The online racing simulator
KILL the tire warmers!
(56 posts, started )
Quote from Tweaker :Not talking slick tires here, road tires. Even in cold weather and cold tires, you can still grip the road just fine. Which is why LFS confuses me to hell when cold tires during an average day can be so slippery?

you dont really go round corners at like 80kph IRL do you?
yeah - if you take the time to look at your speedo when you do a normal corner in RL, you'll see that 90% of them are done at... 30kph. and THAT is usually fast enough to get woman and small children screaming in the back seats... Trust me on that one.
I defy you to do a roundabout (medium sized) @ 50kph.
In south city, the hairpin should be taken at no more than 20kph, and the large long under the highway in SO6 etc... should be done at 50kph maximum.
#53 - J.B.
How long do I have to wait to get ambient temperature tyres? I'd like to give it a test. Will be interesting to see how the warming up of the tyre compares to real life. As a reference in real life series like FRenault or F3 the fastest quali laps are often done on lap 5 or 6.
Quote from J.B. :How long do I have to wait to get ambient temperature tyres?

very
just leave it running in windowed mode and come back after an hour or so... your tyres should be at around 20°C
+1 for a lower temperature on road cars (equal or a little bit lower than outside air temperature)
+1 for NEAR IDEAL tire temperature on (formula) race cars, tire warmers are used in real life, lfs is here to simulate real life..
Quote from Stigpt :yeah - if you take the time to look at your speedo when you do a normal corner in RL, you'll see that 90% of them are done at... 30kph. and THAT is usually fast enough to get woman and small children screaming in the back seats... Trust me on that one.
I defy you to do a roundabout (medium sized) @ 50kph.
In south city, the hairpin should be taken at no more than 20kph, and the large long under the highway in SO6 etc... should be done at 50kph maximum.

hmm then i' m really an racing legend on public road That speeds apply are for high suv' s. Hairpin can easily be done at 40kph, but only if the road is closed for normal traffic. Otherwise you might kill people who are coming from the other side.

Most sedans/sportcoupe' s with high performance tyres can handle those speeds easily BUT only if you know what you are doing.

KILL the tire warmers!
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG