The online racing simulator
LFS 2 years from now...
(62 posts, started )
LFS 2 years from now...
Ill be looking back to this say, saying "hey Bruno (LFS addict RL friend), remember when LFS was in S2 and the car deformation was a funny thing? or when it didnt had aero physics... it soo much cooler now!"

this is in no way a suggestion or a beg to the devs or anything. im just waiting to LFS to download... at 0.6kbps

damn im proud to be a S2 owner... aren't you???

EDIT: i was just reading BallBearingTurbo's GTR2 Analisys (wich is pretty accurate by the way man)
... and... im just happy!!!!!
PS: According to BallBearingTurbo, Playing GTR2 its like cheating on your wife... (LFS). dont do it!
LFS 2 years from now...
... we will be playing S2 Beta instead of Alpha...
Quote from Rotary :... we will be playing S2 Beta instead of Alpha...

Are you sure of that?
Quote from Rotary :... we will be playing S2 Beta instead of Alpha...

LOL!!!!!! Yet, I would not at all be surprised if that was not true!
LOL

I hope it'll be a bit better... maybe we'll have some basic (non-dynamic) weather by then?
LFS 2 years from now...
...will not be anywhere near finished.
LFS 2 years from now will be, LFS 2 years from now thats what it will be
I prefer to imagine LFS 10 years from now
2 Years from now all the servers will be cruise servers except for 1.
Quote from Unforgiven :2 Years from now all the servers will be cruise servers except for 1.

And that will be drift.
2 years from now it will look exactly the same.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I prefer to imagine LFS 10 years from now

...and still be dreaming of the beta version.. whilst we read the menu screen in 10 new martian languages!

Regards,

Ian
2 years from now ill still like it lol
Two years from now i'm afraid i don't care. I will be driving IRacing, if this rate of development is continued .

My humble opinion is that the devs should have employed one or two more to speed up things when the whole thing really took of a few years ago.

But hey, i could be wrong. Scawen might have a surprise coming
Ah but you see, unlike iRentals subscription model, the one off fee means LFS generates maximum profit if you buy a licence and then start playing another game. So in that sense, people leaving won't hurt LFS. So long as there is a continuous source of fresh players to keep servers busy, of course. That potentially doesn't have good long term aspects for online driving standards, though.
Quote from Bob Smith :Ah but you see, unlike iRentals subscription model, the one off fee means LFS generates maximum profit if you buy a licence and then start playing another game. So in that sense, people leaving won't hurt LFS. So long as there is a continuous source of fresh players to keep servers busy, of course. That potentially doesn't have good long term aspects for online driving standards, though.

iRental
Yes but i'm not going to buy S3 Alpha when its released in may 2015..
hm... I made a break of more than 2 years. From April 06 till April 08 i never touched the game. Now I still drive again, and it makes a lot of fun... BUT: not many things changed. 2 or 3 new cars.

I'm a bit dissapointed, because a programm still got many points, where something has to be done. I paid for this game, so I expect a development process, that is much faster than this...

so I agree to the statement of james12s... It will look the same in 2 years. A funny game, but not a serious racing simulation. The possibilities are great, but in a 24h race there has to be a night and in a rain race there has to be rain...
Quote from SabersKunk :2 years from now it will look exactly the same.

I will agree with that, well we may have a mongolian language pack and other things we dont want.

I seem to be doing more and more rFactor and GTR2 lately, more cars, real tracks, i prefer LFS but its developement is just far to slow.
2 years from now they Improvement Suggestion forum is gone, the demo is 2 month limited and LFS S2 racers are more happy
Quote from Scrabby :2 years from now they Improvement Suggestion forum is gone, the demo is 2 month limited and LFS S2 racers are more happy

:iagree:
I honestly don't understand the big fuss about the development speed of this game. Even if the devs dropped LFS today and left it to die on the vine, I'd still play it for another couple years at least. The game is fun in its present form; as long as there are populated racing servers to join I'll still drive it and have a blast doing so.

I'm not saying there aren't aspects of this sim which couldn't be improved, but it's developed enough to feel complete. I'm a satisfied LFS customer. Anything extra the devs give me is a bonus to be appreciated.
Quote from Luiii :hm... I made a break of more than 2 years. From April 06 till April 08 i never touched the game. Now I still drive again, and it makes a lot of fun... BUT: not many things changed. 2 or 3 new cars.

I'm a bit dissapointed, because a programm still got many points, where something has to be done. I paid for this game, so I expect a development process, that is much faster than this...

so I agree to the statement of james12s... It will look the same in 2 years. A funny game, but not a serious racing simulation. The possibilities are great, but in a 24h race there has to be a night and in a rain race there has to be rain...

I'm not sure why everyone complains about the "lack of cars" I think it's great that there are a limited number of cars. Look at the problems that Forza2 and GT5:P have online. People only use about 8 different cars anyways because they are the fastest, then eveyone else complains that everyone else is "cheating" by using the fastest cars in the class. Its almost impossible to race online in rFactor unless you have every mod ever made installed because theres 1,000 rooms with 2 people in each. Thats not fun racing to me.

People want more tracks, but most can't even be competative on all the tracks we have now.

Everyone shouts about rain, but half these racers can't even stay on the track for 10 laps at a race pace on dry pavement. The novelty of racing in the rain will wear thin very quickly.

Frankly I could also care less about day/night transitions. It may be nice, but I'd rather have the most amazing racing game than a beauty queen.

But thats just my 2 cents. This wasn't directed at Luiii directly, but his post brought the ideas up.
LFS two years from now...
...would have two additional cars and some extra Aston and South City configurations. And the patch names will have Japanese letters after Z.
In two years LFS will be taken over by militant 13 year old cruisers and drifters, and thus the great LFS "Racer War" will begin. Rebel factions, led by TristianCliffe, will launch offensive attacks from the CTRA server, daring to do the unthinkable and actually, you know, race online.
The war will be long and drawn out, taking many online casualties and splintering into many factions. Eventually, the racer faction will win the overall war, and the creators of cruising will be brought to justice, their servers destroyed, their LFS licenses stripped away, and will be forced, on pain of death, to talk to everyone they encounter in real life or online with AOL speak.

Oh, and in 10 years the GTR interiors will be almost completed, probably on patch S2 Beta .5ZXB336G
S2 beta will have been released and someone will have found a way to use s2 cars in demo servers the make all demo users jelous.

LFS 2 years from now...
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG