The online racing simulator
top speeds
(366 posts, started )
Yesterday my brother was going 160 km/h down the freeway in his 1986 Toyota Corolla(station wagon version). Was much more fun going 130 km/h down some of the side roads and private streets nearby.
1 or 2 years ago,I went with the brother of my friend in his Pontiac Sunfire(don't remember the year) and we went at 200 km/h on highway but the car didn't wanted to go higher.
Quote from G!NhO :
He did a race against a Hayabusa on the autobahn and he could keep up with it all the way to 300 kmh.

Lol no.

Just driving fast in a straight line is pretty boring. Fastest 0-60 on the other hand is around 4 secs in my dads kit car, that is fun.
Reading some of the posts in this thread, i hope i'll never meet you guys on a road IRL!
Quote from pb32000 :Lol no.

Just driving fast in a straight line is pretty boring. Fastest 0-60 on the other hand is around 4 secs in my dads kit car, that is fun.

I think the bmw could do 0-60 in around the same time, we also drove on a normal road with speed limit 60 kph but we were doing 180 kph LOL
Not too long ago, I found the limiter on my RX8 at 150mph. Beat my previous PB by 16mph
Quote from G!NhO :we also drove on a normal road with speed limit 60 kph but we were doing 180 kph LOL

You could end up in jail for doing this...

What is kinda scary, is that you think it's funny. Please do the world a favour, and switch to public transport, or learn to drive with respect for other lifes. Before you really hurt someone.

I'm not going to call you an idiot or something similar... since it's obvious already (plus, it's not nice to do so).
The fastest I've gone was 180 kp/h. But that was with my snowmobile, not a car. I lived at Svalbard (Spitzbergen) last spring, so of course owning a snowmobile was pretty much a mandatory thing. I bought an Arctic Cat Jaguar Z1 1100cc 123 HP four-stroke snowmobile. Even though it did make a quite significant dent in my economy (those things drop in value like a stone..) it was definitely worth it. A life time experience. I can tell you, it's quite an adrenaline rush to go full speed on the sea ice or in the long, flat valleys.. one little bump and you're dead.
Well that BMW is just like any other chavcar here in belgium, holland when they think they are cool and have a Remus exhaust. No way again that u guys could have hold on with that Hayabusa:smash3d:

So there is a E30 engine in it?
Topped out my Ford Focus 1.6l at 125mph

Also got a 1.25l Toyota Yaris up to 121mph
Suzuki hayabusa 180bhp - 220kg (ish) power to weight = 831.32
now for that bmw to have a power to weight that will match that (if the bmw weighed in at 1400kg) it would need to make 1150bhp.

Can you say pwnage
But power-to-weight doesn't mean that much - a super-light Kit Car will beat a Bugatti Veyron by that measure, but I doubt the Kit Car has the power to hit 250 MPH...
The hayabusa is just..... amazing. I haven't been on one yet, and if I had the opportunity, I'd probably hesitate.
I've been riding for only a year but I think I'd be ok riding a Hayabusa, I'd just have to find the right place to open it up! I'm sure it's a rediculous amount faster than my bike, and it would certainly take some getting used to... Mine has about 75hp, fastest bike I've ridden had 120hp, and that wasn't scary fast, just really quick. I'm sure a Hayabusa or a modern litrebike WOULD be scary fast

Quote from Jakg :But power-to-weight doesn't mean that much - a super-light Kit Car will beat a Bugatti Veyron by that measure, but I doubt the Kit Car has the power to hit 250 MPH...

Yes, of course, once you get above a certain speed, power to drag ratio is what's important. It's interesting to see a comparison on track between an Atom and an M5 (which is somewhere on www.dpcars.net). The M5 set the better laptime just because it was reaching a significantly higher speed on the straights.
Quote from Scrabby :Well that BMW is just like any other chavcar here in belgium, holland when they think they are cool and have a Remus exhaust. No way again that u guys could have hold on with that Hayabusa:smash3d:

So there is a E30 engine in it?

it had a 480 hp engine 3,5l V6 i think
Quote from G!NhO :it had a 480 hp engine 3,5l V6 i think

V6? I never knew they made a V6 tbh. The engine in mine is just a stock 3.2 inline 6. Its about 320hp.
hmmm M3 E30 DTM
2.5L, 375BHP, 4cilinder engine
or it has an engine from a different brand, but i still don't belive this crap
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :V6? I never knew they made a V6 tbh. The engine in mine is just a stock 3.2 inline 6. Its about 320hp.

3,5l inline 6 it was then, i said "i think" :P

but Scrabby it is treu, you can't believe me if you want but then you are wrong.
Quote from G!NhO :3,5l inline 6 it was then :P

But its a DTM engine right?

I thought it was a 4 cylinder engine for DTM?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :But its a DTM engine right?

I thought it was a 4 cylinder engine for DTM?

yes it was some kind of dtm engine he had the papers of it and all that shit, but it really was a 3.5l inline 6 or V6
Quote from G!NhO :yes it was some kind of dtm engine he had the papers of it and all that shit, but it really was a 3.5l inline 6 or V6

Oh right. Can you get some pictures of the engine? Im curious what the DTm engine looks like.
How many cars do you need Mr. French?!
give us pics of the engine then (same what Nathan asked xD)
or doesn't your "uncle" allows that?

@Jakg: His dad is a car dealer so it isn't a big deal
Quote from Jakg :How many cars do you need Mr. French?!

M3 is the car im going to be using when i pass my test. Atm, im just modifying it a little bit (no boyracer crap like "OmGZZZ LEXUSH LITES!!", so far, just done performance intake, full exhaust system, stereo things like 6x9's and a sub. I take it you know about the mini so i wont go on about that. The pug is a project. I bought it with a blown engine yesterday. So im going to rebuild it and use that for work, as the M3 is hellish on fuel.
You have an M3 as your first car?

I'll keep a look out for your name in the obituaries then.

top speeds
(366 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG