The online racing simulator
Can I get a drinks holder in the FXO?
Quote from Monkay :HUGE BODY KITS, BIG ASS WINGS AND FAT CHROME!!!! YAYAYAYAYA

lol jk :P tho, being able to share dds file threw the NFS downloading thing(like for the skins) would be cool

Or just buy NFS,then you're done.
lol i was kidding :P NFS kinda sucks now anyways. totally lost focus. But I onestly think being able to have a custom car is really Cool I hate having the same old banger as the other guy, Like to overhear"Man you see monkay the other day? 'Ya he added a nice lip to his bumper' Kicked all tho's peoples ass' too!! I LOVE MONKAY!!!" ok, little over board but you get my drift. Being diffrent is good.
Quote :The most important option i want to see i a mandantory cockpit view option!

I agree 100%

Some folks want to have their cake and eat it. They buy a racing "sim" because they want realism, but drive as if their head is between the front wheels or they are several feet above the back of the car!illepall

Im also with ModenaF1 on the topic of Tc and driver aids. There should be an option to turn these off if a private server requires it.

rant over, have a nice day!
1. With keyboard, it's almost impossible to drive incar, my view of choice is that 3-4 metres behind the car for keyboard.
2. Bad computers have alot better fps when driving "head between wheels"!
Quote from mr grady :Some folks want to have their cake and eat it. They buy a racing "sim" because they want realism, but drive as if their head is between the front wheels or they are several feet above the back of the car!illepall

It's called, Frame Rate. Wheels view can be the difference between playing the game and just watching a slideshow of racing.

*Oops, didn't see that last post. He said the same thing.
I like msot of the ideas posted, so i'm not going to suggest anything more.
Maybe some have been said, even in this thread, but these are what I would want:

- GPL/GTL style Pitboard (I like to drive with shift+f)
- Flag messages active in shift+f, or better, race marshals waving them
- Flase starts
- Brake fade & engine Temp

And I think this things should not wait until S3, some S2 patches would be great
Quote from modenaf1 :Honestly, radio and airconditioning is neat, and it makes this sim more of a sim, but I think there are other nasty un-simlike (almost needforspeed like)things about the game which need to be fixed. It all deals with the so called "controller assists."

I think these should be dumped, as well as the automatic shifting.

Can't accelerate properly in a car? Tough, you need traction control. Want to drive a racecar in real life that doesn't have TC? Tough.

Can't accelerate in LFS? You should need traction controll to help you too. Want to drive the GTR's or the F08 or probably the XR GTI or UF1000? tough noogies.

Can't shift your own gears in real life? You gotta find a car available with an automatic.

Can't shift in LFS? You should have to do the same. A real automatic that upshifts when you lift off and has the torque converter effect as well.

I think ABS should also be offered, but I have gone over this too much already, just click the link in my sig and read that thread.

Any other things for S3? I would love to see weather, rain, snow (that would make it great for snow rallies, what about a frozen lake for frozen lake autoX's?), icing. I think there should be temperature affecting performance, tires, freezing of rain, etc. Maybe defrost and heater controls could come into play once it gets fancy? Wipers? Windsheild washer jets? Dirty spray from other cars?

How about mud sprayed up from other cars and your own car on a rally course?

Also, damage, but I already know the devs are improving this. (I'm pretty sure anyway).

Oh, and BRAKE TEMPERATURES ( affecting brake wear and brake fade!)and WEAR! Definitely.

Sometimes if you get them really got, they can even heat up the wheel and affect tire pressures as well?

Night racing?

i Agree. I think fully auto box would be good. We could then generate more servers ie auto only, and i think, would be good, as no game to my knoledge has a fully auto box with downshifts
I want to have the ability to view a larger area when using the autocross editor. There ought to be an overhead view from a vantage point that is at least 215 meters above the ground.
1)Make the autocross editor a lot easier to use and view as mentioned afew times above.
2)weather, different levels of rain, snow, and ice(mm rally!)
3)fix lowspeed traction issues
4)put the CD player faceplate back in the car. I feel like I have been jacked.
Quote from NickBW : 4)put the CD player faceplate back in the car. I feel like I have been jacked.

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! lol
IMHO, all that was said is pointless cause we can't want anything from S3 as S2 isn't even out, yet. I mean... you guys don't even know what will be in S2 Full and you all start to talk about "omg! what will be S3 cars?? F50 I bet!!" or "hey what you think will be S3 options? I'd like contact with E.T's, personally." It's uselss to talk about something we don't know anything about, not even if it will really come on... one day, maybe before 2010
I would like to see LfS move up to the next level.

We all agree on the fact that LfS tries to be a simulator - even if people just join for fun (doing other stuff than racing) it's still realistic - we don't have tons of options to degrade this level of realism.

But one major thing is lacking - consecvenses - I know the lack of consecvenses are one of the elements that makes computergames so popular, but I think something should be worked out as an option that can be switched on or off by the server admins.

I haven't been racing online for that long - maybe a year and a half or even two, but I noticed from the very beginning that lots of people are too willing to sabortage someones else game to theire own benefit - ramming beeing one of them.

I must admit I dont see this happening much in LfS, but it does occur - but at the same time I think most, or atleast some of them ,(in LfS), are just unaware about the racing rules.

Even though it doesn't occur as much as in some other racing games, it still occurs so often that I'm now beginning to back off entering turns - by that I mean back off when I'm at the racing line, while an opponent is way off the line and even behind me, but somehow people think the one who first reaches the corner has the right to do the move.

Thats not how it's supposed to be

This, amongst others, kind of behavior takes the fun out of a simulator - I know I can join leagues, but I don't always want that - leagues aren't the same as FFA games.

So I think LfS should have a licensing system - not software licensing but driver/racing licenses - the concept could be similar to the current "Training" in LfS - But instead of unlocking the next vehicle, your result would (also) affect wich servers you can joing. As I mentioned - this should be an option, so server admins can decide for themselfs wether or not the server should dissalow players without the proper license.

The driver school should put theory into practical traing, where it covers the most important issues regarding racing - ie. cutting corners, racing lines, overtaking etc.

The goal isn't to breed the perfect racedriver, but to make the users more aware about the rules and how to behave.

The same is true for real life racing - you have to have license to prove you are of no danger to others and yourself - beside stating that you can actually compete or atleast drive in that class

Main reason for this is - exept that LfS is a simulator - that new gamers will show up every day (or something like that ), and they will have to spend some time online before they know how to properly behave on the tracks (I'm ofcourse only talking about gamers that don't know much about racing rules).

I don't know.. maybe I'm getting too serious about this - but the fact is that whenever a driver hits me, it really bothers me - I can somewhat deal with inexperinced drivers, as I can stay behind them in the beginning to avoid the typical start crashses etc, but experinced drivers (I would call them hotlappers) do it too - they tick me way more off.

I have more ideas on this, but I think I should stop now
Quote from mr grady :I agree 100%

Some folks want to have their cake and eat it. They buy a racing "sim" because they want realism, but drive as if their head is between the front wheels or they are several feet above the back of the car!illepall

I was just browsing this thread and saw this post and had to chime in.

Reality:
Racing a car, you have 5 feet by 2-3 feet of glass in front of you, with 2-3 inches of pillar, 2-3 inches of front downbar obstructing your veiw on drivers side. everything you see is track.

PC Sim:
you have a 17'' monitor your looking thru, and you are2-3' away from it. everything you see is the wall behind the computer, the poster behind it, the cd's on the shelf, the phone, the liscence plate frame, the krystal burger box, your keyboard, mouse, modem, empty cup of milk, cell phone, some change, and roughly a square foot of what your trygin to focus on. now take that small space of view and add in 30% of it being taken away by a dashboard you cant see/read anyways. that is not realism. if you have a projector on your wall with a bucket/wheel and air shocks moving it that is realism. but for the average gamer putting a dash and crap in front of you is a handicap. you already lost the feel, the noise, the air, the...everything about being in a car, dont take away the small amount of the one form of feedback you get which is sight by putting a stupid dashboard in the way of your already limited sight.

my suggestions

couple drift cars with more steering angle, street tires, and ranging power levels, and more adjustable suspension.

maybe make some add ons like different wheels, a couple different body parts and smoe other ricer stuff so people can customize their cars. yes that stuff is gay in real life but im one of those people (as well as a lot of my freinds) who enjoy making our stuff look different and tacky since it is the internet and you'd never do it in real life. adds some fun and variation, and allows some creativity.

other than that ive been playing hte game for 3 days now, like it a lot. pretty realistic im just not able to figure out a couple things. but these are the things i would like to see improved, however after briefly skirmishing around this board i realize as someone who primarily plays this game to drift online with freinds i am the minority. but if these changes are simple to make it would help cater to the drifter crowd. mainly the more steering angle/suspension tuning.
Another suggestion: Clearing the track/leaving to pit

One of the areas in LfS I find very arcadish is the possibility to clear the track at once - and ultimatly rejoin the race - something bad happends... "oh, whatever.. i'll just shift+s and rejoin".

I wont focus on rejoining, but instead talk a bit about the leaving part.

Crashing is a part of racing. So clearing should also be part of it. I dislike the idea of crashing and within milliseconds or so you just hit shift+s and dissapear into the blue.

I would rather see this happening after... say 10 or 15 seconds before the car dissapears - no matter how early you pushed, you just have to wait and the racers still driving have to avoid you.

After the given time the car could dissapear like now, or.. better yet - the game uses this time to push the car away from the track, and then removes it entirely.

Please, don't mistake me for beeing a stunt car racer - I'm not - I just think being a racer also involves unforseen situations and the skill to avoid these.

Ultimatly there shouldn't be any crashes at all - but nobody is perfect.
I disagree with all those who have posted against the current auto gearboxes. I myself am a reasonably new LFS driver (who got in to LFS after seeing it on RSC, where the GeneRally forums are located), and I hotlap on my own for practice using an auto.

A dyno feature would be helpful for drag setups.
Quote from boosterfire :IMHO, all that was said is pointless cause we can't want anything from S3 as S2 isn't even out, yet. I mean... you guys don't even know what will be in S2 Full and you all start to talk about "omg! what will be S3 cars?? F50 I bet!!" or "hey what you think will be S3 options? I'd like contact with E.T's, personally." It's uselss to talk about something we don't know anything about, not even if it will really come on... one day, maybe before 2010

ok, just pretend, the title says: OPTIONS (not cars) we wanna see in S2 FULL
ok?
Quote from mikespeed95 :

my suggestions

couple drift cars with more steering angle, street tires, and ranging power levels, and more adjustable suspension.

maybe make some add ons like different wheels, a couple different body parts and smoe other ricer stuff so people can customize their cars. yes that stuff is gay in real life but im one of those people (as well as a lot of my freinds) who enjoy making our stuff look different and tacky since it is the internet and you'd never do it in real life. adds some fun and variation, and allows some creativity.

other than that ive been playing hte game for 3 days now, like it a lot. pretty realistic im just not able to figure out a couple things. but these are the things i would like to see improved, however after briefly skirmishing around this board i realize as someone who primarily plays this game to drift online with freinds i am the minority. but if these changes are simple to make it would help cater to the drifter crowd. mainly the more steering angle/suspension tuning.

Both the steering angle suggestion and the ones about car mods and kits have been suggested already and pretty much shot down by the majority of people around here. Most LFS'ers don't have a problem with drifters/ricers/tuners in general, but from what I've read I think they (including me) think LFS's focus should stay on realistic racing, without catering to a small minority. S2 cars drift pretty well, even though the max steering lock has been reduced from the S1 days to something more realistic (with regard to an un-modded street car). I must admit it was very easy to drift S1 cars and requires a bit more practice to drift S2 cars. But I usually only drift if I get a corner wrong, so it doesn't hurt me that much

Check here for more improvement suggestions: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2626

@ hideaki-san - I hear you! I'd love to see Nurby (among other legendary tracks) in LFS but it doesn't look likely, due to licensing costs and all that guff. However, if a track making tool were to be released somewhere in the future (post S3), then there would be nothing stopping someone from putting one together - I don't think you can charge game developers licensing fees for 3rd-party user-created addons...if you can, then Sierra/Papyrus (makers of GPL) are in deep trouble...
Quote from mikespeed95 :...... it would help cater to the drifter crowd. mainly the more steering angle/suspension tuning.

The more "realistic" steering angle is working fine and there are players that can drift with very high angles with the right setups, and not losing much speed as well.

There's already a big "drifter's crowd" in LFS, you should buy S2 where you get to see the real drifters with real drifting, not in demo.
#48 - RMX
Remove all views except cockpit when racing.
Quote from RMX :Remove all views except cockpit when racing.

Nope, sorry. It causes frame rate problems for some people.
Add OPTION to FORCE cockpit view on a server. If your (directed at no one) PC can't handle the realism then race on a different server or upgrade. Simple.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG