The online racing simulator
More spectators needed
(11 posts, started )
More spectators needed
What do you think about adding some resources to LFS in order to grow up the number of spectators for the races running on the server? Maybe you are restricted by the server capacity in data transmission through internet, but it could be solved connecting 2 or more different servers, one of them keeping the real race with one player being the connection to the other server. More spectators could lead to better results over announces on the outdoors. Maybe you could make a small program opened to the people who are interested in watching the races without having the license. It could increase the interest in the games, raising sales. To participate, you should buy a license. For those who had the license, they could see live the championships, and it could lead the racers to the world of fame, like real races. The more spectators we have, the more famous they will be.
The reason for me to giving this suggestion to you is that I think the game is so real that it can be compared to the real races. I like watching the games, and some racers are even my friends. As this game is like real life, it may be following the same rules. Maybe you could think about that and maybe you could do one thing that nobody ever did before. Guys, your game is almost perfect on the multiplayer mode, you should work on more resources to catch more public.
Best regards,

JIMBRA - BRAZIL
But wouldnt actualy love to watch a F1 race in there right.

I believe his point is more like the 'show' of racing

And by the way i'm expecting that tv broadcast will be real for lfs one of this days
#4 - Vain
There's a german channel that broastcasts LFS races once in a while. One of the last EPS-races (Aston GP / LX6) was shown with a commentator going through the (12 hours old) replay and explained LFS and the ongoing race. They do that kind of things once in a while. I'm sure the next 24h-race will get some live-streaming.

Vain
Weard thing
yes, the LFS spectator unfortunately isn't an interesting thing to watch for those who wanna see a race with the image quality LFS provides, sound, and also with the commands LFS offers to a spectator. Despite the idea is great. The LFS spectator understands that there should not be restrictions to the number of spectators in a race. You could have 100 spectators, but it could not interfere on the racers' connections, because all the data could come from others servers. But this number should also be unlimited for those spectators running the sim. But, in this case, if there is a vacancy, you could participate.
The problem is that today we probably don't have how to spectate a championship when it occurs. So if you are not qualified to a race, you cannot even be a spectator if there is no vacant situations.
Server is always full
When I want to see the local championship and the racers performance the server is almost always full!!!
#7 - Chaos
what we need is a clone of the HalfLife TV... game-server > spectator-server > hundreds of spectators... this way the game-server's load is raised like only one spectator was connected...
Quote from Chaos :what we need is a clone of the HalfLife TV... game-server > spectator-server > hundreds of spectators... this way the game-server's load is raised like only one spectator was connected...

+1
That sounds like a good idea.
+1 point
More ideas are welcome. But I also want to see LFS modifications

Quote from Chaos :what we need is a clone of the HalfLife TV... game-server > spectator-server > hundreds of spectators... this way the game-server's load is raised like only one spectator was connected...

very interesting, bbman
It's a very interesting post, bbman. But they think streaming the LFS screen would be possible. We should remember that the engine of LFS works well at the internet because the streaming is only about a few data that is uploading from time to time. With this data, the clients (spectators or participants) running on advanced pc systems use their best technologies to show the LFS to the user, it means advanced calculations from the processors and video cards. And the most important thing, and what is the key of this SIM, the client predicts somewhat of the movements of each car while new packs are about to arrive.
I loved the idea of having sound from a narrator or simply people in the same room talking in a sound chat, which is one thing that some people here use ventrilo, msn etc to do. I think it could be included some day in the game, but I'm afraid that it should be done with the default status off, since it maybe has a band requirement higher than the band required for the game itself. Maybe the solution could come from just a partnership between LFS and some existing chat server. Announces stamped over LFS screen would increase the use.

More spectators needed
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG