The online racing simulator
#1 - richy
me and a friend banned off of 400 server see replay
well see for yourself by the replay. he got banned because he was being lapped and hit the leader who was still the leader... but [400]Bawbag banned him because he spun out... i then enquired if they banned him, as my friend had said sorry then disconnected, they said because he was not clean, well he said sorry to the guy he hit but the guy who spun out obviously took out his temper and banned him, then me for asking why.

this is the first time he had gone on that rallyx with that car as he just got the game, now i have to explain to him why we got banned off of the only rallyx server and we have to go back to the demo to play some.

this 400 guy is a little careless with his admin priveledges be careful when he is about...
Attached files
why ban.mpr - 611.9 KB - 236 views
point being?

I mean we've been over this a million times. You can't expect everyone to be a fair person... welcome to the 'net.
Things like this happen. If it happens to you? My advice: go to a different server and enjoy yourself. I really don't see the point of posting here about every little incident.

for the record: No, I didn't watch the replay because I couldn't possibly be bothered.
yes the 400 guys are quick to ban . one banned me a while ago even though his teammates told him it was his fault. dont take it personal
#4 - Lible
I personally agree that 400 guys are umm.. bad. One day I showed the left hazard light, and drove myself to the left, but he started to take me over from left.
I'm sorry to say i agree with szyszek. Just like in any game, and in
real life for that matter, there are misunderstandings, impatient people
and sometimes the wrong person gets accused. These forums are not
policing any server. Personally i don't like playing the blame game and
pointing fingers. So your friend had a bad experience, that's unfortunate,
but there's not much anyone here can do about it. We've all had a bad
experience once and you and you're friend shouldn't let that get to you.

What bothers me is why people don't post everytime they have good
experiences ? Why does it have to be negative...LFS has a strong
community preciselly because there ARE some decent and fun people
here and because there ARE some good and fun servers
One individual on one occasion is not representative. Maybe he
had a bad day also, you never know...
Was it first time? Even if not it was a stupid move by your friend.

Looked almost "non-accidental"

Have raced with bawbag and had no problems. Sure he bans&kicks reckless drivers but imho he did the right choise. Not that it is any of my business
#7 - richy
Quote from Fonnybone :I'm sorry to say i agree with szyszek. Just like in any game, and in
real life for that matter, there are misunderstandings, impatient people
and sometimes the wrong person gets accused. These forums are not
policing any server. Personally i don't like playing the blame game and
pointing fingers. So your friend had a bad experience, that's unfortunate,
but there's not much anyone here can do about it. We've all had a bad
experience once and you and you're friend shouldn't let that get to you.

What bothers me is why people don't post everytime they have good
experiences ? Why does it have to be negative...LFS has a strong
community preciselly because there ARE some decent and fun people
here and because there ARE some good and fun servers
One individual on one occasion is not representative. Maybe he
had a bad day also, you never know...

dont worry we arnt angry or anything, i already knew what its like so i just told him, but i do think sometimes admins should be a bit kinder to guys who are slow, learning and are apologetic for mistakes.
I banned your friend because he was just cruising around untill TPC 3ttan came round the outside of him and he smacked into him, I then stopped, awaited his reaction (none) and banned.

You however timed out from the server.

He's the 1st person i've banned on LFS (except a vote) and we barely have servers up long enough for idiots to come in and ruin the race, so we rarely ban but bitch all you want, doesn't bother me.

Anyway,
Quote from Lible :I personally agree that 400 guys are umm.. bad. One day I showed the left hazard light, and drove myself to the left, but he started to take me over from left.

I think your getting a bit confused, in real life you indicated to let a car know that it is safe to pass, I mean if we all used our indicators in a race we would all have to pass a driving test, right?

Why move over anyway? I mean if he is going to overtake you he is ready to pass anyway, so moving over is a bit silly is it not as he was probarly going past the left then you move over. I'm sure you could be called a very bad boy for moving over to the left when one of us 400 guys were going to overtake, and it seemed like you were trying to stop the driver getting past?
As far as I can remember Mr. Bawbag gets a bit temperamental when wrecking, no matter if intentional or not, occurs. I still have a replay of a, lets say "heated debate" as some other racer (avih) tried to let him pass by braking on the straight. Anyone can have a bad day, I guess
Quote from Bawbag :I banned your friend because he was just cruising around untill TPC 3ttan came round the outside of him and he smacked into him, I then stopped, awaited his reaction (none) and banned.

You however timed out from the server.

He's the 1st person i've banned on LFS (except a vote) and we barely have servers up long enough for idiots to come in and ruin the race, so we rarely ban but bitch all you want, doesn't bother me.

Anyway,

well we were there from qualifying so he didnt join mid race he was being lapped, he also said sorry but you banned him. and you can see he didnt even hit first place hard enough to make him lose control. i think you were just angry because you spun out and took it out on him. but thats ok i guess a lot of admins are like that.

if i timed out thats ok im not worried about that its not as if i were gonna stay when my friend was banned eh

just dont be so harsh with the bans please?
hmmm,

maybe, just maybe, this is a misunderstanding between two racers that has been blown out of proportion.

generally IRL indicating a certain way means you are moving that way, BUT in racing many people signal the side on which they want someone to pass.....so it is very easy to be confused.
Quote from richy :i think you were just angry because you spun out and took it out on him.

No, he spun because he opened the console getting ready to ban your friend. Apparently your friend took too long to type sorry, so the ban was the result.
Quote from AndroidXP :No, he spun because he opened the console getting ready to ban your friend. Apparently your friend took too long to type sorry, so the ban was the result.

could be who knows.
Quote from mrbogeyman :hmmm,
generally IRL indicating a certain way means you are moving that way, BUT in racing many people signal the side on which they want someone to pass.....so it is very easy to be confused.

I've seen some videoes from Nurburgring, and everyone that was lapped used their signal to the left if they wanted to stay on the left side of the road and vice versa (or whatever :-P)
^
I just thought exactly the same (BMW M3 GTR with Hans-Joachim Stuck?)
Quote from AndroidXP :As far as I can remember Mr. Bawbag gets a bit temperamental when wrecking, no matter if intentional or not, occurs. I still have a replay of a, lets say "heated debate" as some other racer (avih) tried to let him pass by braking on the straight. Anyone can have a bad day, I guess

Mr.Bawbag does get angry when stupid things happen and he gets blamed

Just to give a summary of that day, I was slip streaming behind "Avih" was about 2-3m off his bumper on the star/finish straight of Aston national in the XFR and he lets off the throttle fully, I managed to get out quick enough but my rear clipped his and fcukled me up, then I got the blame. Once again, not racing, just a plain mind blank.

And yes I spun on my own accord in that race because I was concentrating on other things but hey, I don't ask people to come into my servers, I dont claim to be Mr.Forgiveness or be the nicest of nice admins, I started for the server for a few of us who wanted to practice for our league race and well, when you are mid way througha race and the leader gets shunted off it's not someone who's going to stay, and if I just kicked him he would come back and do it again, so a 12 hour ban came around.

Anyway how can you enjoy racing something when your going that slow and having to let the leaders pass?
Quote from richy :well we were there from qualifying so he didnt join mid race he was being lapped, he also said sorry but you banned him. and you can see he didnt even hit first place hard enough to make him lose control. i think you were just angry because you spun out and took it out on him. but thats ok i guess a lot of admins are like that.

if i timed out thats ok im not worried about that its not as if i were gonna stay when my friend was banned eh

just dont be so harsh with the bans please?

Without seeing any build up in prior races I don't know if there was any 'build up' to the ban i.e. previous incidents and/or warnings.

It did seem a little harsh if taken in isolation, especially as he did apologise and the leader wasn't badly affected. If the timing of the blue flags is captured accurately in replays, then your friend didn't get too much warning of the leaders approach and beginners don't often remember to check the track map to see if they're about to be caught. He had run wide and so his mirrors didn't show the leader approaching either. I disagree with Hyperactive as to me it didn't look intentional in the slightest.

A little harsh (again, taken in isolation), probably influenced a little by Bawbag's self induced spin in the middle of a close 15 lap battle.

I suggest your friend keeps practising... the positives of LFS online far out weigh the negative experiences...
Quote from AndroidXP :I just thought exactly the same (BMW M3 GTR with Hans-Joachim Stuck?)

That one too
Quote from Bawbag :
Anyway how can you enjoy racing something when your going that slow and having to let the leaders pass?

None of us would have enjoyed LFS as beginners if that was the case. There's so many track and car options available that most of us can be slow when we try a new combination. I've done very little RallyX and so would be considerably off the pace - doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it.

I'd sure enjoy racing for Toro Rosso in F1, but I'd be forever letting the leaders past
Quote from Bawbag :Mr.Bawbag does get angry when stupid things happen and he gets blamed

To avih's defense, shortly before he braked you made a slight sweep to the right, which in his mirrors may have looked like you're passing him right now, triggering his braking. The rest is history (but the argument after it was still unnecessary).

Whatever
Rob, it wasn't a close battle, he was about 2 seconds ahead when the incident occured and I wasn't going faster to catch him as his rear left would have been gone by lap 8, we raced again and the same happend, small gap openeded, his tyre went red then I cought up, that's all we wanted to do, test how well 15 laps went, not get smashed off by a back marker.

In real life situations like Nurburgring, yes you can use the indicators and they will have been told what to do, IE go to the side you are indicating too, in LFS there is no briefign before a race and usually if the leader comes up behind you he will be prepared to overtake, if you move over late there is a 50/50 chance he will go the same way so indicators are best left or used early if you ask me.

But in the above situations, the indicators were used while battleing for position, not blue flag situations.
he just got the game and a wheel so just going round the course the first time was obviously still gonna be fun. Winning isnt everything

edit: what do you guys think of some sort of sin bin like ice hockey can something like be put in so people arnt just banned for a racing incident?
Quote from AndroidXP :

To avih's defense, shortly before he braked you made a slight sweep to the right, which in his mirrors may have looked like you're passing him right now, triggering his braking. The rest is history (but the argument after it was still unnecessary).

Whatever

So going slightly right when about 10M away form him means i'm ovrtaking, yea right, then when i'm back in his slip stream he brakes, alot of denfense there. illepall

I've never seen to cars in battle before when the one infront brakes when the car behind is clearly going faster and in the slip stream, not racing so I don't know how you can try to "defend" him.

It's history anyway, so is earlier on, all we wanna do is race and everyone gets mad when you get crashed off, even worse when you are mid way through a 20 minuit race. I'm sure you didn't have a huge smile on your face when Avih braked late, hit you, you hit another car then got rolled?
Quote from Fonnybone :Personally i don't like playing the blame game and
pointing fingers.

Do you get your monkey to do that for you instead?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG