The online racing simulator
GP2 to replace F08 ?
(42 posts, started )
+1 thet will be nice, if add in patch Z, i will trayning for GP2.
add tracks from GP2 not bad too
#27 - wild
The FO8 is a great car. The modern GP2 car shouldn't replace it. Maybe there should be all the classes of Formula Racing. Right from Karting to Formula One. But there is a significant number of Formulae cars to cater for everyone's needs.

Take the BF1 for example its quite a bit out dated. As of the 2008 season there is no traction control the BF1 still has it. I could type up all of the 2008 updates, but there would be no point. You can't expect the 3 developers of this game to cater for everyone's needs or wants.

You never know maybe in S3 they might release a GP2 car as well as maybe some real life tracks. But the thing you have to remember they have to get permission to use Real-life Circuits and Cars.
The FO8 is a great car, that more people should drive!

I think that there would be even less people driving it when it had 600 HP. It's fine as it is... No, it's not fine, it's great!
yeah, the current specs of the f08 are okay. we just need more realistic physics .
What about keeping fo8 + making the gp2 car,
Then all are happy
#31 - wild
Quote from aroX123 :What about keeping fo8 + making the gp2 car,
Then all are happy

Not totally, What about the FOX people could argue that it should be a Formula 3 or Formula Renault?

This game ain't all about single seater racing. They have to cater for all of the community's needs in situations like this.
Quote from Darkone55 :The FO8 is a great car, that more people should drive!

I think that there would be even less people driving it when it had 600 HP. It's fine as it is... No, it's not fine, it's great!

Mostly agree.

450hp is a bit low. Push it to 550hp which is about A1GP level and we get room for a 350-400hp FO6
Why would one car need to be replaced by another? What's wrong with just modifying whatever numbers need modified and then adding it as a new car?

I wouldn't want to lose the FO8, because it's an absolute beast. But I know a lot of people would like to see GP2 cars. So both = win. It's not like there's a limited number of cars allowed in the game
Just tried this recently....

Made the BF1 have 580 bhp (older GP2) by giving it an 11% intake restriction, and +88kg weight added to equal the 688kg weight (with driver). Turned traction control off, and tweaked the setup a little bit and the car is pretty much driveable, and lots of fun.

All you'd need to sort out is a bit of tire issues, and change the grooved tire texture to solid slicks and you almost have a GP2 car right there. Only other difference visually would be the engine cowl gills on the bodywork, and the sharpness of the nose really.

Perhaps a crazy idea for a league? I would try, but LFS is dying on its' last drops with all these old cars, old generic racing, and handicap-modded grids to try and make something "new"... it just doesn't seem like it is worth the time. But making GP2 skins does .
will be great to modify FO8 release a kind of mod, I can help with the skins, Who it more grip, the GP2 or the FO8, for my, try to drive the F08 sometimes its really hard
Quote from Scrabby :the F08 COULD get a aero restyling, maybe a little less straight(wings etc just look so sharp lol)

/agree

the FO8 only COULD have a small face lifting. but no changes in handling, its one of the best cars in lfs
Quote from wild :The FO8 is a great car. The modern GP2 car shouldn't replace it. Maybe there should be all the classes of Formula Racing. Right from Karting to Formula One. But there is a significant number of Formulae cars to cater for everyone's needs.

Absolutely right. What other single seater would you want?

Quote from wild : Take the BF1 for example its quite a bit out dated. As of the 2008 season there is no traction control the BF1 still has it. I could type up all of the 2008 updates, but there would be no point. You can't expect the 3 developers of this game to cater for everyone's needs or wants.

You never know maybe in S3 they might release a GP2 car as well as maybe some real life tracks. But the thing you have to remember they have to get permission to use Real-life Circuits and Cars.

Doesn't stop people asking for the Nords every five minutes though, does it?

Anyway, I agree with the above. The FO8 is easily the most fun car there is - and unfortunately, one of the most underplayed. As for it's looks: I wouldn't expect a GP2-esqe car. The last thing the devs want to do is start copying real series: can you imagine the pressure then to emulate the huge numbers of championships out there? It would be nice to loose the boxiness though, agreed. Slope the nose slightly, so it doesn't protrude from the front wing maybe?

But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it's that big an issue.

Oh, and the BF1 is a little outdated, but still great looking!
#39 - Tomi
the FO8 is the best looking open wheel in LFS. It's clean shape makes it look better than the other. A bit like mid 1990's F1 cars.

The GP2 are ugly. They are made too look like the modern F1 cars which look even uglier. The modern F1 cars are crippled with stupid and ugly aero accessories. They looks stupid because the modern F1 regulation are much too restrictive and doesn't permit the engineer to make better design. So they need those external devices to correct the flaws.

The FO8 should stay as it is. If you want a GP2, ask for a new ugly car. No need to spoil the FO8.

We have a good range of openwheels. I'd only add a champcar like car, a bit heavier and longer than a Formula 1 but with a more powerful turbo (yet less efficient in the low revs) engine and steel brakes. F1 cars are fast but not much fun to race because passing is always difficult with those brakes.

I'd better see a whole endurance prototype package, starting from a tiny barquette such as the Norma M20 or Osella with a motorbike or >2L engine. Then a LMP2 like car and 2 LMP1-like cars, one open, one closed (we don't need diesel engine though !) with slightly different physics. I'd see the closed one more aero efficient and faster in the long straight while the open one would be slightly lighter.
Quote from Tomi :the FO8 is the best looking open wheel in LFS. It's clean shape makes it look better than the other. A bit like mid 1990's F1 cars.

The GP2 are ugly. They are made too look like the modern F1 cars which look even uglier. The modern F1 cars are crippled with stupid and ugly aero accessories. They looks stupid because the modern F1 regulation are much too restrictive and doesn't permit the engineer to make better design. So they need those external devices to correct the flaws.

The FO8 should stay as it is. If you want a GP2, ask for a new ugly car. No need to spoil the FO8.

We have a good range of openwheels. I'd only add a champcar like car, a bit heavier and longer than a Formula 1 but with a more powerful turbo (yet less efficient in the low revs) engine and steel brakes. F1 cars are fast but not much fun to race because passing is always difficult with those brakes.

I'd better see a whole endurance prototype package, starting from a tiny barquette such as the Norma M20 or Osella with a motorbike or >2L engine. Then a LMP2 like car and 2 LMP1-like cars, one open, one closed (we don't need diesel engine though !) with slightly different physics. I'd see the closed one more aero efficient and faster in the long straight while the open one would be slightly lighter.

+1 to that..
offtopic:
and +a million to the last bit.. endurance prototype cars / sportscars would make the best addition ever.
/offtopic
Quote from Sponge :+1 to that..
offtopic:
and +a million to the last bit.. endurance prototype cars / sportscars would make the best addition ever.
/offtopic

+1 Endurance cars woud be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
#42 - aoun
I know LFS feels like its dead, but i know there is a huge series of packages going to be released, IMO, another track or two + another car or two before the final release of S2. Then S3 will start to have ranges of cars.

We all know in the end, there will be Le Mans cars, more GT cars, at least 1 rally car, at least an oval car and a few others. The devs have tested cars and have said they have, including karts.

Thats what i think, keep tight, stay steady. I'm not making no judgments or car suggestions until S2 final is released.

GP2 to replace F08 ?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG