The online racing simulator
Stalled engine after huge crashes
Yes, I know, this suggestion was already posted three years ago (, but I think it needs a its own thread.

So, it would be nice to have an option which stalled the engine after a big contact. I think that would suppress a lot of hasardous manovers, like trying to cut tyres chicanes, hitting volontarily the wall in South City to have better times, trying to pass all the pack in T1, etc, etc...

This option would be deselected for bangers or cruise servers of course.

What do you think about that?

PS : Sorry for my poor english
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
#2 - xtm
why would an engine stall after a big contact? If you forgot to press the clutch, then maybe yes, but how otherwise?
-
I may be wrong but I I come to a stop after a crash and I don't press clutch.....my car dies. perhaps you need to take off auto-clutch?
-
#4 - xtm
Erm, I drive a g25 with full manual+H shifter.. And I somehow manage to keep my engine running through most crashes.. It takes a bit of practice, but after a while you learn to press the clutch before you crash, since most of the time you can anticipate it.

As the old saying goes, "when you spin, both feet in" (clutch+brake).

Then I assume you are suggesting that the "auto-clutch" function should not press the clutch so quickly in the event of a crash?
I think the thread starter wants to turn the engine off if you hit the barrier in south city, or better describing it, brush the barrier. It would be some sort of a penalty. If it would be done relaisticaly, i don't see a point in turning it off in banger racing.
well if it turned off while you were still moving, wouldn't a drop of the clutch turn it over again? kinda pointless
Bumping into things, especially a city course, is just a part of racing. If someone's being hazardous or intentionally slamming into walls for an advantage, ban them. Don't really see any point to this. Plus, cutting someone's throttle right after an incident isn't that great an idea considering now they have no power to quickly move out of the way in incidents that call for a quick burst of throttle to scoot off track from a hazardous area etc.

Most modern cars have an inertia switch that cuts power to the fuel pump in the event of a crash. BTW, on a Ford Taurus, it's located inside the driver's side rear fender. Good for a prank, or as a way to prevent theft.

Race cars, and prepared road cars generally disable the switch, since bouncing off of curbing, or short offs can upset the switch and stall the car.
I think that only certain user's cars should stall on contact with other cars.
Quote from xtm :Erm, I drive a g25 with full manual+H shifter.. And I somehow manage to keep my engine running through most crashes.. It takes a bit of practice, but after a while you learn to press the clutch before you crash, since most of the time you can anticipate it.

As the old saying goes, "when you spin, both feet in" (clutch+brake).

Then I assume you are suggesting that the "auto-clutch" function should not press the clutch so quickly in the event of a crash?

maybe you wouldn't crash if you werent only concentrating on stopping the engine from stalling.
-1 from me btw. i think something like this would only create more bugs and problems. with an improved damage engine however, you should be able to total your car in a huge crash. it would be great imo to have things like visible radiator leaks and to have clouds of smoke billowing out from under the bonnet after smashing head on with someone or something
#12 - xtm
Quote from Gills4life :maybe you wouldn't crash if you werent only concentrating on stopping the engine from stalling.

So you are saying that you never crash because you don't have to think about keeping the engine running?
Thats right !
I use auto-clutch, after I have huge contacts, my car DOES stall..

not every time, but it does happen.
Quote from PAracer :Most modern cars have an inertia switch that cuts power to the fuel pump in the event of a crash. BTW, on a Ford Taurus, it's located inside the driver's side rear fender. Good for a prank, or as a way to prevent theft.

Race cars, and prepared road cars generally disable the switch, since bouncing off of curbing, or short offs can upset the switch and stall the car.

Such cars are strictly forbidden and only people with a death wish will disable such switches.
Would be really nasty in a normal crash, the fuel pump happily pumping the fuel out of the tank while the fuel lines might be broken.... Just go adn look for accidents which happend in the old days when such safety systems didn't exist yet...

In a big crash(about 40+km/h) the fuel pump will be turned off on all modern road and racing cars. It may be a bit higher on very high formula-classes, but they also do have automatic (engine)kill-switches.
Hang on guys
He means that the engine is deliberately cut out after a massive crash to stop people making stupid and dangerous manouvers or cheating in hot laps, he does not mean 'Why does me enigne cut out?', we arent dicussing why it cuts out, just if other people thought it was a good idea to have an engine cut out in the name of improved online gameplay
Quote from Aussie_Alex_2007 :He means that the engine is deliberately cut out after a massive crash to stop people making stupid and dangerous manouvers or cheating in hot laps, he does not mean 'Why does me enigne cut out?', we arent dicussing why it cuts out, just if other people thought it was a good idea to have an engine cut out in the name of improved online gameplay

How would cutting the engine prevent hot lap cheating? If you cut the hot lap is discarded. If you hit a wall, you will probably flip / wreck suspension (at least in FE, SO)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG