The online racing simulator
#1 - Panik
Clutch issues - MOMO + Microsoft
Something just isnt right.

I have my momo-pedals for breaking and throttle spearate. Now I want one of my Microsoft-pedals to act as clutch. The problem is that they are not separate, but combined. No matter what I do LFS will always seem to think that;

No press on pedals = "halfclutch".
Press on pedal A = No clutch
Press on pedal B = Full clutch.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I tried DXTweak to no sucess.
#2 - avih
There's an issue with the sidewinder drivers. The built in driver for the sidewinder on windows XP doesn NOT support separate axis. You have to install the original driver that came with the sidewinder CD (or possibly a little later version of it) and it only support win 98 officially. Different ppl have different experience with such installation. For some it work, for some it doesn't. Sometimes a special registry fix is needed too.

You can search the "old" LFS forum on RSC for "sidewinder axis registry" and you'll come up with relevant threads.
#3 - Panik
Thanks!

I finally understood how DXTweak2 was meant to work, so now I've manually re-calibrated it so I only have one axis. Works pretty good actually.
I have a similiar problem:

I have a new DFP, plus an old one. I'd like to use the old set of pedals along with the new ones (to have a clutch). Problem is, where do I plug in the old pedals? Obviously the DFP only has room to input 1 set of pedals.
The game port? Wouldn't really fit. It has 9 pins, but the pedals' have 7 pins. Should I cut off the plug and stick a new one on? (with 9 pins). I need advice
#5 - Panik
Quote from szyszek :I have a similiar problem:

I have a new DFP, plus an old one. I'd like to use the old set of pedals ...

Im not quite sure I understand you. Just plug in you old DFP with the USB, and windows should auto-detect it. Voilá! You have 4 pedals, 2 wheels and a whole lotta buttons. =)

Unless you have a gameport connection that is?
#6 - stay
yup, plug the complete 2nd DFP unit into another USB port and use whichever pedals, buttons, whatever on the 2nd unit with LFS.

Means you have a bit more hardware lying about than you might prefer, but aside from that it works a treat
I've sucsessfully used two different clutch setups for LFS;

DFP + MOMO(clutch) i simply left my momo plugged in the morning MY DFP arrived and just reasingned the axis

DFP + microsoft i had the same problem as panik but worked out if you simply recalibrate the microsoft pedals without touching the throttle (use the brake as the clutch) and voila you got single pedal operation.

works for me but i do have the 'spare pedal' between the brale and clutch so LFB is a bit of a stretch.
worth every bit of time it takes to get it workin' tho'
Where can you find an ms ff wheel? I need the pedals because my momo ones piss me off too much. This time the throttle was spiking so I taped it so it wouldn't move, and cleaned it. Then when the race started my brake pedal was spiking so I gave up.
#9 - Misko
What does connectior for pedals look like on MOMO and DFP? Is it the same as mini DIN? I'm not sure if mini DIN what it is exactly but it looks very much like that on my Guellemot wheel. Asking that if my old pedals could be just pluged into a new Logitech wheel (that I don't have yet ).
#10 - Gunn
Quote from Misko :What does connectior for pedals look like on MOMO and DFP? Is it the same as mini DIN? I'm not sure if mini DIN what it is exactly but it looks very much like that on my Guellemot wheel. Asking that if my old pedals could be just pluged into a new Logitech wheel (that I don't have yet ).

Plug the old WHEEL into a USB port. Plug the old PEDALS into the old wheel. Just set both controllers up as normal. Whether or not a different brand pedals will work depends mainly on the pin-outs of the cable. Inside the pedal set is nothing except a couple of pots and the wires for the cable. There is no electronic ciruitry etc to worry about. Some brands of pedals are wired for only combined axis and nothing short of a re-wire will change that. The DFP and MOMO pedals use a standard 9-pin connector, but two pins are absent (not required). Another potential issue is one of the potentiometers (pots) Logitech use only crappy 10k ohms resistance. If your other pedals use 100k ohms resistance you may find that they don't work very well (assuming that they plug in correctly in the first place). I'm unsure if the pot range is "hard-coded" into the driver and hardware or if a simple driver re-installation will work.
Thank you very much. I was already aware of most of the things you said here, but thanks again. Clear and helpful.

I guess I'll just have to try and see if it works, or opening up and checking if pots are the same. I can't check the wiring. But I don't think anything could go wrong if wiring or pots resistance is not correct? It would just work or wouldn't work or wouldn't work well? No damage could be done?

These pedals are set in the driver for combined or separate axis so... half of the wiring probelm is gone it seems. It's the Guillemot Ferarri Force Feedback Wheel and I'm quite liking the pedals and they still work well, so I'm considering backup solutions if Logitech's pedals turn out to be a pain as I read everywhere. Of course, plugging both wheels normally is the safest.
#12 - Gunn
Quote from Misko :Thank you very much. I was already aware of most of the things you said here, but thanks again. Clear and helpful.

I guess I'll just have to try and see if it works, or opening up and checking if pots are the same. I can't check the wiring. But I don't think anything could go wrong if wiring or pots resistance is not correct? It would just work or wouldn't work or wouldn't work well? No damage could be done?

These pedals are set in the driver for combined or separate axis so... half of the wiring probelm is gone it seems. It's the Guillemot Ferarri Force Feedback Wheel and I'm quite liking the pedals and they still work well, so I'm considering backup solutions if Logitech's pedals turn out to be a pain as I read everywhere. Of course, plugging both wheels normally is the safest.

No you won't damage anything if the pots are a different resistance they will just have a very short range.

That old Ferrari wheel wasn't too bad in its day actually. I know several people who were very happy with it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG