The online racing simulator
KILL the tire warmers!
(56 posts, started )
KILL the tire warmers!
Please? I'v left LFS on while I went out to do some chore, and when I returned, I was in the pit with stone-cold tires. Boy that was fun - with tires in the 25ºC range, you really feel what COLD tires feel like.
The "cold" tires in LFS currently are merely "slightly cool" tires - specially since the harder coumpounds also start at higher temp.
Seein as its basically only in f1 where tyre warmers are allowed - why not make start temps for tyres in the 20-25ºC range?
(With the possible exception of Hotlaps and practice).
#2 - aoun
I would prefer this, would bring better racing to the LFS servers, people calming down due to cold tires on the first lap or so.

+1

But hasn't this already been suggested?
I think people will push just as hard and surviving turn 1 would be harder.
On road cars, +1 !
#5 - aoun
+4
Nice idea for the street cars, but for the race cars? I don't know...
Quote from Alkanphel :I think people will push just as hard and surviving turn 1 would be harder.

+1 to that statment

+/- for the idea.
Weird that a thread was made about this because i found the same thing when i woke up this morning. i had left lfs on and i got driving with stone cold tyres and it was very realistic having to drive much more cautiously to start off with. i was going to start a thread about this but no need now
it can be a setup for the host
#13 - dev
+7 for removing them on road cars
-7 for removing them from racing cars.
Yep, I'd like them gone too.

Idea++;

or

TyreWarmers--;
I never knew lfs had tyre warmers but instead of just getting rid full stop, i think the server should have a option weather to use the air temp for the tyres at begining of the race or to have them pre heated with tyre warmers.

so +1 for road cars
-1 for forumlars
+1 I like the idea. Have the tires at 20-25C for every track except Fern Bay, maybe have tire there start out at 30C.
+11 for all cars except SS and all cars on hotlaps.
I think it would be awesome! Should at least be an option for the server as someone suggested earlier.
Tire tempurates need to be reworked entirely anyways.

Ever driven on the lowest tempurature (idle temp) road tires? There is no way in hell that they'd be so slippery. I want to see this fixed, and yes road cars shouldn't have the tires warmed up.

To be honest, I have always felt that the "pre-warming" of the tires in LFS is currently a way to hide or ignore the flawed cold tire physics.
I don't think it should be a server option. I am not familiar with temperatures in C, but if the current temps are higher than what they should be +1...
I've lost count but +1 from me for road cars. Thing is you don't know what the temps are around the circuit and on the asfalt (nothing like that is implemented)
Quote from Tweaker :Tire tempurates need to be reworked entirely anyways.

Ever driven on the lowest tempurature (idle temp) road tires? There is no way in hell that they'd be so slippery. I want to see this fixed, and yes road cars shouldn't have the tires warmed up.

To be honest, I have always felt that the "pre-warming" of the tires in LFS is currently a way to hide or ignore the flawed cold tire physics.

Eh, I haven't done it recently, but I'll wager that if you put one of Bob's road setups on a XFG and drive it at road speeds (i.e., not flooring it, maxing out at 70mph and taking the corners reasonably) it won't be that loose at all.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Eh, I haven't done it recently, but I'll wager that if you put one of Bob's road setups on a XFG and drive it at road speeds (i.e., not flooring it, maxing out at 70mph and taking the corners reasonably) it won't be that loose at all.

Maybe not for an American car
I think it should be a setup of host.

KILL the tire warmers!
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG