The online racing simulator

Poll : What type of internet connection do you have?

cable / adsl with download less or equal to 2048 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 1024 kbits
cable / adsl with download more than 4096 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 512 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 4096 kbits
other (some direct form of connection - usually very fast Smile" /> )
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 256 kbits
Dial-up modem
Only internet at work, not at home
#51 - Smax
2mbps/256kbps ADSL home

Uni God alone knows, huuuuuuuuge connection... enough to serve the 2 main sections of the campus and all 5 city centre halls of residence at once.
#52 - Jakg
at school we have two computer rooms (each with 30 pc's) and a number of the computers from the old it room spread about the school (theres about 120 of them!) so we have ~150 Pc's for 950 Pupils, and somehow we get by on 8mpbs/?, which is ok for light googling, but the S2 demo has become a popular download, and the interent is often waaaay slower than dialup for end users!
4.096/1.024 kbit/s cable...works fine..
I have 600 down 150 up i get within 250-300 ms for euro servers and 60-70 to brazilian servers.
very crappy crappy crappy cable that the whole neighbourhood uses and is branched off to 4 computers in this household that are generally always downloading stuff.

it's crap.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yay for thread resurrection!

PS: Victors avatar is cool

So I see

The muppets are excellent! Not sure what that characters name is though
edit: It's Sam the Eagle. Is there anything Wikipedia doesn't know

My connection - 1Mb down / 256Kb up - TalkTalk ISP.
Usually a 40-60ms ping for dSRC servers and most other european servers.

Also, like many other people are saying, 56k worked perfectly well for me in LFS, although I never had it with auto Skin downloading. Wonderful netcode.
ADSL Flat
(T-DSL1000)
ADSL 8Mbps down and 512kbps up
Quote from Jakg :at school we have two computer rooms (each with 30 pc's) and a number of the computers from the old it room spread about the school (theres about 120 of them!) so we have ~150 Pc's for 950 Pupils, and somehow we get by on 8mpbs/?, which is ok for light googling, but the S2 demo has become a popular download, and the interent is often waaaay slower than dialup for end users!

Not to piss on the LFS frenzy at your school, but the sysadmin needs to start kicking some arses if its affecting user productivity.
#60 - Vain
Productivity and schools? You've got something mixed up, really!

Vain
I voted ( Some other Speed ) as atm I have 2048, but end of this month, I get FREE, yes, I said FREEEEEEEEE upgrade to 8mb
Be a little bit carefull there Fordie, I have been hearing things about 8MB and interleaving, apparently it will increase pings by 20-40ms.

I have also been offered an upgrade to 8MB at the end of the month (free too), but I am gonna hang fire untill I have heard more about it.

Dan,
Quote from Vain :Productivity and schools? You've got something mixed up, really!

I didn't say who's productivity
comcast cable here
Quote from the_angry_angel :<3 Blueyonder for the recent upgrades

Although the 4Mb package still only has a measly 386Kb upload

Yea, I rember english ISPs, they sucked pretty bad.
Now here in the US you have 32,768 kilobits (Or 4MB) down, and 2,048 kilobits (Or 256KB) Up. Tho I only see 1.4MB at the most download (Most servers just don't go faster then that) and for some reasion I can burst all of the way up to 10MB a second. I have uploaded at 256.2 KB, but I normaly only see 192KB.

From SMART FTP :
[15:19:31] STOR LFS_S2_ALPHA_Q.zip
[15:19:31] 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
[15:29:55] 121735168 bytes transferred. (190 KB/s) (00:10:24)

(121735168 / ((60 * 10) + 24)) / 1024 = 190.516026
ADSL finally became available the other day. Ordered the fastest we can get in new zealand right now which is 2mbps down 128k up with 80gigs a month bandwidth. Will get upgraded to 3.5mbps down and 256k up next month hopefully as the government is forcing telecom to up the speeds.
2MBit down / 192kbit up flatrate. But next week I'm gonna have a 3Mbit down / 192kbit up so I already took the new speed in this poll.
Sorry to drag this post up from the dead, but just to say (and enlarge my e-penis) I'm staying in halls at Soton Uni now and I've just downloaded Vista RC2 (roughly 2.6GB) in 12 mins, which I guess is about 30Mbps download
Wow, a little bit quick then.
Quote from pb32000 :Sorry to drag this post up from the dead, but just to say (and enlarge my e-penis) I'm staying in halls at Soton Uni now and I've just downloaded Vista RC2 (roughly 2.6GB) in 12 mins, which I guess is about 30Mbps download

Sounds about as fast as I the connection I had in the Soton Solent Uni. Should never have moved away.. [/offtopic][/spam][/pissed]
I have a 1mb connection, but download stuff @ 240kb/s should'nt I download like 100kb/s?
Quote from Xaid0n :I have a 1mb connection, but download stuff @ 240kb/s should'nt I download like 100kb/s?

I guess your with ntl this happen to me 2 nights ago they must of upgraded you for free and not told you
#73 - Jakg
Quote from Xaid0n :I have a 1mb connection, but download stuff @ 240kb/s should'nt I download like 100kb/s?

more like 120 really - with my 8 mbit i get up to 1,100 KB/s, but it normally depends on the server (ie physical location etc)
6mbit down, 1 mbit up ADSL.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :and I was playing 1nsane online

You're the first one I ever meet that actually played that online (besides me).. what a great game
Still a hit on LAN parties, especially the CTF games
#75 - Jakg
have 1nsane (well used to), never knew it did online but i can only imagine how good it was!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG