The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you like to see Istanbul Park on Live For Speed?

Yes
No
#1 - resat
Formula1 Istanbul Park as a new Track?
Dear Devs,

As you can remember, Istanbul/Turkey entered the Formula 1 Calender last year and here are some testimonials:

"This is absolutely going to be the best track."
Mr. Bernie ECCLESTONE

"It will be a very nice track. It is a bit strange to walk on the soil where the main straight will eventually be but we can see that things are shaping up. The amount of work that has been done in such a short period of time is very impressive."
Mark WEBBER / BMW Williams Team Pilot

"Excellent track. Can't wait the GP in Istanbul".
David Coulthard / Red Bull Racing Pilot

Few weeks ago we hosted the Le Mans race, DTM Race and MotoGP race at the same Circuit..

It would be great to see our circuit in Live For Speed because Istanbul Park is really a challenging circuit for racers..

I'm attaching the speed plan for our circuit and hope that you all will consider our offer worth evaluation...

http://www.formula1-istanbul.com/f1/images/speed-tr.swf

And here is the offical website for Istanbul Park:

http://www.formula1-istanbul.com/f1/en/

Thank you
Seems that since the coming of a real car in the sim lot of people begin to ask for other real car/tracks..Why that guys?illepall
You can ask of SIMILAR track, with so much altitude changes, with more technical section (like on another thread present here) but no for Istambul track!
Because If you do so I can ask for Laguna Seca, another can ask for Nurburgring, some other for Imola, and why not Sepang, Monza or...all the championship tracks?!!??
Let the devs continue their work without pushing them to think we need real track/cars, because that will only increase the number of people coming from racing games and not sim lovers..and reproducing a real track I think is expensive for licences.
Istanbul Park would be a nice track, as many other real tracks. The question is if the track owners are negotiable.
Why don't we have the current tracks finished before we start asking for new tracks?

I guess we'll have updates on Westhill and Kyoto at least, also Fern Bay might be updated as well.
Some of the race organizations on İstanbul Park.

Le Mans Endurance Series.

Moto Grand Prix

World Series by Renault

Formula 1

FIA WTCC
-----------------------------

We want to see "Istanbul Park" track on LFS
#6 - Vain
There are better tracks out there.
Of course I'd be all for this track, if we could get this track *and* other tracks. But we only have one track-designer and thus it's an this track *or* another track.
I didn't yet speak about license fees for such a track, but we know that discussion.

It's an F1 track. HOW BORING!!!

Vain
#7 - Ultay
Of course i would like to see Istanbul park very nice and challenging track, as many as the others.But,this is said, if we say a track's name which we like, other ppl want to say another track's name.I think, we need a track challenging like "İstanbul Park".Istanbul Park has rising up/down parts, fast and hard corners etc. hmmm.. if it can be , i would like to see "Istanbul Park".But i think a track challenging like Istanbul Park is more useful for everyone
#8 - ajp71
Putting the real track issue aside. Istanbul is an extremely boring, wide modern track. Just like all new F1 tracks it is built for big single seaters and anything else will just feel lost on it. There are plenty of better tracks (real or fictional) than Istanbul/Indy RC/Sepang/Bahrain/China/Dubai etc.
#9 - joen
I really don't care for real tracks in LFS, in fact I prefer fictional tracks.
And most of the newer F1 tracks are indeed quite boring.
If you examine the tracks in LFS you will notice that a lot of turns are based on the ones in real tracks anyway.
I would like to see the existing tracks being completed first. Westhill should have more configs and I would definitely like Blackwood to be expanded.
So a no for me
Track inclusion template:

Was it designed by Herman Tilker
|\
| \Yes - Boring, dull, unchallenging, samey, boring, more time spent on facilities than track design etc. etc. etc. NO!
|
No - Does it have multiple configurations
|\
| \ No - Too much work for little reward
|
Yes - Can LFS get a license to use the track
|\
| \ No - Take the great corners and put them in a fictional track
|
Yes - Marvellous, but are we sure it isn't another Herman Tilker monstricity?
|\
| \ No - Don't risk it.
|
Yes - I offered to make tracks for the devs, I put my team at their disposal, but they didn't reply so you'll just have to wait to see what they produce in house.
It would be very nice to have Real Tracks in Lfs but this ist too much Time Work for a little Team of Devs.
I think we can do this self if S3 is ready. Let the Devs do her Work to Complete this Game First.

But its always a nice Idea to Drive with >LFS Engine< on Real Worlds Tracks.
#12 - JTbo
It is too wide and too fast/long straights so I would like to see some more narrow and twisty track with challenging set of corners, would be much more fun to race.
Quote from JTbo :It is too wide and too fast/long straights so I would like to see some more narrow and twisty track with challenging set of corners, would be much more fun to race.

I just examined the track, there are a lot of corners, slow corners and some straits with an slow corner at the end for overtaking. I think it is just the type of track which is missing for the F1 car.

But i have to agree with others, there are more great tracks. But we really need a few tracks which are suitable for the F1 car.

But how can someone ask for more small twisty tracks in lfs? While nearly all tracks in lfs are already small and twisty Please explain
#14 - JTbo
Quote from Bluebird B B :I just examined the track, there are a lot of corners, slow corners and some straits with an slow corner at the end for overtaking. I think it is just the type of track which is missing for the F1 car.

But i have to agree with others, there are more great tracks. But we really need a few tracks which are suitable for the F1 car.

But how can someone ask for more small twisty tracks in lfs? While nearly all tracks in lfs are already small and twisty Please explain

Small and twisty is Fernbay Club and specially when running reversed configuration it is what I like, twisty track is not track that has one corner straight other corner straight, it need to be corner leading to another where you need to learn how to drive in corners, not acceleration contest as Blackwood is for example.

Also track need to flow, with this I mean that it is not brake turn accelerate, but more smooth, you need to carry speed over places.

In LFS only shortest tracks are twisty tracks, also there is only fernbay that has configuration that is narrow without walls right next to tarmac.

Of course tracks what I would like to see would not suit you as those would be quite impossible to drive with F1 car, if possible then not enjoyable as there is quite same if there is 800 or 300hp, some drivers will beat those monsters with even less power.

F1 tracks are almost all two times too wide, they have too much straight or then walls next to tarmac. Good tracks are found somewhere else, smaller sports, closer to hobby than profession are seen from these good tracks.

But I do think that anything over 200bhp in a car is too much, so you understand that my priorities are quite different from this F1 mania that is going on
You can't count how good or bad a track is by 'oh it's got some corners'. Tilker tracks have constant radius, maybe opening (NEVER tightening), lightly banked corners. Mostly loooooooooooooong straights to fit the latest flashy building symbolising of political correctness in then a few harpins. Great tracks like Mallory have nasty corners, maybe off camber, downhill, no run off area etc. The best tracks have almost flat corners rather than easilly flat corners.

And great tracks (the 'ring, Spa, Cadwell) actually have hills.
The Istambul Park track is GREAT!

Yeah, designed by that sorry-ass excuse of a track designer called Hermann Tilke, but he did hit the nail on that one. The track has lots of overtaking spots, plus the 8th turn is gonna drive most people mad (it has FOUR apexes and in F1 cars they drive it flat out!)

It has NOTHING to do with the boring layouts of Sepang, Shanghai, or the new Hockenheim-Nurburgring designs. It's much better than that.

So it would be a good addition.
Quote from Becky Rose :Track inclusion template:

Was it designed by Herman Tilker
|\
| \Yes - Boring, dull, unchallenging, samey, boring, more time spent on facilities than track design etc. etc. etc. NO!
|
No - Does it have multiple configurations
|\
| \ No - Too much work for little reward
|
Yes - Can LFS get a license to use the track
|\
| \ No - Take the great corners and put them in a fictional track
|
Yes - Marvellous, but are we sure it isn't another Herman Tilker monstricity?
|\
| \ No - Don't risk it.
|
Yes - I offered to make tracks for the devs, I put my team at their disposal, but they didn't reply so you'll just have to wait to see what they produce in house.

The only problem with tilke tracks is that there are too long straights. Not all of the tilke tracks are dull, the new hockenhiem is unforgivable though.

And westhill has 1 configuration only. Although that will probably change.
I think there's nothing wrong with one or two combination tracks. If you make a single layout track you don't have to do as much modeling
I made the Bahrain International circuit in autocross (it's not great but it resembles it a bit)
I was thinking of making an F1 layout pack so if there's people who want some of the tracks I could make them (not an awesome version though)
To me it sounds like he's offering the "license" of the track to the LFS devs, I know it sounds kinda strange, but is it only to me it sounds this way?
It does actually.
Quote from LFSTurkey :Some of the race organizations on İstanbul Park.

Le Mans Endurance Series.

Moto Grand Prix

World Series by Renault

Formula 1

FIA WTCC
-----------------------------

We want to see "Istanbul Park" track on LFS

Yes, We (Turkey) want to see Istanbul Park on LFS S3
Well, I guess you can't blame him for not using the search function!!!
Quote from Drift31 :Yes, We (Turkey) want to see Istanbul Park on LFS S3

Well, no one asked me if I wanted Istanbul Park in S3, so make it Turkey - 1.

First buy S2, there are more tracks there. Try them all, and then ask for more content.

Posting in a 2 year old thread is another issue though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG