The online racing simulator
How do i block youtube in FF?
(18 posts, started )
Best way to do it is to block the youtube domain (or, if you fancy, the various IPs) through your router's interface. Alternatively, if you want to be really clever, you could just implement some traffic shaping to slow his access a bit.
the same happens to me when my sister gets on youtube but when she gets on the other cpu i get off mine lol.
get adblock plugin and add youtube to the filter. You'll be able to visit the site, but none of the vids will show up.
ok, I got a pretty much similar problem...

There's the situation, my PC is connected to the internet (well, duh) via built in network card, I installed a second network card, and plugged my sister's comp (next door) into it, to give her internet too, it all went well, and sharing internet works... until she got that blasted webcam and started chatting for friggin HOURS (up to 6 hrs of non stop noninformative bullsh... EVERY BLASTED EVENING)...

my net speeds fall more than by 60% of what I get in the morning, when she's not on skype. how can I limit her without having to choke her boyfriend with that webcam's wire to prevent him from giving her another one?
Quote :without having to choke her boyfriend with that webcam's wire to prevent him from giving her another one?

Pff , why not ? We're Latvians , that's what we do ...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you redirect youtube.com to 127.0.0.1 in a hosts file?
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12 : duplicate
#9 - STF
Quote from squidhead :ok, I got a pretty much similar problem...

choose.
i personally have used Bandwidth Management and Firewall (by softengines).. back then when it was freeware, 1.1.0 version.
Quote from STF :choose.
i personally have used Bandwidth Management and Firewall (by softengines).. back then when it was freeware, 1.1.0 version.

thanks mate!
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you redirect youtube.com to 127.0.0.1 in a hosts file?

Yeah, this is the easiest way.
I say, hide his Jaffacakes
Control it through the router, then when he cries to Mum, she won't have the vaguest idea what's going on.

If your not sure how, google your router/modem, they'l be a setting to control network traffic by ip. Set a fixed ip on his/her machine and give it the lowest priority.

If your subtle, they'll never notice. I've had to do this to my daughters machine and all she does is complain how slow the internet is. ROFL !!!!!!

LFS is definetley priority traffic
Quote from squidhead :ok, I got a pretty much similar problem...

There's the situation, my PC is connected to the internet (well, duh) via built in network card, I installed a second network card, and plugged my sister's comp (next door) into it, to give her internet too, it all went well, and sharing internet works... until she got that blasted webcam and started chatting for friggin HOURS (up to 6 hrs of non stop noninformative bullsh... EVERY BLASTED EVENING)...

my net speeds fall more than by 60% of what I get in the morning, when she's not on skype. how can I limit her without having to choke her boyfriend with that webcam's wire to prevent him from giving her another one?

Join her webcam chat session in the nude, that might make her get rid of the webcam....
Quote from Tweaker :Join her webcam chat session in the nude, that might make her get rid of the webcam....

Incest - a game the whole family can play.
Quote from bigcheese :Pff , why not ? We're Latvians , that's what we do ...

I thought that was Serb's
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Niko: go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ on his computer. Open the 'hosts' file in notepad, and add '127.0.0.1 *inserturlhere*', and save it. You brother won't be able to visit those websites, he'll get the impression that they're down.
ha
Quote from hrtburnout :Niko: go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ on his computer. Open the 'hosts' file in notepad, and add '127.0.0.1 *inserturlhere*', and save it. You brother won't be able to visit those websites, he'll get the impression that they're down.

That is win. I should try it when I get my laptop for LFS.

How do i block youtube in FF?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG