is used to just moan about their problems online, it really isn't a happy place to talk... it is just a pen full of stressed out llamas spitting on each other, and we don't want that :zombie:
I make sense
Long story short: learn to drive before taking your lack of skill out on people that race to win. Oh and don't whine about it afterwards o/
Quote from CasseBent :Long story short: learn to drive before taking your lack of skill out on people that race to win. Oh and don't whine about it afterwards o/

whining is the only thing someone can do if they get banned off of the only rally x server in the list.

i tried to show him offline but the AI just rams you off the road, it doesnt teach you how to react to being lapped.... it doesnt teach you how to race online.
Host your own server then!!! Private or Public :zombie:
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG